Family Seeks Easter Eggs Full of Cash

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Family Seeks Easter Eggs Full of Cash

Postby Martrae » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:54 pm

Mar 28, 4:41 PM (ET)

MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - Plastic Easter eggs which a family mistakenly donated to a Salvation Army thrift store before realizing they had been stuffed full of cash remained missing Monday after word of the incident spread during the holiday weekend.

Thrift Store manager Paul Kolb said a woman came into the store earlier this month looking for plastic Easter eggs that had been among her grandmother's possessions, which the family donated after she passed away in January.

"I hoping some goodhearted soul will come forward," Kolb said Monday.

The woman had kept only one of her grandmother's possessions - her diary.

After flipping through it, she found out too late what a special Easter her grandmother had planned.

"Grandmother was planning for the Easter egg hunt of hunts," Kolb said. "The eggs this year were filled with cash instead of candy."

"She had carefully packed them full and recorded everything in her diary."

The woman, who did not want to be named, did not reveal how much cash was in the plastic eggs, but she told Kolb it was "a considerable amount."

Kolb said it's not the first time someone has called looking to reclaim sentimental objects or things donated by mistake.

He asked the person who purchased the eggs to return them to the original owner.

"As a thrift store manager, I can understand the excitement of finding a treasure. However, under these circumstances, you have only found a lost item, mistakenly given in good faith to benefit those in need," Kolb said.

Kolb recalled how he thought the soft-spoken woman who came into the store looking for Easter eggs was just another customer.

"Little did I know, the hunt had just begun."

How hard would it have been to check the damn things before donating them. Surely it was obvious something was in them and it wasn't candy....
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:52 pm

well

do you honestly think you'd notice the weight of a dollar bill (of insert value) ?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:21 pm

You'd notice something paperlike was in there.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jennay » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:59 pm

One time I was throwing away stuff I figured we haven't used in 5+ years so , out of sight, out of mind, ya know? Well good thing I checked inside of this old broken ceramic Santa Claus bank shoved in the back of our closet, because I found two $100 bills tucked away in tehre. My husband was like " Oh yea, I stashed that away for a rainy day about 3 years ago!" We ended up just using it for a night out, dinner, movies, snacks, and whatnot. It was fun :)
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Martrae » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:32 pm

Exactly, why on earth would you just discard something without at least looking in it?

Especially something an old person had. My grandfather hid stuff in shoes, containers in the fridge, and other assorted odd places.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:34 pm

your grandfather hid his shoes in the fridge?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Martrae » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:36 pm

Silly wabbit!
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ciladan » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:50 am

So they were donated to people in need and then they wanted to take them back? They're hoping THEY will be the good hearted people to return them? Boo-fucking-hoo.
Ciladan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Kramer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:07 am

dumbignorantfoolishgreedysomsabitches
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:21 am

The people who got em probably need it more.

Karma strikes again.
    Zanchief

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:41 am

My grandmother had money hidden in potted plants, her mattresses (the old kind that zipped up) taped behind pictures. She died with .47 in her cheking account and several thouasands of cash in her home. My aunts inherited the house, and she died 12 years ago. They are still finding cash in odd places.
    Zanchief wrote:
    Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
    The Kizzy
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:44 pm

Exactly!
    Martrae
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Current Affairs