Online Gamer Stabbed for Selling Cyber-Saber

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Online Gamer Stabbed for Selling Cyber-Saber

Postby Martrae » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:25 am

BEIJING (Reuters) - A Shanghai online game player stabbed to death a competitor who sold his cyber-sword, the China Daily said Wednesday, creating a dilemma in China where no law exists for the ownership of virtual weapons.

Qiu Chengwei, 41, stabbed competitor Zhu Caoyuan repeatedly in the chest after he was told Zhu had sold his "dragon saber," used in the popular online game, "Legend of Mir 3," the newspaper said a Shanghai court was told Tuesday.

"Legend of Mir 3" features heroes and villains, sorcerers and warriors, many of whom wield enormous swords.

Qiu and a friend jointly won their weapon last February, and lent it to Zhu who then sold it for 7,200 yuan (US$870), the newspaper said.

Qui went to the police to report the "theft" but was told the weapon was not real property protected by law.

"Zhu promised to hand over the cash but an angry Qui lost patience and attacked Zhu at his home, stabbing him in the left chest with great force and killing him," the court was told.

The newspaper did not specify the charge against Qiu but said he had given himself up to police and already pleaded guilty to "intentional injury."

No verdict has been announced.

More and more online gamers were seeking justice through the courts over stolen weapons and credits, the newspaper said.

"The armor and swords in games should be deemed as private property as players have to spend money and time for them," Wang Zongyu, an associate law professor at Beijing's Renmin University of China, was quoted as saying.

But other experts are calling for caution. "The 'assets' of one player could mean nothing to others as they are by nature just data created by game providers," a lawyer for a Shanghai-based Internet game company was quoted as saying.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby labbats » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:42 am

This guy obviously never camped Ragefire for the cleric epic, or there'd be a massacre.
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby Xaiveir » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:45 am

I remember when i sold my roomates wurmslayer. I thought he was going to kill me :eyecrazy:
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:47 am

I remember when my friend sold my account another friend gave me as a birthday present when he quit.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Captain Insano » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:40 am

labbats wrote:This guy obviously never camped Ragefire for the cleric epic, or there'd be a massacre.

laffobutter
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Aires » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:35 pm

Was that guy on any sort of medication or anything. i'm not saying that thats the cause, im just wondering.
Most the world is a whole bunch of stupid.
Aires
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tikker » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:55 pm

BASS FISHING MOFAKA
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Diabolik » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:56 pm

I memember wen I sold my best friend's Langseax of the Wolves OMFG he beet me with sticks.
Mindia wrote:Yes Kizzy, and if given the opportunity I would love to SPIT in your face right now, you fucking PIG.
Diabolik
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Return to Current Affairs