No one left to argue with!

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: No one left to argue with!

Postby Tossica » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:00 am

Euro Disney was a ghost town when we were there. No waits on any of the rides! haha
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Reynaldo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:11 am

Yeah same for us.

DL Paris (Eurodisney) was hilarious. No restrictions on smoking was one. Nothing like second hand smoke while waiting in line for Tower of Terror. Also there was no organization for meeting characters, no queue lines or anything. Just big circular dogpiles around them and whoever shoves their way to the front gets the picture.

Rides there were awesome though. Space Mountain with loops and fast takeoff, Crush's Coaster.

Pirates of the Carribean talking in French was awesome.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Harrison » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:34 am

We did Universal today and it was amazing. Less people, the attractions were better, the character-lunch for the kids was amazing, just everything.

Fantasmic was the highpoint of it all.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:11 am

disney world seems like overkill

i've only been to the original disneyland. it's sweet with the all access pass so you can hop over to california adventure whenever you want

honestly enjoyed it the same or more as an adult. not sure if i liked the revamped star wars ride and submarine ride, but whatever. at least you can get drunk at california adventure

and there was a tiki bar in the middle of the resort that had crazy special effects inside whenever people would order certain drinks. stupid shit, asking lonely MILFs to dash nutmeg over a flaming shot of 151 or something
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Savanna » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:41 am

I have this dread and excitement about taking the boys to Disneyland soon. I have no problem taking them out of school to find some off peak time but I have friends that love to go on Halloween and Christmas time then b*tch about the lines. I'll probably be looking for pointers here soon. :) Disneyworld won't happen until they are older. I won't put them through Epcot when their are young like I did for my first trip. I had a lot more fun when I was older.
I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures
Savanna
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby brinstar » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:38 pm

i've only been to the one in FL (can never remember which is which) and it was only once when we were ages 11 and 7 (or 12 and 8? w/e) though obv part of the problem is living exactly halfway between the two and having zero family near either lol

i really enjoyed it then, esp the multinational nightly firework show, dang - and while i can't know whether i'd enjoy it as an adult i'm pretty sure i'd be wide-eyed with wonder if i were a parent taking my 6 year old, as i'd kinda be experiencing it all over again vicariously through them (plus i kinda really get into things anyway)

i'd have to go when it's nice out though, and nice for me = mid to upper 50s and partly cloudy. any warmer than about 75 and i'm just miserable as hell
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:05 pm

brinstar wrote:i've only been to the one in FL (can never remember which is which) and it was only once when we were ages 11 and 7 (or 12 and 8? w/e) though obv part of the problem is living exactly halfway between the two and having zero family near either lol

i really enjoyed it then, esp the multinational nightly firework show, dang - and while i can't know whether i'd enjoy it as an adult i'm pretty sure i'd be wide-eyed with wonder if i were a parent taking my 6 year old, as i'd kinda be experiencing it all over again vicariously through them (plus i kinda really get into things anyway)

i'd have to go when it's nice out though, and nice for me = mid to upper 50s and partly cloudy. any warmer than about 75 and i'm just miserable as hell

From your temperature requirements, I'd think Disneyland in late autum/early spring would fit.

I've only been to Disneyland, but I first went down there almost 40 years ago now. Back then, they were still using those ticket books that gave rise to the expression of "That is an E-ticket ride". (Basically, park entry was really cheap, but every ride required a ticket to get on, and every ride was rated as to what kind of ticket it took to go on, from A (tamest) to E (Space Mountain, say). So, to go on rides, you had to buy books of tickets, and each book would only have like 1-2 E tickets in it, and shitloads of the lower ones.)

The parks are fun for kids or for parents with kids, but as an adult without any? Not so much.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:18 am

I don't see how people do it, as someone who lives in Orlando. I get that the summer is when kids are off school but holy shit I could deal with that if it wasn't 97 PLUS hour to two hour waits for rides.

Absolute best time that I've seen to come to D-World is the week after thanksgiving break. Weather has finally cooled off and lines are 15-25 minutes for the big stuff tops. That being said, it usually is pretty slow from january - start of spring breaks for kids, but this year it has been a madhouse all year so far.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Kaemon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:02 am

We'll be there in November...again.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:00 am

Just take some mushrooms and hit up the park. Instant fun/nightmare depending how you roll.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:10 am

hahahahahah. indiana jones on shrooms would be out of control

or alice in wonderland

small world ride would be a fuckin nightmare. not that it isn't already
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Man, Disney on mushrooms would be a heart attack in waiting. Way too much going on and way too many people.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:31 am

Feel like if you were gonna do disney or ceader point coke would be the drug to go to. I get pukey on shrooms and that wouldnt be fun for me or anyone else. Coke on the other hand ...... yeeha
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Arlos » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:32 am

Spazz wrote:Feel like if you were gonna do disney or ceader point coke would be the drug to go to. I get pukey on shrooms and that wouldnt be fun for me or anyone else. Coke on the other hand ...... yeeha

Yeesh. Coke? No way. Ecstasy. That's what you want to do at Disney. Get you right into the happy sappy lovefest mood Disney tries to portray, gives you shit tons of energy to bounce around the park like a maniac, etc.

Alternately, my personal favorite hallucinogen, 2CB.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:03 pm

I dont get down with that one either.

Coke is the go geter drug man id see that whole park twice spend a small fortune and be pumped about the whole thing. Id be up in that bitch like stitches end up in the clank :(
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Arlos » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Yeah, Coke never did anything for me at all, to be honest. Tried it a few times, and the sum result was: Head felt stuffed full of wool, teeth felt numb & tingly, had the after-snorting effect where it feels like you've got phlegm stuck in the back of your throat and you can't cough or spit it out (never-stated big downside to snorted drugs, boys and girls), and a strange feeling of wanting to do it again. I decided that since it wasn't doing anything positive, I'd take that "wanting to do it again for no reason" as a warning, and haven't touched the stuff since, and that was like 15 years ago.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Cokes a rush ive done it a handful of times and ever since everytime im having a good time i wish i had some. I stay away from that shit but i was just sayin if were talkin bout theme parks and dope thats the one id pick,

Spazz would have a coke problem if he was rich :(

My exp with blow is that ric flair was totally on that shit,
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:07 pm

I did coke two or three times.

I wasn't impressed. It was fun, it felt great, and it was expensive. It didn't last very long, and felt way too addictive. I don't have an addictive personality or bone in my body(hence why I can do these things and never touch them again) but, it made me WANT more as Arlos pointed out. I have never felt that feeling on anything in my life and I didn't like being forced to feel like I want more of anything.

I think all said and done I just like the psychoactives I've done and that's about it.

Mushrooms and Acid though I could be convinced to do again if I had the free day away from the family to do so.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:44 am

When I was a kid I really hated nasal spray so one night my mom waited until I was asleep and forced the nasal spray on me and I woke up fighting to get it out of my nose as she held it in there and sprayed. That left some sort of trauma because to this day I can't use nasal spray and I've never even remotely considered using coke. I don't even know if I can.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:39 pm

You don't have to snort it...
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:40 pm

or should I say insufflate.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Sat May 23, 2015 11:29 pm

I guess everyone is finally ready to admit I was right about everything. If HD-DVD had won, the world would be awesomer.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Sun May 24, 2015 11:05 am

I never disagreed, but me thinks you only thought that because of your X-Box hardon.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Mon May 25, 2015 6:20 pm

Zanchief wrote:I never disagreed, but me thinks you only thought that because of your X-Box hardon.

Nah, I didn't get an xbox one untill they were like $29. I had the Toshiba player. In other news, I have a PS4 now but no interest in XBOX One yet.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:07 am

I would so argue the fuck out of just about every subject with you Toss, since we disagree on just about everything except Music. :) However, I generally stay off discussions on the Netz nowadays since I limit my time. Plus, a board with a ton of liberals, two liberal alter egos, and I is not a venue for good discussions!

I won the Bluray vs HDD war. I accept your surrender years later!
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

PreviousNext

Return to Cap's Alehouse