Life updates

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Life updates

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:35 pm

10/21 Schedule procedure on 11/13

11/12 Procedure denied pending peer review

11/13 They call and tell me procedure cancelled because insurance requires peer to peer review between cardiologist and insurance doctor. They will do peer to peer review on this day or on 11/16 I'm told.

11/17 I call to find out what happened. They didn't make the call due to a "calendar error"

11/18 @ noon I call and the lady I've been talking to tells me I have to talk to a different lady and that the other lady will call me in a couple of minutes.

11/18 3pm I call them again, get that first lady again. She tells me she doesn't know how to use her new phone system and put it on hold. I'll get a call in a few minutes.

11/18 3:40pm I call and get their voicemail.

11/18 3:45pm I call back and ask for supervisor, suddenly the lady who promised to call me picks up (not a supervisor) and tells me the appeal and approval will take "around 30 days".

What's in 30 days? Christmas week. Trying to get the approval expedited.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:15 am

fuckin hell that's bullshit, sorry duder

(we can haz universal healthcare pls?)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Savanna » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:43 am

That stinks! ;(. Nothing like playing the waiting game when you have a heart problem!!! Hopefully you get it moved up! I take care of patients after ICD placements, open heart surgery etc. You have a good game plan with resting and movie watching! Don't be a tough guy with pain control ...take it if you are sore so your body can heal up! I Love the ❤️!

Oh and be nice to your nurse ;).
I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures
Savanna
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:44 am

I got it approved and scheduled today actually. My surgery date is on Dec 11th. Finally approved for everything.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:16 am

Best wishes man. Gonna binge watch TWD still?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:59 am

last time i was laid up for a significant period of time i binge-played fire emblem on the gamecube

nothing like a good RPG to help chew up bed rest
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:42 am

Drem wrote:Best wishes man. Gonna binge watch TWD still?

Yeah that seems to be the plan.

brinstar wrote:last time i was laid up for a significant period of time i binge-played fire emblem on the gamecube

nothing like a good RPG to help chew up bed rest

Yeah I can't wind down with games, even if they are RPG's. Games put my brain in a mode where I have to be completionist or efficient and I think I stress myself out lol. Not really stress out but definitely not put me in a rested state. Whenever I've been anxious or under pressure at work it helped when I put the games away and put my brain to rest.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:12 pm

I've been getting these crazy headaches lately and I think it's because of Fallout 4 for that reason. It's part because my brain keeps working after I stop playing and part because there are so many little collectibles that I have to pay such close attention. I should sue Bethesda.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Zanchief wrote:I've been getting these crazy headaches lately and I think it's because of Fallout 4 for that reason. It's part because my brain keeps working after I stop playing and part because there are so many little collectibles that I have to pay such close attention. I should sue Bethesda.

That would be very middle American of you.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby 10sun » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Gaming induced PTSD.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Maybe Zan just needs some Radaway and a stimpack

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:21 pm

moved into a rental house with the little lady almost a month ago; we've been together 14 months and got tired of paying for two apartments lol

super cute two-story on a corner lot a block off of a nice park + trail system. six blocks to local grocer + swank bistro. quiet neighborhood nevertheless situated between three major traffic arterials. top floor has bedroom, office, yoga room, bathroom. main floor has living room, eat-in kitchen, formal dining room converted into arts & crafts room, backporch/mudroom. basement has enough room for (large) band rehearsal. patio for entertaining, large shed for storage. digging it so far, though it's a lot of work
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:29 pm

Congrats man. Sounds awesome
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:12 pm

I left my consulting gig and took a job with a company in downtown Cleveland. More money, management level position, but a 58 mile commute. On the good side, I'm stocked with downloaded audio books for the rest of the year. I'm ready to retire, but really have 20 more years working.

I'm ready to defy the odds and allow the 1 in 292 million powerball odds to be overcome and grant me Trump like moneys....
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby 10sun » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:19 pm

Welp, my brother OD'd less than a month out of rehab.
Time to get ready to bury a sibling.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:04 am

holy shit adam. so, so sorry.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:55 am

Belated congrats Lyion. Keep movin on up.

Sorry to hear about your brother Adam. I'm sorry to ask specifics but did you mean your brother passed away from ODing or are you looking ahead based on repeated behavior?

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:33 pm

Fuuuuuck. Sorry to hear that, man

Also another belated congrats, Lyion. 58 mile commute? No thx
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:40 pm

jesus 10 that's the worst, so sorry man
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:01 am

Jay wrote:Sorry to hear about your brother Adam. I'm sorry to ask specifics but did you mean your brother passed away from ODing or are you looking ahead based on repeated behavior?

It was based upon the initial reports.
Long and the short of it is he is dead and it was drug related & self inflicted.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:01 pm

10sun wrote:
Jay wrote:Sorry to hear about your brother Adam. I'm sorry to ask specifics but did you mean your brother passed away from ODing or are you looking ahead based on repeated behavior?

It was based upon the initial reports.
Long and the short of it is he is dead and it was drug related & self inflicted.

Jesus man I'm so sorry. You and your family in my thoughts man.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:32 pm

Fuck man, that's never easy. :\
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:48 pm

Thanks everybody.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Lyion » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Sorry Adam. :( I have a sister who's had a drug problem and also is bipolar and has been close to death a few times. Part of me wonders if the two things are not related. Our society sucks at supporting dependency, drug issues, and mental illness.

My 58 mile commute takes me an hour, so it's actually not that bad. I leave at 6:30 and I'm walking in the door at my office at 7:30 most days. I enjoyed working in Houston but a 12 mile drive to the inner loop usually took longer than my 58 mile one to Cleveland.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:43 pm

Lyion wrote:Sorry Adam. :( I have a sister who's had a drug problem and also is bipolar and has been close to death a few times. Part of me wonders if the two things are not related. Our society sucks at supporting dependency, drug issues, and mental illness.

My 58 mile commute takes me an hour, so it's actually not that bad. I leave at 6:30 and I'm walking in the door at my office at 7:30 most days. I enjoyed working in Houston but a 12 mile drive to the inner loop usually took longer than my 58 mile one to Cleveland.

I drive anywhere from half an hour to an hour a day. Prime podcast time.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to Cap's Alehouse