Prince died today

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Prince died today

Postby Arlos » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:24 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/entertain ... index.html

Apparently he'd been sick for a while, and had been cancelling concerts.

I was never the biggest fan, but I respected the hell out of him. I could acknowledge and respect his monumental talent without really caring for the music he made.

But damn, are we losing EVERYONE in 2016?
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Prince died today

Postby Jay » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Too soon?
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:11 am

When Bowie died, I said to myself "At least it wasn't Prince". :( This one hurts, bad. I usually am not phased by celebrity deaths but this is my home town hero. He's the cornerstone of every DJ set I play. In my opinion, the greatest songwriter, musician and entertainer in my life time.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:37 am

Fentanyl overdose is what killed him. Apparently that stuff is so potent/toxic that just a few specks of it the size of 2 or 3 grains of sand is enough to be a fatal dose, and it can be absorbed through the skin, so you just need to touch it. Police when they go into a drug lab with this stuff have to wear class 1 hazmat suits. The same kind people wear if they're handling things like the Ebola virus. It's that hardcore. It's a pain killer, mainly prescribed to cancer patients who's pain is so bad, even morphine won't touch it. Apparently his inner circle had staged an intervention with him about it just a few days before he died.

Ugh.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Cap's Alehouse