Life updates

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Life updates

Postby Jay » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:54 pm

We will all be ok for sure.

BTW, the bad counseling fucked me up so bad I feel like I want to warn you a bit so take it for what you will but feel free to ignore otherwise.

Marriage counseling is not marital advice. I can't stress that enough. It's the navigation of what your problems are. If your marriage counselor gives you any relationship advice, take that as a red flag. That's not their job. Their job is to help you identify what your problems are and position you to decide whether or not your marriage is worth saving. My first counselor did a couple of things that were considered ethical breaches. She gave relationship advice and she also used other relationships as examples of how things should be in her perspective. That's the worst thing a counselor could do (according to my current counselor). Your marriage is unique. It's not the same as mine. Your problems are unique. It's their job to help you recognize what's wrong, not tell you how to fix it.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:50 pm

hi
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:26 pm

brinstar wrote:hi

Sup?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:45 pm

nuthin
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Weird thing happened. So I was out of town on business and missed my cardiology appointment. Later that week I get a letter in the mail saying that I missed my appointment so they wifi'd into my heart device and see that all of my numbers are looking good and that I don't have to come in. Big Brother much?
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Jesus christ, that's amazing. I didn't know that we were doing that yet.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:46 pm

^^^^ fuckin hell that shit is wild

i'm subbing in an omaha band twice this weekend, the same band i did a quick minitour with to CO back in june. the ukelele lady (ukelady?) we stayed/played with there is kicking off her eastern US tour and we're playing with her saturday in lincoln and sunday in des moines

anyway when we were in CO and she was out running errands or something we learned one of her songs real quick, and when she got back she was so excited that she decided to make a video. enjoy:

this kind of thing isn't typically my bag* but it's real nice sounding stuff and i have always tried really hard to be involved in a wide variety of styles because i think it's hell of good for me and there's always more to learn

*introspective side note: there seems to be an negative correlation between "music i really love writing/making" and "music that people want to listen to" haha

EDIT: and lest you think i'm fuckin goin soft, that tshirt i'm wearing is the motherfuckin budos band, the scariest funk band ever

compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:32 pm

u look like "I'm just here so i won't get fined"

Budos is pretty good. You might also like Jungle if you haven't heard em. More excellent new funk
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Drem wrote:u look like "I'm just here so i won't get fined"

Budos is pretty good. You might also like Jungle if you haven't heard em. More excellent new funk

turns out KP the keys player took video of our entire show last night, you can watch it here:

https://www.periscope.tv/PikopK_/1eaJbXYjrpkKX
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:12 pm

yeah i'm being a boastful wad and bumping the other thread because having watched the entire periscope vid i actually sounded way better than i thought i did haha

it's like "the camera adds ten pounds" only with talent
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:13 pm

I just got back from a week in Big Sur / Bay Area.
Fun stuff, probably be another couple decades before I get back.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:13 am

I started dating another teacher at my school back in January. First date was The Force Awakens. I moved in with her in May, and discovered she owns way more video games than me. Its been pretty awesome so far.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:02 am

Some solid updates here, people! Nice work.

I finished up my first record at age 46! haha.

Hope to have it in my hands by end of year. It's a 4trk EP, vinyl only, limited pressing thing. Dance music.

Here's the first track off it.

https://soundcloud.com/discodevils/swing-easy
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:31 am

Jay wrote:We will all be ok for sure.

BTW, the bad counseling fucked me up so bad I feel like I want to warn you a bit so take it for what you will but feel free to ignore otherwise.

Marriage counseling is not marital advice. I can't stress that enough. It's the navigation of what your problems are. If your marriage counselor gives you any relationship advice, take that as a red flag. That's not their job. Their job is to help you identify what your problems are and position you to decide whether or not your marriage is worth saving. My first counselor did a couple of things that were considered ethical breaches. She gave relationship advice and she also used other relationships as examples of how things should be in her perspective. That's the worst thing a counselor could do (according to my current counselor). Your marriage is unique. It's not the same as mine. Your problems are unique. It's their job to help you recognize what's wrong, not tell you how to fix it.

update: our counselor is in fact AMAZING and doesn't do any of those things. i'm still not sure where we're going to end up--separate or together--but she is getting josh to open up in ways i never expected and it's been really special to watch it happen. (and lest you think i get off the hook for anything, rest assured we are addressing my fair share of nonsense as well.)

obviously i hope that all this hard work ends with us together and better than ever, but it is surprisingly comforting to know that even if i'm not by his side, josh is going to have a happier, healthier life than would ever have been possible.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Harrison » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:00 pm

We all should get some sort of medal for being in contact for this long, honestly.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby leah » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:58 am

hahaha kind of. it's pretty great. like having a posse of older brothers on the internets.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Arlos » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:33 am

Update for me:

Still looking for work, doing the drive for Uber/Lyft thing to pay bills in the meantime.

My mother is currently just over halfway done with a course of chemotherapy. Earlier this year, routine colonoscopy found something alarming, turned out she had stage 3 colon cancer. Operated on it this summer, went well, but checks of the nearby lymph nodes found it had started to spread, so chemo it is. She finishes in December. She's holding up well, though sick as hell when she actually gets it and for several days afterward. Finishes chemo in December.

My father had to be rushed to the hospital with a racing heart rate, got close to a heart attack, but the docs got it under control before that happened. Still, his father died of a massive heart attack, so worrisome for sure, and they had to start him on warfarin.

I am having surgery myself in a bit less than 2 weeks. Bone spur growing into the C6-C7 gap between the vertebrae in my neck has caused a severely pinched nerve that has my entire left arm in serious pain + that numb/tingly funny bone feeling all the time. Plus, small bulge growing in the main spinal column in the same spot. So, they're going to be doing an artificial replacement of the disc + fusing, including bone grafts, etc. Apparently it's not THAT big a deal, as they're only keeping me in the hospital overnight. We'll see, I guess.

On the plus side, I've had a lot of success losing weight over the last year. Moving, feeling, and sleeping better for sure.

My brother might be relocating to Cyprus to work at the headquarters of Wargaming, the company that makes World of Tanks. Oh, and his lady is preggers again. That would be kid #4 of his (2 from his first wife, this'll be the 2nd from this one), plus his lady had a daughter from a previous relationship. I have been suggesting he change his last name to Duggar, but he keeps refusing for some reason...
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:28 am

update from me: JUST KIDDING, i married a fuckface hypocrite and will soon be flying solo. if you know any single tall guys, send 'em my way.

:cry:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:13 am

^^^ also PM her if you want the address of someone who really needs to anonymously get some nasty shit through the mail ;\
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:02 pm

leah wrote:update from me: JUST KIDDING, i married a fuckface hypocrite and will soon be flying solo. if you know any single tall guys, send 'em my way.

I hear Kevin Love isn't married.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:37 pm

You married this guy?

Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Jay wrote:
leah wrote:update from me: JUST KIDDING, i married a fuckface hypocrite and will soon be flying solo. if you know any single tall guys, send 'em my way.

ugh I WISH. even if it was within the realm of possibility that i might meet him, he's dating a gotdamn swimsuit model. :rolleyes:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:41 pm

leah wrote:
Jay wrote:

ugh I WISH. even if it was within the realm of possibility that i might meet him, he's dating a gotdamn swimsuit model. :rolleyes:

Just buy a swimsuit. EZPZ

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby 10sun » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Another promotion.
Associate Program Manager for my company.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Drem » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Congrats man

That sucks tho, Leah. Mr. Poopy was just a shit stain after all

Life's good here. Gonna save hundreds next year on health insurance. Second child inc at the end of March. Business is busy. Very grateful, can't complain, except about my brother-in-law because he's a fuckin idiot that's ruining our family and my wife's sister's life

Happy Holidays!
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to Cap's Alehouse