Life updates

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Life updates

Postby 10sun » Tue May 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Started playing in an adult soccer league.
I managed to score two goals and an assist last weekend.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby 10sun » Mon May 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Week 2 of soccer league. We are all broken.
One goal this week.
I put the ball down and faked through everybody with my drunken soccer style when my teammates were unable to get away from my goal.

Next week: better stretching.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Harrison » Wed May 17, 2017 9:34 am

Just registered for the Fall Semester

I got one more semester and maybe a summer course or two left to graduate.

How I'm going to do this while half a step from being homeless? I guess we'll see. :dunno:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:24 pm

Back from Iceland. It was a good trip.
24 hours of daylight does get weird though.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Jay » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:29 am

10sun wrote:Back from Iceland. It was a good trip.
24 hours of daylight does get weird though.

Oh snap. I've always been curious about Iceland. Looks incredible in photos.

Harrison: I dunno man but you just gotta dig deep and you'll find a way to survive.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:44 pm

I had to make the tough decision to move to PA and finish school here, for many reasons.

So far, so good. I'm registered up and settled in.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ClakarEQ » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:55 am

I got back from Amsterdam a couple weeks back. Next time I go to EU I'm going to make sure I have a layover there (red light is a 20min train ride from the airport). It was full of awesome.
It was weird that it didn't get dark until late (like 10:30pm) and there was no smoking in bars except smoking pot was ok. Very strange to see 16 year olds drinking and smoking at these places.

Grad party for my oldest is finally done, pushed him a bit to a community college to get his feet wet (was a "fair" high school student and I'm NOT dropping 5 figures on some named university, hell, I don't even have a degree)

Soccer is another month away but will get back to coaching and refereeing, that's always fun.

Going to Bar Harbor ME next week for vacation, looking forward to the food.

Waiting every day in hopes that the orange man collapses in to a mess so folks with big boy pants can actually get shit done (although Pence and Ryan freak me out just as bad and McConnell needs a fucking dirt nap).

Work stress will be the death of me, I just know it.

Other than that, peaches and cream :p
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby 10sun » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Jury Pool Duty. 5 day long business class plane trip where the best case scenario is you get called to a courtroom for a crime you didn't commit.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:09 am

going down to ye olde courthouse today to officially file my complaint for divorce. RIP. :balloons: :behead: :boohoo: :deal:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 am

hm haven't updated in a while, recent activities:

• started a monthly-ish D&D campaign with a couple pals from omaha, my fake brother, and my real gf. rolled up a folk hero monk and am enjoying the shit out of that toon in particular and 5E in general
  • rewatching the original twin peaks with the gf (who'd never seen it) so we are on the same page when we dive into S3
  • band 1 has renamed itself Dazzle Ships (which irks me) and are slowly making progress toward beginning our first serious attempt at an album in our 5+ year history
  • band 2, Sun Day, has drifted into the tidepools of indefinite hiatus. afaik this had nothing to do with any sort of interpersonal issues or even creativity blocks, it was just a bunch of RL stuff - homeownership (bassist), too many other projects (gtr/vox), impossible work schedules (piano), recurring carpal tunnel syndrome (violin), and general flightiness (trumpet). i still cling to hope that we come back around to it someday, but even if we don't i am still damn proud of that tape we put out
  • band 3, Whiskey Drinkers Union, had a big show in june and have more or less taken the rest of the summer off due to trips and vacations and such
  • band 4, All Young Girls Are Machine Guns, of whom i am only a part time reservist, is also looking at upcoming studio time. becky the bandleader is seriously considering having me play on a couple of studio tracks (even though i am the "backup" percussionist) because she just likes the way i play those tracks better than their regular guy does it :)
  • trying not to panic about the impending nuclear war
  • the DC trip i mentioned earlier involved meeting face-to-face with two of our three congressmen and the agricultural aide of one of our two senators. pretty crazy. co-wrote and published an op-ed in our newspaper a few weeks ago, and then had a meeting last week with the energy aide of our other senator. we are seeing some movement toward bipartisanship on climate change, believe it or not - the climate solutions caucus in the house of representatives is up to 52 members, which is more than 10% of the house itself. that's 26 R and 26 D, because joining the CSC requires you find a member of the other party to join with you. really important work we're doing; i predict our next democratic president will sign carbon tax legislation
  • heading to the winter park area of CO friday morning for a family vaca. been there (and rocky mtn natl park) a million times, still love it to death
  • looking at a quick trip to the tetons next month before the park closes, that's where my gf's folks live summers as her dad is a park ranger
  • 1-day chicago trip next month with leah to see final fantasy orchestra
  • saving for a house, slowly but surely
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:20 pm

brinstar wrote:1-day chicago trip next month with leah to see final fantasy orchestra

Exciting stuff all around, but this is probably the kicker.
I had the opportunity to see Video Games Live https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Games_Live about 7 years ago.
The Final Fantasy sections were fantastic (Castlevania was my favorite part though).
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:34 am

10sun wrote:
brinstar wrote:1-day chicago trip next month with leah to see final fantasy orchestra

Exciting stuff all around, but this is probably the kicker.
I had the opportunity to see Video Games Live https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Games_Live about 7 years ago.
The Final Fantasy sections were fantastic (Castlevania was my favorite part though).

i saw the Distant Worlds tour in omaha a few years ago right around valentine's day and it was incredible. was supposed to go again this february but had a blowout fight with josh and ended up missing it, so this trip to chicago is kind of a "treat yo'self" moment for me to make up for what i missed out on. plus, fun road trip with my bro.

if you can make it to Distant Worlds sometime, you really should go! it's an incredible experience. plus, last time i saw them (2013 maybe?), it was nobuo uematsu's birthday and he was there to help conduct and we sang happy birthday to him and he blew out candles on a giant cake. really amazing (and somewhat surreal) memory. :balloons: september's show is part of the 30th anniversary of FF music. i'm psyyyyched.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:14 pm

10sun wrote:Castlevania

ugh speaking of which

no thanks in part to the awesome 4-ep castlevania miniseries on netflix (which is awesome btw) i've been feeling a HARD jones to binge some CV lately

start with the NES installments, hit the SNES one, then do a deep dive on SotN

salt and sanctuary numbed it for a few weeks, sure, but it was like when you try to get relief by scratching AROUND a mosquito bite - it helps, but you definitely don't get that sweet sweet dopamine dump from just raking your nails right across the bite
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:43 am

My second ever live performance in front of humans that aren't my wife. The last 13 minutes are pretty decent, IMO.

https://soundcloud.com/midnight-music-c ... ngeon-2017
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:08 pm

My wife brought home a specimen sample cup from her lady parts doctor.
I pooped in it. There was some corn. I don't know where the corn came from.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Jay » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:52 am

10sun wrote:My wife brought home a specimen sample cup from her lady parts doctor.
I pooped in it. There was some corn. I don't know where the corn came from.

I imagine from a corn field somewhere.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:42 pm

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:36 am

In case anyone was wondering, Gypsiyee rode out the hurricane and is fine.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:51 am

A) super glad ashley & the beau and doggos are safe. these storms have been bananas.

2) the Distant Worlds show in chicago was baller af

d) my divorce hearing is november 6. all good vibes and positive juju welcome. i might actually implode.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby leah » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:45 am

sup i got a divorce yesterday :boohoo:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby 10sun » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Congratulations! Here is to moving forward with your life!
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:28 am

thanks <3 feels weird. i know it's for the best but i'm still in the grieving period i think.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:25 pm

You were too good for that dude. Time to upgrade :)

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:04 am

Congratulations~

My life still sucks, but it's going.

I graduate next fall. Maybe then my life can stop being so awful.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:45 pm

-Life still awful
-Still in school, straight As
-Changed major from Administration to Security
-Down to 3 packages of ramen, 4 cans of soup, a box of oatmeal, and spent the last $0.93 on my last book that was over my book advance from financial aid. (Totalling $1000.93 this semester; what a fucking racket!)
-I got a tutoring position at the school for almost every subject imaginable, but there's very little demand for them because no one likes to admit they need help so no income from that yet.

Basically just alive because I don't know how else to be lol
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Cap's Alehouse