Investment question, and some good news to boot )

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Investment question, and some good news to boot )

Postby Kramer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:03 am

gotta say that website is awful... 15 minutes is about right and the "blog" that has one response.... yikes.

if it looks like a steaming pile of shit
if it feels like a steaming pile of shit
if it smells like a steaming pile of shit
if it's website is a steaming pile of shit.....
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:36 pm

After reading through it all, and not knowing anything about it, I think this:

This guy Michael Harris can't cure AIDS. He says on that website that all his treatment does is return functionality of the patient's immune system to normal. And after a five year watch period his lab results come back "better than average (for someone with HIV)". I think what he's doing is very real, but I'm not about to call Duke and ask if he actually tested there like he claims, because I don't care that much. I also think what he's doing is very simple in the grand scheme of medicine. All it really sounds like, based off that website, is an alternative to taking medication for the rest of your life because some HIV/AIDS patients can't. If curing AIDS were as simple as manipulating cell structure through pressure variation and nitrogen injection then someone would've already done it considering how long we've been dealing with this disease. If anything at all comes from his research, i think it'll simply be a less-intensive method for treating common ailments. A treatment procedure that doesn't involve pumping your body full of a bunch of other bad shit to get rid of the rest of the bad shit (like chemo)

this guy just sounds like that arse on TV that sold the miracle cures book. ever hear about his no-treatment, all-natural cure for cancer? nope, because it's bullshit
    Drem
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Drem wrote:this guy just sounds like that arse on TV that sold the miracle cures book. ever hear about his no-treatment, all-natural cure for cancer? nope, because it's bullshit

at best...

Or, it's a really sad ponzi scheme targeted at people who dream big and have no clue about investments.
    Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
    vonkaar
    Sexy Ass
    Sexy Ass

Postby Gaazy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:08 pm

It would be different if this was someone I didnt know, and didnt know his history first hand. *If* I could only show you his scrapbook of recommendation letters and achievements, but then again *if* a frog had wings, it wouldnt bump its ass on the ground all day. So whatever

The website IS a cheap looking fucker. He just put it up for the blog thing on there to keep people updated in the future. Hell, its only been up for like a few days now, so I wouldnt expect much anyways. I wouldnt worry about having some super website either if I were him, I would have more important stuff to worry about. Maybe if it was a publically traded company and I was trying to get as many people as i could to buy stock, yeah, I would put a lot into any advertising I could, but for his purpose, I dont see the huge benefit of it. And exactly what did you expect from it going in? Links to all the clinical trials and alllll the information he has on there? He hasnt even done a press release yet on it, theres not GOING to be much on there.

Like I said, it was to anyone that was interested, and to watch for future updates in what is going on with it, not to the guys who have no idea what is going on. And thats ok, because I dont EXPECT any of you to. You havent been presented with the same information I have, so i cant expect any of you to go for it. Like I said at the beginning, I thought this treatment would be intriguing to some of you, after the years of seeing posts from people about scientific shit and all that, and it has peaked the interest of some of you, none of which have said much on this thread, only privately.

Maybe *I* dont have a whole of investment experience outside of my IRAs and mutual funds and shit (because, ya know, ive been out earning my money, and as much as some of you post here all day, it makes me wonder if you actually do), but something tells me that the guys investing the hundreds of millions of dollars DO know something about it, and i would say more than you. Even my cousin, who is a multi hundred million dollar coal mine owner, is investing a lot in it, and hes got a full staff of investment people who have researched the information top to bottom, inside and out.

So if you think its a scam and are uninterested, fine, dont worry about it and go away. If you are, pray that nothing goes wrong and this treatment does happen soon as planned and starts saving some of the tens of millions of people's lives that HIV/AIDS is taking away.
    Gaazy
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Gaazy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:09 pm

It would be different if this was someone I didnt know, and didnt know his history first hand. *If* I could only show you his scrapbook of recommendation letters and achievements, but then again *if* a frog had wings, it wouldnt bump its ass on the ground all day. So whatever

The website IS a cheap looking fucker. He just put it up for the blog thing on there to keep people updated in the future. Hell, its only been up for like a few days now, so I wouldnt expect much anyways. I wouldnt worry about having some super website either if I were him, I would have more important stuff to worry about. Maybe if it was a publically traded company and I was trying to get as many people as i could to buy stock, yeah, I would put a lot into any advertising I could, but for his purpose, I dont see the huge benefit of it. And exactly what did you expect from it going in? Links to all the clinical trials and alllll the information he has on there? He hasnt even done a press release yet on it, theres not GOING to be much on there.

Like I said, it was to anyone that was interested, and to watch for future updates in what is going on with it, not to the guys who have no idea what is going on. And thats ok, because I dont EXPECT any of you to. You havent been presented with the same information I have, so i cant expect any of you to go for it. Like I said at the beginning, I thought this treatment would be intriguing to some of you, after the years of seeing posts from people about scientific shit and all that, and it has peaked the interest of some of you, none of which have said much on this thread, only privately.

Maybe *I* dont have a whole of investment experience outside of my IRAs and mutual funds and shit (because, ya know, ive been out earning my money, and as much as some of you post here all day, it makes me wonder if you actually do), but something tells me that the guys investing the hundreds of millions of dollars DO know something about it, and i would say more than you. Even my cousin, who is a multi hundred million dollar coal mine owner, is investing a lot in it, and hes got a full staff of investment people who have researched the information top to bottom, inside and out.

So if you think its a scam and are uninterested, fine, dont worry about it and go away. If you are, pray that nothing goes wrong and this treatment does happen soon as planned and starts saving some of the tens of millions of people's lives that HIV/AIDS is taking away.
    Gaazy
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Gaazy wrote: And exactly what did you expect from it going in? Links to all the clinical trials and alllll the information he has on there? He hasnt even done a press release yet on it, theres not GOING to be much on there.

something that didn't scream nigerian lottery scam

seriously man, the @gmail.com says that it can't possibly be serious
    Tikker
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby vonkaar » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:41 pm

awesome...

good luck with it. please be sure to post here when the 'news' breaks. :angel4:
    Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
    vonkaar
    Sexy Ass
    Sexy Ass

Postby Nusk » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:18 pm

my dad bought into one of these "guy i have known for years schemes" that cured cancer

yeah my dad died of cancer... because his friend that he knew for years cared more for money than friendship
    luckily i took legal steps before he bled my dad dry
    Nusk
    NT Froglok
    NT Froglok

Postby Naethyn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:07 pm

Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
    Naethyn
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Narrock » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Sounds like propaganda and an excuse to kill unborn fetuses.
    “The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
    Narrock
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby leah » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:51 pm

isn't stem cell research usually done on aborted babies? i mean, they don't like harvest babies or something--they use babies that were already going to be disposed of, yes?

(how morbid)
    lolz
    leah
    Preggers!
    Preggers!

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:20 pm

Yes, generally the cells are collected from fetuses that have already been aborted.

So, no, I disagree that it will be used as an excuse to abort any fetuses that would not already have been aborted to begin with. I agree that making use of them for "parts" is indeed highly morbid, but leaving aside all questions of the morality of abortion in the first place, it seems to me to be in the same vein as carving up a grown dead person for usable organs to transplant into other people. The intent is to save lives, not destroy more of them.

Please, don't let this turn into another abortion debate. We know our positions on the matter, and we are not going to reconcile. Regardless of what you think of the morality of abortions in the first place, you must see there's a large moral difference between seeking more destruction, and making use of destruction to help life. That said, I can entirely understand the moral position of being against it all in general, since the source is something they find morally objectionable, I just don't happen to be in agreement.

-Arlos
    Arlos
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:58 pm

that's what i'm saying--they're already gone, might as well make sure they do something good for humanity. /shrug same reason i'm an organ donor.
    lolz
    leah
    Preggers!
    Preggers!

Postby Tuggan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:04 pm

i think it's way past due for this thread to be derailed into a tired old NT debate topic. abortion, christopher reeve and spare fetus parts sounds like a good one. we got a pot thread going, why not abortion?
    Tuggan
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Oh, I agree with you Leah, I'm just saying I can see the position of the people that don't, since their position is based on the assumption that there shouldn't be any aborted fetuses in the first place, so there'd be nothing to take the cells from. I just don't happen to agree.

-Arlos
    Arlos
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:08 pm

I'm against abortion but I have no problems with stem cell research or use.

If you're going to be a murderer, might as well make good use of it.
    How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
    Harrison
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:19 pm

read the fucking story again

live donor

argument destroyed

--------------8< clip thread here 8<------------------
    compost the rich
    brinstar
    Cat Crew
    Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:37 pm

I didn't read the link. I was commenting on others' comments.
    Harrison
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:12 am

hooray for saying controversial stupid things just for attention.
    "I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:16 am

Or responding to the responses of others...
    Harrison
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:00 am

or responding to responses responding to the responses of others! o.O

oh, I get it, I see what you did there.. because the 8< looks like scissors. oh.
    "I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
    Gypsiyee
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby leah » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:51 am

Gypsiyee wrote:

oh, I get it, I see what you did there.. because the 8< looks like scissors. oh.

dunno why, but this made me giggle aloud
    lolz
    leah
    Preggers!
    Preggers!

Postby Evermore » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 am

Arlos wrote:Yes, generally the cells are collected from fetuses that have already been aborted.

So, no, I disagree that it will be used as an excuse to abort any fetuses that would not already have been aborted to begin with. I agree that making use of them for "parts" is indeed highly morbid, but leaving aside all questions of the morality of abortion in the first place, it seems to me to be in the same vein as carving up a grown dead person for usable organs to transplant into other people. The intent is to save lives, not destroy more of them.

Please, don't let this turn into another abortion debate. We know our positions on the matter, and we are not going to reconcile. Regardless of what you think of the morality of abortions in the first place, you must see there's a large moral difference between seeking more destruction, and making use of destruction to help life. That said, I can entirely understand the moral position of being against it all in general, since the source is something they find morally objectionable, I just don't happen to be in agreement.

-Arlos

Arlos not all stem cells come from aborted fetuses now days. btw I am in agreement with you on this.

http://www.coriell.org/index.php/content/view/57/107/

Our hospital is affiliated with these guys. we basically consider them one of our research facilities. Please note the stems cells they get are from umbilical cords. check it out.
    For you
    Evermore
    NT Deity
    NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:08 pm

Gaazy, are you rich yet? What happened with this?
    Tossica
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby vonkaar » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:38 pm

vonkaar
    Sexy Ass
    Sexy Ass

PreviousNext

Return to Cap's Alehouse