Postby Tossica » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:38 am

10sun wrote:anal?

Pretty much.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Life updates

Postby Jay » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:17 am

Forgot to mention in my first post that I also own a small food enterprise of sorts that consists of pastry and hot dog carts and coffee trucks and a few vending machines. The vending machines I just sold recently and overall my small business venture has been sinking a bit. The money from the vending machines plus a stimulus that came from my personal funds was used to remodel my existing locations. So far I've gotten great response to the changes, but I put myself further in the hole and probably won't break into the black again for 2 to 3 years.

Girlfriend and I broke up. Just didn't see it going anywhere and I didn't want to drag it on any further. I'm turning 28 this year and while I'm not one to seek out a relationship just to be in a relationship, I recognize the need to not waste any time on people I don't see myself having any sort of future with. Started dating again. Haven't met anyone that really sparks my interest. So far the only girl I've met recently that I really like is already with someone.

Things at IAC (Match.com/Ask.com) have been very slow and everyone is tightly wound. There's buzz around the office about possible layoffs in the near future. Spring is usually a big season for Match so I don't see it happening until then but right now everyone's on edge.

Have been focusing most of my attention on exercise, my business, and the Norcal Street Fighter 4 scene. I have a local crew in my area that plays lots of fighting games, specifically Street Fighter 4, and we've been practicing, competing in local tournaments and prepping for our Vegas trip in July for the Evolution Fighting Championship. Might sound lame and nerdy and such, but it's a really fun hobby with a big community and plenty of competitive atmosphere.

That's pretty much it with me. I guess this phase in my life is a bit of a slump, but I honestly feel good about what the future holds and am anxious to bounce back and get past all of these setbacks. Once the business is in good shape again, I'm confident it'll be better than it was before and that it's worth much more than the money I spent on it. What sucks is that I'm having to cut back on some luxuries and budget properly again, but then again I'm not very hard to entertain. I already have good electronics and a nice big TV and a nice car. All I need to do now is to replace the 0 that I lost in my bank account =\.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Mop » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Ohi.

I am working for Holland Princess Cruise Lines. I get to spend this summer in Alaska working on a train as a bartender.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Drem » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:47 pm

nice dude congrats

lately aside from normal work i represented our company at chef's night out which is a local benefit for the foodless that's 60 local restaurants and breweries showing off their stuff @ $65 a head

and last night i got to meet Conan O'brien and shake his hand and talk to him for 5 mins and Andy Richter and La Bamba because we catered the tour stop here in eugene for the tour personnel and the 40-some guests that paid something outrageous like $650 a pop for a meet and greet package and $350 for a VIP package

it was a dream come true :ohnoes:

i was surprised he was only a couple inches taller than me
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby KaiineTN » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:52 am

I've heard stories about Conan being a total dick in person, glad that didn't seem to be the case with you.
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:07 am

he had a beard and he was drinking coffee and seemed just as normal and laid back as anyone else
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:36 am

Drem wrote:i was surprised he was only a couple inches taller than me

that surprises me too, he's 6'4" like me and somehow i always imagined you at like 5'10" (no offense)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:22 am

i'm 6'4. if he's 6'4 then he had bigger shoes on or something or i shrank hehe
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 am

you're 6'4??? lol why did i always have you as being really wee in my head?? like brinstar, i kind of assumed maybe 5'10, 6' tops. funny. i think in my head you're a tiny hipster with skinny jeans and ironic glasses, lol. and yes i know we are facebook friends so i can see whether much of my assumptions are correct or wrong, but somehow that's just where my head goes. this kind of makes me giggle. :boots:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tossica » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:21 pm

WTF? Since when is 5'10", tiny?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Since always, midget-man. ;)

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Toss, you're sounding mighty Asian there.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Tossica wrote:WTF? Since when is 5'10", tiny?

since i'm 5'9, alex is 6'4, our dad is 6'2, and josh is 6'5. and almost all of my guy friends are 6'2 or above. :mystery:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby 10sun » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:25 pm

hell, I'm happy with my 6", let alone 6'.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby brinstar » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Drem wrote:i'm 6'4. if he's 6'4 then he had bigger shoes on or something or i shrank hehe

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005277/bio

a) he has tall hair
b) you probably slouch a bit like me - no one ever believes i'm 6'4" until i stand up straight ;\
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:50 pm

maybe but i disagree

a) his hair isn't done up when he's not on stage (it's shaggy and normal like anyone else's)

b) i don't slouch when i cater

c) i had oxfords on with a one inch lift

d) i haven't measured my height for maybe 5 years so i could be 6'5

DD) i had to look up a bit to make eye contact

f) take internet w/ grain of salt because i was standing face to face w/ him... with my work shoes on.... when he was in sweat pants and a t-shirt eating an afternoon snack hehe

and nope not at all, leah. i'm 6'4, a built 240lbs, and i wear normal, usually loose-fitting athletic clothes that are tailored to fit tall people well (do you ever experience the "hey the sleeves are finally long enough but i feel like i'm wearing a curtain drape" effect, alex?) or some sick locally-printed t-shirts with unique designs supporting all the local music and artists around here etc. and honestly i rock a lot of UofO gear :)

i do have glasses however but only because it was my last insurance expenditure. and no they aren't big thick black-framed hipster glasses. and i want contacts again anyway because cooking, or more particularly baking, w/ glasses blows
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby 10sun » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Cooking w/ glasses is awesome. Talk to your optometrist about getting an anti-fogging coating on them.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Tossica » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:40 pm

For the record, I'm 5'10 1/2!

My girl is almost 6' and with heels can be 6'3" easy. I've never dated someone that tall... it's a bit intimidating to be honest. The fact that she made enough money to retire 6 years ago and is built like a super model adds to overall "awe" factor. When she walks in the room, people do a double/triple take. They assume she's someone famous.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:44 pm

leah wrote:i know we are facebook friends

I'm not tall enough to be facebook friends with you guys, huh? I see how it is.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Fine fine, added you on Facebook.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Darcler » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:32 am

You're all giants! I'm 5'3. 5'4 with my good shoes on.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby leah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Tossica wrote:
leah wrote:i know we are facebook friends

I'm not tall enough to be facebook friends with you guys, huh? I see how it is.

do i need to run a search for "tossica"?? (i.e. i don't think i know your IRL name :sadface:)
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby 10sun » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:33 pm

My most recent friend. Craig.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Nusk » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:01 pm

im 5'4" and male... ha i win at being short

ok so maybe i should put life updates

years ago i posted about my father having cancer and it was pretty bad. since he didnt have any money other than the ranch, I left my job so i could take care of him full time.
After he died the ranch went to me and i went into cleaning mode. cleaning, fixing, and basically preparing the place for sale.the recession hit right after his death and there were no jobs to be found with 20% unemployment in the area. Property is for sale if anyone wants to buy a nice cattle ranch for half a million :D

Recently applied for a job and surprisingly i got it. so starting monday i'm training a team in charge of quality control for Crucial technology

hours are fairly fantastic and the pay is more than reasonable for this area
Nusk
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Well I just wrote the last miserable fricking final I'll ever have to write and I'm finally done my degree!
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Cap's Alehouse