Life updates

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Life updates

Postby 10sun » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm pregnant.
and I have AIDS.

Dylan, you might be the father and you may also want to get yourself tested.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Drem » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:14 pm

on friday i got to work oregon's truffle celebration and worked with five-michelin-star chef Jacques Ratier from La Récréation restaurant in Les Arques, France

then i broke up with my girlfriend

life is good :cool6:
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Drem wrote:on friday i got to work oregon's truffle celebration and worked with five-michelin-star chef Jacques Ratier from La Récréation restaurant in Les Arques, France

Doesn't the Michelin star rating only go up to 3?
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:39 pm

whoops excuse me you're right. i don't even think this guy won any stars. he apprenticed and trained under 1 star, 2 star, and 3 star chefs

http://www.oregontrufflefestival.com/chefs.html

and i worked with the guy below him, rocky maselli, who i've worked with on one other occasion.

we made with chef jacques:

-tastou a la truffle, black turffle shaved on country bread toasts with butter and fleur de sel
-consomme de canard, duck consomme with lobster ravioli & truffle
-coquille a la plancha, seared scallops wrapped in kataifi nest on a bed of spinach and truffle
-ballotine de volaille aux champignons et aux tuffles, sauce perigueux, chicken brest filled with truffles & wild mushrooms, with madeira-truffle sauce

and under rocky maselli:

-cauliflower & leek fondue, with a slow cooked egg & white truffle
-dungeness crab & spot prawn risotto, with white truffle
-chicken liver bon bon, with hazelnuts & black truffle
-pheasant & ham croquette, with fried black truffle

and dessert was a caramel pot de crem with a cookie spoon and solid rock candy with truffle whip cream

so, 9 course meal and shitloads of wine and stupid rich people loving it all. awesome night
Last edited by Drem on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Drem wrote:on friday i got to work oregon's truffle celebration and worked with five-michelin-star chef Jacques Ratier from La Récréation restaurant in Les Arques, France

Sorry to hear that buddy but Vietnamese girls are crazy anyways =P
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:49 pm

ya man i couldn't take it anymore. the total unwillingness to care at all about not being in vietnam started getting really old. and i can only eat so much rice + meat and soup + boiled meat which is what she wanted to eat some variation of every day. or a hot pot. or banh xeo if i was lucky. and she wanted marriage to get her green card and that was like a red flag to me kinda

food was the best part in the end, heh
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:04 pm

oh hai dylan and martrae <3 <3

drem sorry to hear about your girlie. better luck next time, i hope!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Drem wrote:ya man i couldn't take it anymore. the total unwillingness to care at all about not being in vietnam started getting really old. and i can only eat so much rice + meat and soup + boiled meat which is what she wanted to eat some variation of every day. or a hot pot. or banh xeo if i was lucky. and she wanted marriage to get her green card and that was like a red flag to me kinda

food was the best part in the end, heh

And I like that stuff too but everyday is kinda pushing it. Sometimes you wanna put that shit aside and chomp on a burger or a burrito =P In general, I find that a lot of traditionally valued Vietnamese are trying to bring Vietnam with them to the states and to me that's no way to live. I do appreciate the culture, food, work ethic and general moral principles of Vietnamese culture but at the end of the day I'm an American with a Vietnamese background and not a Vietnamese person living in America.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:21 pm

yep pretty much. they all try to bring vietnam with them. they don't give a shit about america. they beat us, anyway, right? :p

nah she was just too mentally young for me. and she had only seriously dated one other person before me. i think she was like my .... 12th. she had a weird, romanticized view about life and thought i needed to do everything for her, talk to everyone for her, hold her hand through life, blah blah. but she told me her parents never yelled at her or disciplined her for 27 years. she's like the golden child. and a total bitch because of it. and absolutely terrified of confrontation with anyone or thing.

in essence, she reminded me of myself before i started dating more and testing the waters

it was a bizarre dynamic and after a year and a half of it i called it quits. she's apparently pretty happy about it too. i just got really tired of the "well i'm from vietnam and english isn't my first language" defense everytime she pissed me off. i kinda just wanna talk to some girl that understand everything i say the first time i say it and maybe looks me in the eye and actually cares. like she isn't just pretending she's a 12yo playing farmville or shopping online and completely oblivious to the world around her

it's sad because there are qualities i'm going to miss a lot. i'll miss her face and cutesy attitude sometimes. but i definitely need a girl that pounds beers and smokes cigarettes and makes me feel insignificant so it makes me work towards something. that's just the kinda guy i am i guess. i hate being the leader and i hate "girly" girls in the sense of .... shopping malls and make-up

and i definitely won't miss that fuckin nail shop

/rant.... sorry :)
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Trielelvan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Drem wrote:... and she wanted marriage to get her green card and that was like a red flag to me kinda

You bet your ass it is lol
Also, the "coquille a la plancha, seared scallops wrapped in kataifi nest on a bed of spinach and truffle" = omg... yum.

Hi Martrae! Glad to hear homeschooling is going well.

Dylan, I hope you find something soon.
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby 10sun » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:18 pm

New roommate. +2 cats +1 medium sized dog (border collie/corgie mix).

She doesn't like me living in ambient temperatures(about 45 F), so we are turning the heat back on =(

Making some awesome chili right now; I expect a bathroom disaster for anybody else who eats it.

Drinking a PBR right now, just got home from class.

The simple stuff.

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:27 pm

PIX OF DOG PLS, it sounds awesome. i <3 corgies. well, one of mine is awesome. the other one is satan. but that doesn't have anything to do with being a corgi.

is new roommate a significant other??
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby 10sun » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Negative on SO.

My girlfriend is still living about 50 miles away and we spend a couple days a week together. Until she finds a job in Columbus it will stay that way =(.

We are looking at options for this fall and we MIGHT live together while I finish off my undergrad and then submit our grad school apps at the same time seeing if we stick together.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 pm

i see, well best of luck with that! jorsh and i did the long-distance thing for the first year of our relationship and for the most part it wasn't that bad. gets rough every once in a while, but 50 miles isn't awful. we had about 100 to deal with.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby 10sun » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:57 pm

We are about 18 months in (started dating in August of 2008); up until this past June, she had a small room rental in Columbus as well so she could spend her weekends there and we didn't have to see each other, but I moved to a larger place with great amenities and location and she gave up that rental and started staying at my place every weekend from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. Right after Thanksgiving (she had me pick her up and drive her around for a 5 day weekend...), I just blew a gasket about my budget(or lack thereof and her constant draining of it even though she has a well paying job) and went off on her and we had to take a month long break until early January. Things are slowly coming back together and we are taking a more structured approach to our relationship.

The other major problem was that she lives in a part of Ohio that really doesn't have a whole lot going on for it... the only reason why I visited her was to see her. When she comes to Columbus, she was seeing me, all of her friends are up this way, and I felt slighted whenever she would run off and hang with them even though a lot of the friends are shared whom we met individually over the past couple of years.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Tossica » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Single again!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Holy shit! I have over 11000 posts on this board! Insanity!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Trielelvan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Sorry to hear that Toss, unless she was batshit crazy, in which case I'd be happy for you.
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:17 am

leah wrote:PIX OF DOG PLS, it sounds awesome. i <3 orgies. well, one of mine is awesome

That's what I read for a second.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:54 am

Tossica wrote:Holy shit! I have over 11000 posts on this board! Insanity!

technically i believe that includes the original NT ezboard (and possibly toucher.org)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby vonkaar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:37 am

brinstar wrote:
Tossica wrote:Holy shit! I have over 11000 posts on this board! Insanity!

technically i believe that includes the original NT ezboard (and possibly toucher.org)

yes on both
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby brinstar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 am

speaking of, WTB toucher and yoshee :(
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:02 am

Trielelvan wrote:Sorry to hear that Toss, unless she was batshit crazy, in which case I'd be happy for you.

She's not crazy, we just have a difference of opinion when it comes to some key elements in a relationship.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:16 am

anal?
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby ClakarEQ » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 am

ROFL, nice one LOL