Life updates

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Life updates

Postby Jay » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:56 pm

What's everyone up to nowadays? I work a 9-5 for the parent company of ask.com and match.com. TV Mondays, play Street Fighter IV with friends on Wednesdays, pickup basketball Fridays and Saturdays and otherwise just chill most of the time. Been dating this girl for a few months and things are going well. Pretty boring life in general but I'm happy.

How is everyone else doing?
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Life updates

Postby Tikker » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:17 pm

work life is good. My tactical move to smaller town has been rewarding work wise. huge fiber optic build going on, half of which I designed 18 months ago, so it's been a pretty simple transition

my little guy is a budding hockey and soccer star, and enjoying the hell out of watching him learn how to play the games
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:58 pm

I'm interning and looking forward to finishing up my education degree come January.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Dylan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:00 pm

I am planning a move to Loveland Co. from Seattle Wa. to go to college. Been working for a retail auto parts store for the past three and a half years and they are threatening not to transfer me to any of the other stores. So may be looking at being jobless soon which scares the shit out of me.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Maeya » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:12 am

I'm 3 semesters away from graduating with a Bachelors in Nursing. That's pretty much consuming all my time right now. Ugzug/Langston and I are still happily married and living in Atlanta.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:13 am

hmmm... i'm still at the publishing company where i've been working for 3.5 years now. got a promotion 1.5 years ago (though have yet to see a raise for it) and am now working primarily on a data center-related publication called Processor. things with the boy are going well; we've been living together for about a year and a half and are ever-so-slowly beginning to talk marriage (he's a slowpoke!). we had a big-time scare at the end of september with his dad, who spent a month in ICU (he had a stroke, a heart attack, severe pneumonia, severe malnutrition, and alcoholism-related liver problems) and is now on the road to recovery in a physical rehabilitation center, where he will probably be for another month or two, at which point we'll get him some alcohol rehabilitation, too. hmm, what else. i got a new-to-me car (an '05 mazda tribute) and we got a new-to-us dog (a 5-year-old corgi who is pretty much identical to our other one, except way cooler and mellower).

that's about it, though. hi everyone!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Harrison » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:25 am

Nothing special going on in my life other than dealing with family deaths which seem to keep cropping up at the worst of times.

Mom has cancer, undergoing radiation, blah blah blah.

My life sucks but I'm making the best of it. I have mainly just been trying to keep myself out of trouble. I exercise like it's my fucking job to ensure I don't go murder people. I have maybe 2 friends left who even live within a "reasonable" drive of me.

Yup...
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby ClakarEQ » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:19 am

Been working at the same place as an IT Manager for about 10years now, it is boring at times but I still enjoy it more than dislike it and don't plan to move anytime soon. Wife is doing great, always busy with things at home and with the kids. Kids are doing well, my youngest joined the chess club and loves it, he is still playing soccer (that I enjoy coaching), my older has moved on to baseball and seems to really enjoy that. They both love skating but neither has a desire to play hockey :p (as much as I'd like them too). I'm still playing EQ re: my off time (2-3 hours or so, several times a week). As far as friends and such, I've lost nearly all of mine, I've got 1 good friend and 2-3 other folks I hang with like 2-4 times a year. I lost most of my friends to distance and my desire to focus on my family. I'm not a big fan of one way friend relationships and several of my "friends" were more of this then "real" friends.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:05 am

Big life changes. Broke up with my girlfriend of nearly 9 years in January and have been dating another girl since September. I work as a network admin for a non profit now and have for the last 1.5 years. Moved out of the suburbs to South Minneapolis. Still DJing a few times a month and waiting impatiently for my son to come visit for xmas.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:07 pm

Harrison wrote:Nothing special going on in my life other than dealing with family deaths which seem to keep cropping up at the worst of times.

Mom has cancer, undergoing radiation, blah blah blah.

My life sucks but I'm making the best of it. I have mainly just been trying to keep myself out of trouble. I exercise like it's my fucking job to ensure I don't go murder people. I have maybe 2 friends left who even live within a "reasonable" drive of me.

No go on the military there?
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:19 pm

No, the fucked up thing being told to me is that with so many units at 125% or more over-strength I am not going to get my last waiver unless that changes.

Basically, "We don't need you anymore."

The newest topping on my ever growing shit sundae.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:30 pm

I got laid off then fired for filing for unemployment. My ex tried to kill herself in my driveway and i got 2 lil beagle puppies that taking care of seems like a full time job. Lifes pretty crappy right now but just gotta keep on going and something will happen.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby leah » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:01 pm

i want to hug everyone who is feeling blue!!

also, harri, you need to get outta there. :\
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Still working at the same marketing company
Had a baby in August, she is doing awesome and sleeping from 8pm until 5am. The wife goes back to work in January so hopefully the baby will be sleeping until 6 by then.
I pretty much just watch TV and play video games during the weeknights and do family/friend stuff on the weekends.
Go out to dinner once a week, either Friday or Saturday.

Just plugging along fine.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:12 pm

just passed the 3 year mark at my current job

less than 25 days away from finally getting my bachelor's degree

might move to chicago in the spring, might stay here and start a master's - future is very very cloudy right now

well seeya :burnout:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby vonkaar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:21 pm

we had a baby =p.

she's one week old today... we had some artsy pictures taken this weekend (at 5 days old):

Image Image Image Image
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby brinstar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:07 pm

cute kid, who's the dork
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Tops of the feet aren't hairy enough, the dork isn't the father.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 am

oh my gosh, vonkaar, what an angel! what name did you go with? i can't remember if you ever told us.

ALEXIS? :brinstar:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:46 pm

Elizabeth Galloway =).

She actually has pretty furry feet ;).
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Harrison » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:59 am

Update: I'm homeless. Suicide is looking like an awesome alternative to eating this sundae. :dunno:
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:10 pm

Harri dude...I dunno what else to say cept that you need to pull yourself together man. I know I've mocked your self proclamations of brilliance but I really do think you're a smart guy. Dumber people have beaten harsher struggles. Just hang in there bro. Tenacity is your best friend at this point.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:29 pm

It seems your biggest issue is your location. A change of venue may be in order.

IM me if you want to chat.

I also think you should go talk to a different recruiter, maybe Navy and try that process again.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Lyion wrote:It seems your biggest issue is your location. A change of venue may be in order.

agree 100%

you always seem to complain about either the location, or all the people in said location

lose both and things probably get way better
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Dear Joshua Harrison

Please do not kill yourself. If you do this board will have no purpose for me because your life stories always make me feel good about myself.

Sincerely
Zanchief Incognito
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Next

Return to Cap's Alehouse