The ghetto retards and a pitbull

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: The ghetto retards and a pitbull

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Lyion wrote:As I've repeated, I personally do not want one anywhere near my kids. I get they can be great family pets, but one child's life is enough for me to want the breed outlawed, and there have been many this year and hundreds of children seriously hurt by them.

k, then we also have to outlaw:

Mastiffs - http://www.newser.com/story/119693/fami ... boy-4.html

Boxers - http://www.channel3000.com/news/24761709/detail.html

Chows/Golden Retrievers - http://www.examiner.com/pet-care-in-nat ... s-child-az

American Bulldog (you know, the bulldogs that don't attack and kill babies) - http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2011 ... r-1141795/

Should I keep going? I mean, if we're for outlawing a breed based on one death of a child, breeds are going to be slim pickins.

Oh here's a cute one, Zan -- officials didn't say what breed the dog was, and unbiased media makes the statement that "Officials have not said whether the dog was a mix or a pure-bred pit bull." So we don't know what breed the dog is, but let's just say it's either a mixed breed or a pit! No, naming a breed in the article before a breed is determined isn't biased at all. http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?secti ... id=7212269
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Spazz wrote:Gyps your going about this argument all wrong. Large breeds do bite people this is true. Look at how few people though. Thats where the bs is in lyion and chiefs argument.

Small breeds bite people too. My dad's pomeranian is a little nippy shithead.

Their argument isn't with the size of the breed biting, their argument is with pits specifically. I could actually understand their point if it was to argue that all large dogs should be outlawed because their bites can do more damage. I'd still disagree, but it'd have more merit being as it's common sense that bigger dogs have bigger mouths that have bigger bites which cause bigger damage.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Lyion wrote:Imagine if your crazy dog was built like this, Leah, instead of like an oompa loompa:

[stuff]

Hey, how would your Corgi do against a horse?

well obviously he couldn't go against a horse, shut up. and i'm not really trying to come down on either side of this argument (although i don't think i can ever agree with eradicating a species completely), either. i'm just saying that some small dogs can be really nasty, too, and that it's not all big dogs. josh lost half a fingernail to our little psychopath, and i imagine that if chester was so inclined, he could bite off a kid's finger quite handily. (ha, handily. sorry, that's not funny.) he also bit a 2-year-old's neck once.

ANYWAY. small dogs can be awful, too, it's just that--like toss said--they're easier to punt if you're in danger. unless you're a 2-year-old.

on a semi-related note, i have some residual PTSD-like reactions to things post-chester. like the other day, i was working on brushing the dogs' teeth, and i pulled up bo's lips (bo is the yellow lab) to get to his gums and it made him look like he was snarling at me and i actually gasped and jumped away, even though *i* was the one who was lifting his lips up. ;\ vicious dogs are traumatizing, no matter what size.

ANYWAY. i'm going to back out of this debate now because i don't know what the right answer is and i don't want to get yelled at.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tikker » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:04 pm

I saw a swan kill a corgi a couple summers ago

true story
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Swans are vicious creatures no joke.

Why did you not go play captain hero and field goal kick the shit of the swan?
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby leah » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Omg that makes me really sad.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Spazz » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:30 am

If ida been there I woulda fucked that swan up with whatever combination of weapons i happened to be carrying on me at the time.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Lyion » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:46 am

I'm not sure about swans, but our goose used to chase our German Shepherd around when I was a kid in Cali. It was probably the meanest animal I've ever seen.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Lyion wrote:I'm not sure about swans, but our goose used to chase our German Shepherd around when I was a kid in Cali. It was probably the meanest animal I've ever seen.

oh I was just gonna say the same thing! I don't think I've ever even seen a swan, but I know my ex's mom was tore up after being attacked by a gaggle of geese.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:
Lyion wrote:I'm not sure about swans, but our goose used to chase our German Shepherd around when I was a kid in Cali. It was probably the meanest animal I've ever seen.

oh I was just gonna say the same thing! I don't think I've ever even seen a swan, but I know my ex's mom was tore up after being attacked by a gaggle of geese.

geese suck, man. when i was in high school, we lived across the street from a pond/mini-lake that was home to a few dozen ducks and a handful of geese. the geese were all female, and one year, they made a nest and laid (UNFERTILIZED) eggs in our yard... and for that month or two that their dumb asses were parked on those eggs that were never going to hatch they were complete assholes to anyone who came within 5 feet of the nest, including unsuspecting pizza delivery people and even the occupants of the house. my mom and i started leaving the front yard garden hose turned on with one of those nozzles attached and hooking it to the porch so when we came out the front door, we could spray those fuckers in the face to make them leave us alone. jerks. (though i also still feel sad for them for working so hard to protect eggs that would turn into nothing. poor dumb things.)

also awful: the mating habits of waterfowl. :ugh:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Spazz » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:08 pm

DUCK RAPE !!!
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby 10sun » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:00 pm

They should outlaw sharks and bears.

Otherwise they could mate and have babies.

10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Previous

Return to Cap's Alehouse