Wait... what

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Wait... what

Postby Ganzo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:37 pm

So my wife decided that she wants a Bachelor and started taking the online classes. In her EComp class, they had to write a paper on first impressions, and submit it to the class for peer review. Following is a submission from one of the students, that my wife showed me, and I just had to share with you guys:

It's all ways a different in meeting someone face to face you never have a view of this person, and you first impressing is always the one you show your best you can only go off of personalty and Ideas of what they may be like face to face, leaving you with a blank of how they looks, but it is always a tack to be complete, with these by listen, talk, communicating, and understand the person by always of not see them face to face, yes I do think you can get to know someone without seeing them or know them with face to face views of each other, You can understand them by there voice how there carry them self and what they might be like in a face to face predicament and next your face to face, You can and will have a better view of get to know someone with face to face by body movement face expression and understanding about what they are doing with them self, It is different for me I have never ever, Don't know If I am right or wrong.

:eyecrazy:
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Re: Wait... what

Postby Tikker » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:21 pm

yay for edumacation
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Griever » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:26 am

My favorite part was the period at the end.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:33 am

that was awful. just awful.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:45 am

Should've seen my online Moral and Political Philosophy class. Just atrocious.

Then in my capstone class, I had a girl copy my posts verbatim, sprinkling in bad grammar and nonsensical sentences along the way to personalize it. She even left the HTML brackets in the post that didn't translate to plain text, ffs. The worst part? It was an opinion discussion about workplace etiquette.. it wasn't even an assignment you had to put any thought into.

Here's another couple gems from that class:

I agree with making your resume standout as much as possible without been unprofessional, I would use the different color paper and different font but i also would probable use a light scented paper like legally blonde did.

I think that cell phone should not be in the work place or in class because it break people concentration especially nowadays with those crazy ring tones. however if it's on vibrate this way you won't brother your fellow workers and if it's important excuse yourself go to another secure area room, and take of your business on your phone.

Yes I have observed this behavior? It effected me by breaking my grove of learning when a certain professor kept getting these phone calls while teaching the class it was from his wife which he should have told her he was busy earning his keep, can he call her later, like after the class. this made me feel like i needed a discount or my money back from this class.

I believe Mrs. Davis covered everything from computer email to phones but also I don't think she mentioned it but you can set up your computer email to let people know your out of the office and when will you return and who to get a hold of for important matters so they wont ask you why didn't return there emails.

Becoming a good follower I believe you have to crawl before you walk unless your just superb that way, but going into a new situation or job you never want to step on any ones toes you never know when you might need that persons help. so i believe learning every position of your job from the bottom up is a good thing beside making you more knowledgeable, also give you a ideal of what other people are going through, so starting out at the mail room can keep you humble and appreciative that you can take on task from any level/position and follow without been uppity or thinking your to good for such small jobs a great leader arises from being a great follower first.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:23 am

Wow! They speak Engrish gooder!

*sigh* Can no one write even BASIC English any more? I have just about given up expecting people to remember the proper usage of their vs there, or more common, your vs you're. Ugh. Even in my grad school classes, I end up being the person on the team who has to take all of the other people's contributions and actually turn them into something resembling proper English, because I'm just better at it than they are. Still, even the stuff I get from people for whom English is not their native language is vastly better than those examples above. I weep for the future of written discourse....

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:48 pm

seriously all of this is making my heart hurt. this country is going to hell in a handbasket.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Zanchief » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:12 pm

I blame twitter and facebook.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Arlos wrote:Wow! They speak Engrish gooder!

*sigh* Can no one write even BASIC English any more? I have just about given up expecting people to remember the proper usage of their vs there, or more common, your vs you're. Ugh. Even in my grad school classes, I end up being the person on the team who has to take all of the other people's contributions and actually turn them into something resembling proper English, because I'm just better at it than they are. Still, even the stuff I get from people for whom English is not their native language is vastly better than those examples above. I weep for the future of written discourse....

-Arlos

Heh, I have two students from the Phillipines who are better spellers than 90% of my other students. There is almost no focus on proper grammar in schools here.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:09 am

i quit reading the local newspaper because i'd find half a dozen typos/mistakes every day, and it would make me SO MAD because for fuck's sake why even HAVE an editor

ultimately this is why i'm starting a teaching cert program this fall, to be followed shortly by a m.ed. - so i can teach high schoolers that if you write like the above samples, any HR director with half a brain will wipe his/her ass with your resume

i'll probably end up getting fired or something though, you'll see a headline on fark like "[sad] HS english teacher fired for telling kids they write like idiots"
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Kramer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:55 pm

You can understand them by there voice how there carry them self and what they might be like in a face to face predicament and next your face to face

what the fucking fuck
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Return to Cap's Alehouse