serious question.

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: serious question.

Postby 10sun » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:58 am

leah wrote:meh, we'll see. i did a lot of research going in, and talked extensively with my lady doctor before making a commitment. mirena came highly recommended from many friends (one of whom is a labor & delivery nurse with many friends in the gynecological field, and they all recommended it)--i think for every scary horror story, there is another complete success story. every person's body is different and will react differently, you know? at any rate, if things start to go wonky, i can always have it taken out. no worries.

Just be aware that it can possibly fuck with your mental health & physical health. If something starts to change and doesn't adjust within a few days, call your doctor asap.

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:02 am

yep, no worries. i am generally very in tune with my body and can tell when something's wonky. :boots:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Only on NT can we go from a topic about a bug bite, to Malaysia, to leah's vagina.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:14 pm

She brought it up none of us sickos was like hey yo hows your snatch this fine summer morn.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby 10sun » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Uterus.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:35 pm

ya, uterus! get it straight.

anyway whatever. i like random NT topic-hopping. it's fun. :cool6:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:10 am

I went to get an IUD like 6 years ago or something, and the pain was so excruciating I couldn't get it.. something with tilted inner lady parts or something. not pleasant at all.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Spazz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:47 am

MAn why the hell would you get this thing . I hear the pill and shot are pretty effective and you dont have to get some painful thing rammed on your vage.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:05 pm

well, at the time I was unemployed with no insurance and birth control can be pricey. Due to my situation, I was getting bc from Planned Parenthood (omg, abortionist evil organization!), which was about 30 minutes drive for me at the time and being as I was unemployed and there was a minor co-pay, I figured I'd ask what my options were for an IUD--they offered it to me for free.

It's a birth control that lasts for 5 years that you never have to think about. I'm ADD as hell and terrible at routine and remembering to take pills, especially at the same time each day. Every time you miss a pill, you screw with the effectiveness of your BC. It was free, it was long term, it was effective... so why not. Of course, I had no idea that it was going to feel like someone was digging out my insides with a pumpkin scoop while simultaneously punching me in the uterus.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:35 pm

ya it hurts like a bastard but as long as you can get past insertion, it's a great form of contraception, ESPECIALLY for folks like myself (and gyps, it seems) who are really bad at remembering to take pills and whose insurance isn't sufficient for a monthly solution like the pill.

my insurance doesn't cover anything ladypart-related except for prenatal stuff (very, very conservative catholic-owned company), and my lady doctor put me on the Yaz pill to help with PMDD, so i was forking over $70 per month for birth control, and i had trouble remembering to take it to boot. so, at my last yearly in june, i talked with my doctor about my options and she strongly recommended an implant of some sort--either mirena (which is intrauterine and lasts for five years) or implanon (which is a little matchstick-sized bar that they put in your arm that lasts for three years). initially i decided to go with implanon, but then i saw a video on youtube of someone having one put in their arm and i freaked out and decided i would rather have an IUD.

IUDs aren't really a popular option for the childless set because it's terribly painful to insert one into a uterus that's never been occupied (meaning it's never been stretched at all), so that's why my doc said i might be happier with implanon. luckily my uterus is pretty standard (no tilting or anything, hehe) so really it was just 60 seconds of intense pain (which is apparently equal to a contraction? so that's neat i guess) and then a couple of days of cramping and then i won't have to think about it until 2016.

...provided it doesn't turn me all wonky, at least. i know there are unpleasant side effects for some, but i've been on one kind of hormone therapy or another for years and years, so i'm not too concerned. i guess we shall see though!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Previous

Return to Cap's Alehouse