I dont have air and its hot.

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

I dont have air and its hot.

Postby Spazz » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Thats all just wanted to voice my complaints .
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Re: I dont have air and its hot.

Postby Arlos » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:05 pm

If you don't have air, how are you breathing? And how did you turn your apartment into a vacuum?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:13 pm

yup hot as fuck here too. i had a softball game friday night and at gametime it was still 97 and humid like a sauna

just got home from another and it was 99 and just as humid, one of our players almost passed out
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:22 pm

If you don't have air, how are you breathing? And how did you turn your apartment into a vacuum?

-Arlos

Ok funny man I meant air conditioning and I live in a house.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Tuggan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:07 pm

why don't you just move?
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Lets see... In San Jose today, it was 76 degrees with 49% humidity.

Out here on the coast, it was 66, with 60%. I spent a nice couple hours sitting outside on the lawn reading a book, listening to the ocean a few hundred yards off. :) Boy, was it rough... rofl.

Ahhhh, the benefits of being in California instead of the godsforsaken midwest... ;) I did my 2.5 years in the festering hellpit that is Kansas. Never again. Also did several years in Phoenix, with weeks at a time over 110. Also never again....

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:45 am

heat index here is supposed to be as high as 118 today. :( same thing tomorrow, when i will be playing outdoor sand volleyball. BLEH.

i love nebraska falls, winters, and springs, but OMG the summer is ridiculous.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Menelvir » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:52 pm

I'll see your unreasonably high heat and raise you one drought.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Hatak » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:15 pm

We're feeling that drought up here too. I don't think the high has been below 100 in the last month or more. My front yard used to have a lawn. Now it's just dirt. Is it the Dust Bowl again or something?
Hatak
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Arlos » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:44 pm

You guys are just imagining things. Climate change is a liberal myth, remember?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 am

Thats right its only dry and hot cuz its gods will .
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Drem » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:20 pm

it's raining nonstop here. bullshit. tomatoes aren't even growing, only my herbs are doin ok. this isn't even summer. we've had like four days of sunshine w/o rain
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:02 am

i just sweat off about 5lbs moving my ass around to a 311 concert in a baseball stadium in downtown omaha

i haven't really followed their last couple of albums but goddamn they are masterful performers to this day
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:22 am

Drem wrote:it's raining nonstop here. bullshit. tomatoes aren't even growing, only my herbs are doin ok. this isn't even summer. we've had like four days of sunshine w/o rain

ummmmm i need to move to the pacific northwest ASAP.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... er19m.html

someday i'll find a way to move either there or to the high country of colorado and i'll never look back! mwahahaha.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Spazz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:25 pm

I think you should move to metro detroit instead .... Your gonna love here :) Its humid there are no jobs and its crime infested. The sceneic beauty of condemned buildings and over grown grass, Bums and hoods on the corners and cops with chips on they shoulders everywhere you go.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Arlos » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:59 pm

leah wrote:
Drem wrote:it's raining nonstop here. bullshit. tomatoes aren't even growing, only my herbs are doin ok. this isn't even summer. we've had like four days of sunshine w/o rain

ummmmm i need to move to the pacific northwest ASAP.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... er19m.html

someday i'll find a way to move either there or to the high country of colorado and i'll never look back! mwahahaha.

As I posted before, it's been about 65 here on the coast, and in the areas around the bay, it's not been really above the low 80s. In the warm spots, the humidity only hits like 40-50%, so no gross sticky feeling.

The point is, the San Francisco area would fit your bill for weather just fine. *laugh* Plus, we get less rain than Seattle, and it never snows. ;) If you want snow, you drive 3-4 hours to Lake Tahoe and go skiing. No need to worry about driving on ice, salted roads, none of that crap. Temps above 95 are really rare too, unless you're in the east bay inland valleys. In SF itself, since you've got water on 3 sides, getting to the mid-80s is like a once or twice a year thing, and temps are generally high-60s low-70s. We NEVER get rain in summer, only winter, though we do get fog on occasion. The ocean is like 58-60F, so acts like a giant air conditioner and heat sink for anywhere near the coast.

I completely got my fill of insanely hot but dry when I lived in Phoenix. I also got my fill of not quite as insanely hot, but humid as fucking hell when I lived in Wichita. No thank you. rofl. Never again, unless I move to Hawaii, say. I think I could put up with some heat and humidity better in Hawaii than I could in fucking Kansas. ;)

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:46 pm

yeah dude i've said it before but i'll say it again

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck kansas

it's like all of the bad things about nebraska and none of the good (shut up, we have good things here too)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:24 pm

How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:45 pm

i believe i said shut up
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:49 am

ha, nice Harrison.

and yeah, believe it or not, nebraska >>>> kansas.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Arlos » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:09 pm

How, exactly?

Both states flat as pancakes? Check.

Both states covered by agricultural fields? Check. (I don't consider the difference between wheat and corn to be significant.)

Both states entirely too conservative in general? Check. (Though I will admit that Kansas is worse, potentially MUCH worse. Still, it's like being asked if you wish to be boiled in oil at 300 degrees or 600 degrees. One may be worse, but neither is exactly a picnic...)

Both states get entirely too hot & humid in summer and freezing cold in winter? Check.

Both states get big twirling vortexes of doom that drop from the skies and do much worse things than carry people off to Oz? Check.

Seems pretty much the same to me.... ;)

Naw, the Midwest is not for me. Not now, not ever. About the only places I would even consider might be Madison and Chicago, and even those're unlikely. If I'm gonna put up with freezing winters and hot & humid summers, I'm going to live someplace far more interesting, like Boston or NYC.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:02 pm

I got a window thingy in my room now i feel a lot better. I want to live in a with state medical buds and conceal and carry is there a place for me out there somewhere ? Ive had about enough of michigan and i know cali isnt for me.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Alaska, my dream home.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 pm

re: NE vs KS

yeah it's too humid here, no defense for that. it's tragic that once you get north and/or west of oh, say, Kearney (roughly halfway across) the humidity actually decreases noticably (the Sandhills are pretty arid country), but there's literally nothing interesting about that part of the state from a social perspective. as for temps, variety is the spice of life. in fact, let me refer to an old Bill Hicks routine: 72 degrees and sunny every day of the year? only LIZARDS like that kind of weather!

politically speaking, most of NE is too conservative, that's also true - but there are healthy pockets of sensible progressives in Lincoln and Omaha. take the last presidential election for example - Omaha actually went blue for once, and thanks to our mostly-unique state constitution, Obama got one electoral vote from us, making NE the only purple state in the union. he was within striking distance of grabbing Lincoln as well, and if he'd won two of three district electoral votes he would've taken the two at-large votes as a bonus, leaving only one (the rest of the state, pretty much) for McCain. I still think if he'd opened a campaign office here he could've pulled it off, but there's no way to be sure. compare that to KS, which is about as red as red gets. (fun fact: if the civil war had lasted longer, the North vs South line would've been drawn further west, and NE would've fought KS!)

as long as you stick to major metropola it mostly comes out as a wash. college sports are comparable, musical stops are fairly even (primarily Lawrence vs Omaha on that one), etc

aside from all that there's just something that creeps me out about KS. i don't know what it is exactly, but i feel it as soon as i cross the border - it's like the horizon is just a few degrees off or something. difficult to explain.

re: spazz

CO has medical herb now, though i know nothing about their CCW laws. Fort Collins is a damn nice town, i'd be happy living there. Boulder is nice but a bit too hippie even for me. or you could go up into higher country. nice state all around.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:32 pm

brinstar wrote:re: NE vs KS

yeah it's too humid here, no defense for that. it's tragic that once you get north and/or west of oh, say, Kearney (roughly halfway across) the humidity actually decreases noticably (the Sandhills are pretty arid country), but there's literally nothing interesting about that part of the state from a social perspective. as for temps, variety is the spice of life. in fact, let me refer to an old Bill Hicks routine: 72 degrees and sunny every day of the year? only LIZARDS like that kind of weather!

politically speaking, most of NE is too conservative, that's also true - but there are healthy pockets of sensible progressives in Lincoln and Omaha. take the last presidential election for example - Omaha actually went blue for once, and thanks to our mostly-unique state constitution, Obama got one electoral vote from us, making NE the only purple state in the union. he was within striking distance of grabbing Lincoln as well, and if he'd won two of three district electoral votes he would've taken the two at-large votes as a bonus, leaving only one (the rest of the state, pretty much) for McCain. I still think if he'd opened a campaign office here he could've pulled it off, but there's no way to be sure. compare that to KS, which is about as red as red gets. (fun fact: if the civil war had lasted longer, the North vs South line would've been drawn further west, and NE would've fought KS!)

as long as you stick to major metropola it mostly comes out as a wash. college sports are comparable, musical stops are fairly even (primarily Lawrence vs Omaha on that one), etc

aside from all that there's just something that creeps me out about KS. i don't know what it is exactly, but i feel it as soon as i cross the border - it's like the horizon is just a few degrees off or something. difficult to explain.

re: spazz

CO has medical herb now, though i know nothing about their CCW laws. Fort Collins is a damn nice town, i'd be happy living there. Boulder is nice but a bit too hippie even for me. or you could go up into higher country. nice state all around.

i second all of this and would add to the point about KS being "off" by saying also that that is where fred phelps and his crazy weirdos are from. KS is just a little too red, maybe? i dunno. just not a fan at all.

also i would love love love LOVE to live in colorado someday. move there if you can, spazz!! it's amazing.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Next

Return to Cap's Alehouse