Internet Board Troll, defined

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Internet Board Troll, defined

Postby Arlos » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:32 pm

Narrock wrote:It's not about changing we in the Christian community... it's about preserving and defending the holy and sacred rite of marriage, under any circumstances and in any place in America. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of having to defend the issue... I really wish it would just go away forever. But, as long as the gays keep pushing the issue and bringing it up every year (just to be pains in the asses, no pun intended) we will be right there defending again, and will defend it over and over again until it's pounded in their head that we won't cave in. This could all so easily just go away...

See, that's just it, though. You're defending something no one is attacking.

The "holy and sacred rite of marriage" you're referring to is a RELIGIOUS rite, is it not? It's one of the Sacraments of the Christian faith. The thing is, though, no one is calling for your religion to change that rite and sacrament in any way, shape or form. Your holy and sacred rite of marriage is, and always WILL be a man and a woman. Period. End of story. That's not being taken away from you. No one is demanding the Christian community change 1 thing about its holy and sacred rites and practices.

What is changing is the CIVIL definition of the word. You don't consider 2 people getting married at a drive-through Elvis themed wedding location in Vegas to be undergoing a "holy rite" do you? I certainly don't. Nor do I consider 2 people getting married in front of a judge in a civil ceremony to be anything resembling a holy rite. Since there's no religion involved in those ceremonies, how COULD they be in any way holy? The only reason those 2 types of marriages intersect is because a marriage performed within a church that IS a holy rite has to let the secular authorities know about it, so they can file the paperwork to note you are also hitched as far as they are concerned. But they're not the same thing, now are they?

So, I really am at a loss to understand how the change to a purely secular institution, in now allowing co-signers to be of the same sex, in any way impinges upon the holy and sacred rite performed by your church?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:39 pm

lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Narrock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:52 pm

Arlos wrote:
Narrock wrote:It's not about changing we in the Christian community... it's about preserving and defending the holy and sacred rite of marriage, under any circumstances and in any place in America. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of having to defend the issue... I really wish it would just go away forever. But, as long as the gays keep pushing the issue and bringing it up every year (just to be pains in the asses, no pun intended) we will be right there defending again, and will defend it over and over again until it's pounded in their head that we won't cave in. This could all so easily just go away...

See, that's just it, though. You're defending something no one is attacking.

The "holy and sacred rite of marriage" you're referring to is a RELIGIOUS rite, is it not? It's one of the Sacraments of the Christian faith. The thing is, though, no one is calling for your religion to change that rite and sacrament in any way, shape or form. Your holy and sacred rite of marriage is, and always WILL be a man and a woman. Period. End of story. That's not being taken away from you. No one is demanding the Christian community change 1 thing about its holy and sacred rites and practices.

What is changing is the CIVIL definition of the word. You don't consider 2 people getting married at a drive-through Elvis themed wedding location in Vegas to be undergoing a "holy rite" do you? I certainly don't. Nor do I consider 2 people getting married in front of a judge in a civil ceremony to be anything resembling a holy rite. Since there's no religion involved in those ceremonies, how COULD they be in any way holy? The only reason those 2 types of marriages intersect is because a marriage performed within a church that IS a holy rite has to let the secular authorities know about it, so they can file the paperwork to note you are also hitched as far as they are concerned. But they're not the same thing, now are they?

So, I really am at a loss to understand how the change to a purely secular institution, in now allowing co-signers to be of the same sex, in any way impinges upon the holy and sacred rite performed by your church?

-Arlos

I'm running out of steam lol
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:53 pm

leah wrote:speaking of gay marriage... http://journalstar.com/news/local/artic ... z1ShXh6BTo

wheee~

:rolleyes:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:07 pm

except the comments on that article are making me want to barf. good grief.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Narrock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:14 pm

"As I have said before: the majority of heterosexual people do not want to see, hear, read, or otherwise be aware of homosexual activity, preferences, parades, or whatever. Keep your sexuality to yourself!!"

Amen.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:00 pm

mission accomplished" in your eyes was because I said she had a good point about atheists?? Really? lol

no, mission accomplished because my six word question, which i could care less about your answer, turned into...well, what it turned into.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:
mission accomplished" in your eyes was because I said she had a good point about atheists?? Really? lol

no, mission accomplished because my six word question, which i could care less about your answer, turned into...well, what it turned into.

ok troll
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:48 pm

And here comes the schtick
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:54 am

Wanda Sykes wrote:It's very simple. If you don't believe in same sex marriage, then don't marry anybody of the same sex.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Trielelvan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:03 am

Note: Marriage has been around a LOT longer than Christianity.

Fuck what the bible has to say about it.
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Drem » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Jay wrote:
Wanda Sykes wrote:It's very simple. If you don't believe in same sex marriage, then don't marry anybody of the same sex.
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Trielelvan wrote:Note: Marriage has been around a LOT longer than Christianity.

Fuck what the bible has to say about it.

Fuck what the bible says in general.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:06 pm

if homosexuality is an abomination, why do straight couples keep making gay babies?

get over it, quit using religion as a disguise for bigotry
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Previous

Return to Cap's Alehouse