Nissan Leaf

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Nissan Leaf

Postby Narrock » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:16 am

So I had the opportunity to see one of these up close. Very cool. Around here they are about 36k, but with government environmental wacko incentive rebates, it comes to about 24k. I'm in the market for a high mileage commuter car. I VERY briefly thought about the Prius, but it has too much stigma attached to it, but if I got one, I'd save 10 k. However, the Nissan Leaf is 100% electric. The thought of never having to go to a gas station again is pretty appealing. Decisions, decisions... http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric- ... -car/index
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Nissan Leaf

Postby Tossica » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:23 am

Narrock wrote:So I had the opportunity to see one of these up close. Very cool. Around here they are about 36k, but with government environmental wacko incentive rebates, it comes to about 24k. I'm in the market for a high mileage commuter car. I VERY briefly thought about the Prius, but it has too much stigma attached to it, but if I got one, I'd save 10 k. However, the Nissan Leaf is 100% electric. The thought of never having to go to a gas station again is pretty appealing. Decisions, decisions... http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric- ... -car/index

Buy something with a Hemi like a real American, you fuckin' commie.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:26 am

The leaf is probably the worst car name I have ever heard.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:45 am

Tossica wrote:
Narrock wrote:So I had the opportunity to see one of these up close. Very cool. Around here they are about 36k, but with government environmental wacko incentive rebates, it comes to about 24k. I'm in the market for a high mileage commuter car. I VERY briefly thought about the Prius, but it has too much stigma attached to it, but if I got one, I'd save 10 k. However, the Nissan Leaf is 100% electric. The thought of never having to go to a gas station again is pretty appealing. Decisions, decisions... http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric- ... -car/index

Buy something with a Hemi like a real American, you fuckin' commie.

I'm talking about a COMMUTER car. I'd love to get a truck for the weekends, but it wouldn't be a piece of shit Dodge, I'd get a F-250 Diesel 4x4.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:48 am

Zanchief wrote:The leaf is probably the worst car name I have ever heard.

I hate the name too... invokes thoughts of green-energy-look-at-me-I'm-saving-the-planet bullshit.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:23 am

What stigma attached to the Prius?

By the way, one advantage to the Leaf here in California: As an all-electric vehicle, it qualifies for one of those Carpool lane stickers, so you can drive it in the carpool lanes at rush hour with no one else in the car.

If I were looking at an all-electric car, I would give serious consideration to the Tesla model S that's coming out in a year or less. http://www.teslamotors.com/models
Looks good, up to a 300 mile range.... Certainly more expensive than the Leaf, but like it, you're gonna save a ton in operating costs by never going to the gas station again.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:24 am

I love Nissan's and if it was more practical for me to have a little car, I'd think about getting one. I can't imagine I'll ever buy a new car again though unless I can pay cash for it.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:32 am

Arlos wrote:What stigma attached to the Prius?

By the way, one advantage to the Leaf here in California: As an all-electric vehicle, it qualifies for one of those Carpool lane stickers, so you can drive it in the carpool lanes at rush hour with no one else in the car.

If I were looking at an all-electric car, I would give serious consideration to the Tesla model S that's coming out in a year or less. http://www.teslamotors.com/models
Looks good, up to a 300 mile range.... Certainly more expensive than the Leaf, but like it, you're gonna save a ton in operating costs by never going to the gas station again.

-Arlos

Around here, Prius owners have a reputation of "I'm a better human being than you" and "I'm saving the planet" and other such fucktardish attitudes. Tesla... Badass, but way out of my budget. The 300 mile range between charges is very cool... eliminates "range anxiety." lol
Last edited by Narrock on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:35 am

Tossica wrote:I love Nissan's and if it was more practical for me to have a little car, I'd think about getting one. I can't imagine I'll ever buy a new car again though unless I can pay cash for it.

I love the Murano, but my wife wanted an suv with a more rugged off-roadish look, so we got an Xterra a couple years ago. We love it.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Narrock wrote:
Tossica wrote:I love Nissan's and if it was more practical for me to have a little car, I'd think about getting one. I can't imagine I'll ever buy a new car again though unless I can pay cash for it.

I love the Murano, but my wife wanted an suv with a more rugged off-roadish look, so we got an Xterra a couple years ago. We love it.

I've had my Murano for 6yrs now. Best fuckin' car ever. I can fit my entire DJ rig in the back.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:08 pm

I remember when you got it lol
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Narrock wrote:
Arlos wrote:What stigma attached to the Prius?

-Arlos

Around here, Prius owners have a reputation of "I'm a better human being than you" and "I'm saving the planet" and other such fucktardish attitudes. Tesla... Badass, but way out of my budget. The 300 mile range between charges is very cool... eliminates "range anxiety." lol

We call them Toyota Pious'.
No smog emissions, but plenty of smug.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Narrock » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Haha
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron