Keep Your Breath Fresh While Collecting Zodiac Gems

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Keep Your Breath Fresh While Collecting Zodiac Gems

Postby Jay » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:32 pm

The pic made me chuckle a bit and churned up some fun old memories so I thought I'd share.
Attachments
431531_356873644357521_100001046666458_1118470_150928640_n.jpg
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Keep Your Breath Fresh While Collecting Zodiac Gems

Postby Drem » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:58 am

i loled. that game had weird pacing. the velius fight that it made you save right before that you had no idea was coming was fucked up. one of the hardest spots in a video game i ever got myself stuck in. never saw it coming. wasn't prepared at all. took me three days irl or something and a lot of class changing/tweaking to get thru. then when you got that dude w/ excalibur the game was stupid easy
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:22 am

Drem wrote:i loled. that game had weird pacing. the velius fight that it made you save right before that you had no idea was coming was fucked up. one of the hardest spots in a video game i ever got myself stuck in. never saw it coming. wasn't prepared at all. took me three days irl or something and a lot of class changing/tweaking to get thru. then when you got that dude w/ excalibur the game was stupid easy

actually there were a few situations like that, IIRC

plus even the rando battles scaled with your level, so if your shit was in bad shape it's not like you could go slumming around killing rabites to build up class skill or whatever - if i changed too many characters' classes at once, even the rando battles became difficult ><

felt pretty good to finally beat that fuckin game though
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:57 pm

i think the fights are random. i remember plenty of instances where the fights would be easy peasy and then all of a sudden you're fighting 10 monks and 4 casters and it's totally fucked and then game over. i'm sure they're scaled to some degree but every now and then they'd toss you some bullshit. like 10 of those meteor dropping chocobos. that game was not for the meek

did anybody ever beat the deep dungeon? how about those pitch-black levels where you had to walk each square one turn at a time to find the exit to the next lvl ? hahahahah.... what a classic
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Amazing game minus the difficulty scaling. Yeah I was all, YEAH I KILLED WIEGRAF then Velious ass rapes me lol.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Griever » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:59 am

Drem wrote:i loled. that game had weird pacing. the velius fight that it made you save right before that you had no idea was coming was fucked up. one of the hardest spots in a video game i ever got myself stuck in. never saw it coming. wasn't prepared at all. took me three days irl or something and a lot of class changing/tweaking to get thru. then when you got that dude w/ excalibur the game was stupid easy

I had the exact same problem. I had to put on speed boots to make sure I got to attack first and even then if I didn't one-shot the first demon I knew I would die so I'd reset immediately. Probably took me 40-50 attempts.

The game had a great story and was really fun but you had to do so much grinding. I remember I'd go into a non-story fight and kill all but one mob, surround it on 4 sides and do non-damaging abilities to just to accumulate jp. I'd do this for hours. Also annoying is getting sword break done to you and losing excalibur. Instant reset.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:41 pm

I so wish this game had multiplayer. I remember all the debates I had with my friends on who would kill who with what comp.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Griever » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:57 pm

I think the PSP remake had multiplayer. Your squad vs their's.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:47 am

Griever wrote:I remember I'd go into a non-story fight and kill all but one mob, surround it on 4 sides and do non-damaging abilities to just to accumulate jp. I'd do this for hours

this

good lord

and i ended up taking velius in my particular case by being a lancer. was able to miss out on tons of hits to be able to do tons of damage with jump and eventually got it

so many hours into that game. i got talked into doing mushrooms one time in my life and i ended up playing this game at some point because i was playing it at the time anyways. the spell effects were out of control
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:57 am

I did ninja with martial arts and double punch one shotted Wiegraf. Then after I basically backed up and nuked him to death.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Cap's Alehouse