9/11 NEVER forget.

Sidle up to the bar (Lightly Moderated)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

9/11 NEVER forget.

Postby Spazz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 am

So every year on this day me and tug get together and mock terrorists war and various scumfucks involved in politics while we drink and smoke and just in general laugh at the madness of the world.

Do any of yall have a 911 never forget ceremony of any type ?

Dont click that shit if you get butthurt easy or hate crust punk.. youve been warned.

I know the terrorism isnt funny but i got a warped sense of humor and its how I deal with shit that makes me feel yucky.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Re: 9/11 NEVER forget.

Postby leah » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:45 pm

i never had a ritual before, but today i saw a link to tomatonation.com, where one of the bloggers (sarah bunting; she was a block or two away when the buildings came down) writes a yearly post that's well-written and generally a pretty good read, so now that i'm caught up, i plan to stick with it every year. she met a guy named don amid the confusion in the bank where she took shelter, and they kind of became each other's lifeboats for the day and then parted ways when he got on a ferry to jersey and she's never seen him again, but each year in her post she wishes him a happy birthday (9/11 is his bday) and hopes he's doing well. anyway, just thought i'd share.

i also happened to flip to NPR this morning on my way to work just as they were heading into a moment of silence in honor of when the first plane hit, and for some reason it really affected me. had a good cry for a couple minutes and then locked it up and sent up a prayer of thanks for the safety of my loved ones.

anyway.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:42 am

It's a whole new ritual for me now since my brother's death. I share it with my friends who enlisted. We all have our reasons, excuses, and bullshit.

It's a difficult day.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:43 am

i am leaning more toward spazz's method of coping

he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:46 am

Today was just one of those days where I try as hard as I can to keep it positive but it just doesn't work out.

It never does.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:14 am

K im back in . Talked mad shit about terrorists,shit that sucks and had some gun talk . Went to the dispensery went to the frank turner concert , wondered around Detroit for a while then played some pool at some dive in gross pointe i think. All in all was a pretty decent never forget
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:20 am

Lol forgot I wasn't on facebook and couldn't click "like"

That sounds awesome man. Watching Sons of Anarchy's new episode the second it is done downloading. (I missed it because I couldn't find what channel it was on here.)
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:44 pm

yeah i got shitty m'self, it was nice

i am hereby officially adopting the Detroit school of 9/11 coping
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:36 pm

It works man. Rules are simple. Make fun of bad guys then do activities that make ya glad to be alive.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:53 pm

Round 2!
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Round 2s not so exciting. Talked shit about mitt romney then got into an argument about space aliens. Cant decide on if i wanna play some playstation and listen to immortal technique or if want to read some of my book and wrestle the dogs.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Played Armored Kill (new BF3 expansion) getting ridiculously good at some new skills, mainly the little bird, and on the opposite end, sniping people out of helicopters at 400 yds.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby araby » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 am

That was beautiful, Leah. I watched the documentary on the history channel that showed footage of a few experiences and it was truly horrifying. As much as I wanted to stop watching because of how it brought back my own memories of that day and it forced me to sort of experience it again through their eyes, I also felt the obligation to keep watching in honor of those that didn't make it. Seemed as though I had a responsibility to feel some things.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:29 am

araby wrote:That was beautiful, Leah. I watched the documentary on the history channel that showed footage of a few experiences and it was truly horrifying. As much as I wanted to stop watching because of how it brought back my own memories of that day and it forced me to sort of experience it again through their eyes, I also felt the obligation to keep watching in honor of those that didn't make it. Seemed as though I had a responsibility to feel some things.

thanks ash. i agree with your statement about responsibility, too... feelings need to be felt--both sorrow and elation--because we're alive to feel them. it does suck sometimes, though!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tossica » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 am

I was camping the Ancient Cyclops trying to get some jboots for one of my toons when the shit went down. Took the day off from work to get some quality camping in.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:49 pm

i slept in and missed the actual event but when i got to work at 10 everyone was standing around listening to the radio

i went home at 2 and started reading the thread about it on somethingawful.com; on the first few pages there were people posting from inside the WTC, it was surreal
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Oh what we were doin when it happened ?

I woke up early for no reason and went out to the garage to have a massive bake out. I came back in and turned on my tele just as the second plane hit. Then the phone started ringing off the hook.later went freestyle walking and dislocated my finger and almost got into a brawl at the gas station cuz some dude cut of my buddy after we waited forever for the pump. People were scared and tense and confused. It is over all one of the weirdest days ive ever lived through.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Arlos » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:01 am

The day itself, I was home, because I had just been laid off a couple months ago, and hadn't found a new job yet. I was sleeping in, and my phone rang, before going to the answering machine. (Yes, an actual land line with an answering machine, feels so paleolithic now, doesn't it?) It was my mom, and all she said is "Turn on the news, now. It doesn't matter what channel, it's on all of them." So, I got up, turned it on, and it was right as the 2nd plane was hitting. I don't remember exactly what else I did that day, I think I mainly just stayed in and surfed the net and had the TV on CNN the whole time.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Hatak » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:19 am

I had the TV on early that morning as I was reformatting my parents' Windows Me computer. I was reinstalling all the various drivers when they started talking about the first plane hit. They brought up how some plane way back when hit the Empire State Building in an accident and they weren't sure if this was similar or not. Then I was watching live as the 2nd plane hit. It was obvious at that point what was going on. I went in to work at around 11 AM I think. People were all rushing out of there to fill up their cars since the attacks were supposed to have meant a gas shortage for some reason.

I remember the day well. It was horrific but didn't hit me as hard as the OKC bombing.
Hatak
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby leah » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:49 am

i was a senior in high school and was in study hall. we all headed to the library to watch the news on the TV there, and spent most of the rest of the school day feeling freaked out, watching the news, and speculating wildly. and also i remember being worried that attacks would take place in nebraska because bush went to omaha i think? to the strategic air command? i dunno. maybe that's false, but at the time we were worried about it. /shrug

i also remember waiting in a long line at the gas station to fill up. seems like an odd reaction we all had, but it seemed necessary at the time.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:04 pm

leah wrote:i remember being worried that attacks would take place in nebraska because bush went to omaha i think? to the strategic air command? i dunno.

no, you are not mistaken, he DID go to stratcomm. and a LOT of nebraskans were worried, myself included.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Kaemon » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:18 pm

I remember trying to call an old roomate/friend who worked at the WTC building 7 to see if she was ok. I couldn't get through and prayed for her safety when i saw the first tower collapse, I then started crying when the second tower collapsed. It took about 48 hours before I was able to get in touch with her, she was out of town and safe, she did lose one co-worker though.

We try to get together around this time of year and drink a few pints of Guiness and a couple of Irish Car bombs together at Stout, it's not always on 9/11 but we always do one toast to those lost.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Harrison » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:23 pm

I was in English class in high school.

Our English teacher put the TV on when he heard and we watched the second plane hit, the Principal (a complete and utter tool, the worst administrator I've ever seen in a school system) announced to the school that all TV's are to be turned off etc. etc.

He even walked around to make sure they were off. We were in the old building (The 1906 section of the school that still looks like a castle.)WAY the fuck up on the 4th floor. So he never came up there. Image

I remember some kid making a joke and all I remember is turning and telling him to shut the fuck up, rather loudly. The teacher smiled when I looked back after realizing I had just done that.

I just remember walking out of class, school, and going home. One of those, "just in case" moments. I walked out of school often enough anyways. I wasn't even sneaky about it, I'd wave to the front office on my way out.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Spazz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:22 pm

We used to duck out of school like we didnt give a fuck all the time and our ac was a total tool with a hitler mustache. We were already out of school by then though so we didnt have to do it that day though im sure we would have if we had to.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Harrison » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:03 pm

We had a bomb threat one day, and they wanted us to move to the gym. I just walked out the front door. I'm not going in a large group to a room with two exits.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Next

Return to Cap's Alehouse