Absolute Truth

General location for all religious discussion. Loosely moderated for now, we will see how things go.

Moderators: Ganzo, Dictators in Training

Absolute Truth

Postby Naethyn » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:24 pm

What if Truth was like a tiny speck of sand?
A speck that has been washed and weighed, polished, smoothed and curbed into one shiny point, the Universal Truth.
What if we could take this grain of sand and collect it into a book? We would treasure the book like our own life. We would lock it with the purpose of our mind.
And when we craved the truth we would open it up and let the grains wash over us. We would soak ourselves in its depth and bask in its radiance.
But the book is flawed. We can take more truth from it than we have earned. And soon we would be turning empty pages.
Thus the search begins. The search for the truth; the truth we crave; the truth that has the only meaningful value in an otherwise meaningless world.
The search continues, it goes on and on. In this search for the ultimate truth everything is allowed. We learn to lie and cheat in hope of progress. We see no success, no breakthrough of any kind.
We’re flooded by substitute truth, made up truth, whose only purpose is to sooth us and lull us.
Absolute truth loses its meaning. There is no absolute truth, only greater and lesser truth. We’ve lost our standards, we’ve lost our talent to distinguish what is real from what is deception. We no longer know the difference between the right truth and the wrong truth. All we care for is truth in any form and any guise; corrupted, filthy truth, we want it all, need it all.
So this truth can make us free, like any other truth. Maybe this substitute truth suffices? Maybe.
But when we’ve become enslaved to this freedom, then it is freedom no longer.
It is the worst kind of prison.
A prison with no walls and no chains. We cannot break free for we cannot see what binds us.
We talk of freedom like it was something to hope for. I hope real freedom never finds us, because we wouldn’t know what to do with it.
Yet we continue the search, for the searching has become a way of life for us. We know no other. It is what we’ve become.
Let us only hope the search never ends, that the Absolute Truth stays hidden forever. For if the search ends, we end.
Then we become nothing more than dust, specks of sand on the shore of universal lie.
And maybe, just maybe, this has already happened.

Gorda Hoje,
http://www.eve-online.com/background/potw/apr04.asp
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Spazz » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:16 pm

What the fuck ever dude
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Donnel » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:19 pm

I think he stole some of your brownies Spazz.
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Narrock » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:31 pm

Donnel wrote:I think he stole some of your brownies Spazz.
:rofl:
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:51 pm

Thats kinda funny
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:24 pm

i just read a book by auster about a guy that becomes convinced that a child raised in complete absence of any form of society or language will eventually manifest the Language of God-- the language that Adam used when he named the animals and plants in the Garden of Eden. he believed that language then was pure and untainted, and each word and its meaning were one and the same. he then goes on to explain that it was at the Tower of Babel that language became divorced from its original meaning, and that due to this disconnection, language became impure. words that originally meant one thing could also mean other things depending on context, and as a result, language became capable of being twisted and deceptive-- and capable of being used for evil. he fathered a child, and from birth, kept the child isolated in a small room for years and years.

well, someone discovers him and turns him in, so he does a 25 year number in prison-- and the actual story is about the wife of the man (who grew up isolated) hiring an author she thinks is a detective to make sure the guy's father (who is getting out of prison) doesn't come back to off the kid

it sounds confusing but it's a good read and the language thing definitely stuck with me
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:29 pm

Read Snow Crash.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Holy ... Discussion