So I went to Church today

General location for all religious discussion. Loosely moderated for now, we will see how things go.

Moderators: Ganzo, Dictators in Training

So I went to Church today

Postby Eldred » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:30 pm

Was my cousin's daughters baptisim, and I had the misfortune of sitting though the hole sermin, and the shitty ass songs. Well while the pastor was preaching the bullshit just wanted to make me stand up and say Horse shit.

The sermin was on I shall not want, God provides everything for us, what a crock of shit that is. Tell that to the starving destotute disease ridden countries of Africa and Asia, tell that to the people who died in Katrina. All this bullshit about not wanting more money or material needs and then they have the gall to pass around the collection plate. If we are not to want, then why do you want our money.
Eldred
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Re: So I went to Church today

Postby Trielelvan » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:09 pm

Eldred wrote:The sermin was on I shall not want, God provides everything for us

This is not (well, more to the point, it SHOULD not) referring to material things, per se. It is referring to the needs of the soul.

In other words, you will be free from envy, jealousy, and greed, and will not find yourself wanting. You can not be happy if you are always wanting more. True happiness comes from being thankful for what you have, etc etc.... get the picture?
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Thon » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:18 pm

sounds like buddhism to me
Lyion wrote:Unfortunately, Arabs are notorious cowards and these are people who are easily knuckled under.
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Trielelvan » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 pm

yeah, six of one, half a dozen of the other

Most "good" religions teach basically the same principles of releasing emotional burden.
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:32 pm

teaching the have-nots that Thou Shall Not Want has been religion's MO since medieval times
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Ganzo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:24 am

God provides enough love and happiness for everyone, we create evil on our own, "have-nots and starving destotute disease ridden countries of Africa and Asia" are all man made.
God provides, does not mean that tough powerfull dude from the sky will come and slap everyone into acting proper so all are happy. You don't like how things are, do something about it, stop blaming God.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Thon » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:24 am

the minute they raise a hand to "do something about it", they get their arm chopped off by a machete :dunno:

if there is a God, he can go fuck himself
Lyion wrote:Unfortunately, Arabs are notorious cowards and these are people who are easily knuckled under.
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Ganzo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:46 am

If you worried about your arm, than do not do anything. But don't blame God. Always look inside.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Return to Holy ... Discussion