Good fiction books that are based on religious philosophy

General location for all religious discussion. Loosely moderated for now, we will see how things go.

Moderators: Ganzo, Dictators in Training

Postby Phlegm » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:16 pm

Phlegm wrote:I am currently reading "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore. It's very funny and enjoyable so far.

Just finished reading this today. I highly recommend it.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Thon » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:51 pm

i've read Ender's Game & Ender's Shadow, the whole religion stuff was always mentioned in passing it seemed. how is Speaker for the Dead? or anything else in that series(if there is anything else).
Lyion wrote:Unfortunately, Arabs are notorious cowards and these are people who are easily knuckled under.
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tikker » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:25 am

Thon wrote:i've read Ender's Game & Ender's Shadow, the whole religion stuff was always mentioned in passing it seemed. how is Speaker for the Dead? or anything else in that series(if there is anything else).

there's about 6 more books that follow Ender's Shadow (all centred around bean)

they're ok, but not really anything new to the series

Speaker of the Dead, and Xenocide are the 2 that follow Ender after the wars
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gidan » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:52 am

Speaker of the Dead and Xenocide both deal with religion. In Xenocide religion is a major part of the book, just about everything that happens is tied to religion.

Children of the mind touches on religion, though it no longer a major part of the storyline. The other books in the series on the Shadow line really only touch on religion. Its certainly a part of the story, but I wouldn't consider it a major issue.

Card has mentioned writting 1 more book for the series. Something that tied the Shadow line to the original Speeker/Xenocide/Children story line.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:45 am

The comic book Spawn.
Jay

Postby Gidan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:02 am

Gidan wrote:Speaker of the Dead and Xenocide both deal with religion. In Xenocide religion is a major part of the book, just about everything that happens is tied to religion.

Children of the mind touches on religion, though it no longer a major part of the storyline. The other books in the series on the Shadow line really only touch on religion. Its certainly a part of the story, but I wouldn't consider it a major issue.

Card has mentioned writting 1 more book for the series. Something that tied the Shadow line to the original Speeker/Xenocide/Children story line.

After a bit of research, Card actually has 2 books planned. He is writing a prequal to Speaker of the Dead as well as another book to tie the bean and ender books together that will take place right after the end of Children of the Mind.

Working titles are
Ender in Exile: Ganges
Shadows in Flight

In case any were interetsed
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Previous

Return to Holy ... Discussion