Democrats and religion

General location for all religious discussion. Loosely moderated for now, we will see how things go.

Moderators: Ganzo, Dictators in Training

Postby Donnel » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:12 pm

God is for capital punishment. True story!

He laid down capital crimes for the Hebrew people to follow!

Zomg!
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Snero » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:13 pm

Donnel wrote:Thou shalt not kill: Another good commentary on the subject: http://www.apostolic.edu/biblestudy/files/6th-com.htm Basically stated: there are times when killing is necessary but murder is always murder. Thou shalt not kill is not referring to ending the life of someone, but instead of murdering them.

I agree with your other takes, but I don't see capital punishment as a time when killing is necessary. Lets say that somebody is so bad, such a maniac that he should never be allowed in society ever again. That there is not even the slightest chance of rehabilitation. Killing them is still not the only option, there is always life inprisonment.

I know somebody will bring up the liberal's support of abortion, saying something like "well neither side obeys this commandment then". The way I see it, at best it's a stalemate, with one side claiming the killing justified, and the other side saying that what they do is not killing at all, that life does not start at conception.

Personally, I don't see either side being more christian then the other.
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:20 pm

Spazz, please for the love of God, Buddha, Vishnu, Shiva, motherfucking-Mooby, and humanity, learn to properly convey a message with words before you attempt to formulate arguments versus shit you admit you know little to nothing about.

If this paragraph has otherwise confused you of little mind.

reed sum of dem boox or da webz 4 infoz 2 fight wit
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:21 pm

Sorry, please continue the rest of you intelligent folk.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:25 pm

Snero wrote: I know somebody will bring up the liberal's support of abortion, saying something like "well neither side obeys this commandment then". The way I see it, at best it's a stalemate, with one side claiming the killing justified, and the other side saying that what they do is not killing at all, that life does not start at conception.

Personally, I don't see either side being more christian then the other.

That is exactly what it is right there. To believe that one side is, or is attempting at least, to be the be all/end all of Christian perfection is swallowing the media's bullshit by the shovel.

It is as comparable to say all Muslim are terrorists to believe all Republican Christians believe "X". (Or Democrat for that matter, or any party/stance overall really)

Blanket statements are rife with holes.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:35 pm

I don't see this as a media issue at all. This is political posturing. I tend to think that the right really has no claim to "religion". They seem to have done a pretty good job perverting things and making things their own, but that hardly makes them Christian.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Donnel » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:41 pm

I believe my first statement was to that effect: Not all republicans are christians, not all liberals are not.
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:42 pm

*nod* I agree completely.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Narrock » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:14 pm

There are Christians on both sides of the political fence. Both sides have hypocrites and sinners. It wouldn't be fair of me to say that Republicans are more Christian than Democrats (although it certainly seems that way at times). After all, which party has been fighting for prayer in schools and keeping "In God We Trust" on our currency?

What's important to me is that there are Christians in every political affiliation. However, true conservatism (not Republicanism necessarily) is more aligned with Christ's teachings than liberalism is. Do you think Jesus would approve of abortions because your pregnancy was inconvenient for you? Now, I also don't like the greed and corruption of some Republicans. I don't like the consistent blatant lies (clinton, kerry, dean, etc) and the do-whatever-you-want-as-long-as-it-makes-you-happy attitude of the liberal Dems. I will vote for whoever the socially-conservative candidate is.

Oh, and Donnel, you just don't understand Adventism... but that's ok.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Snero » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:19 am

Narrock wrote: I don't like the consistent blatant lies (clinton, kerry, dean, etc) and the do-whatever-you-want-as-long-as-it-makes-you-happy attitude of the liberal Dems.

Mindia, you just don't understand politics and liberals... but that's ok.
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Narrock » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:45 am

Snero wrote:
Narrock wrote: I don't like the consistent blatant lies (clinton, kerry, dean, etc) and the do-whatever-you-want-as-long-as-it-makes-you-happy attitude of the liberal Dems.

:dunno:

What are you cackling on about now? Are you suggesting that the liberals I mentioned aren't liars? Get a clue.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:46 am

Narrock wrote:
Snero wrote:

:dunno:

What are you cackling on about now? Are you suggesting that the liberals I mentioned aren't liars? Get a clue.

Snero just walked into wacky zone and he doesn't know it yet.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Snero » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:32 am

i would never suggest any politician isn't a liar, I think the ones you mentioned are and I also think most of the republicans are liars too, but thats not what I was refering too.

if you believe "do-whatever-you-want-as-long-as-it-makes-you-happy" is a key part of being liberal, you're deluded, blinded by hate, or just a complete retard

maybe a combination of all three, who knows
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Narrock » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:21 pm

Snero wrote:i would never suggest any politician isn't a liar, I think the ones you mentioned are and I also think most of the republicans are liars too, but thats not what I was refering too.

if you believe "do-whatever-you-want-as-long-as-it-makes-you-happy" is a key part of being liberal, you're deluded, blinded by hate, or just a complete retard

So, you have a problem with admitting it eh? Don't worry... you're not alone. There's a lot of people in your boat with the same mindset. Liberals have always been at the forefront of the fight for: do-whatever-you-want-as-long-as-it-makes-you-happy.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Snero » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:26 pm

ok, now i know, it's a heavy mix of all three
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Narrock » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:28 pm

Snero wrote:ok, now i know, it's a heavy mix of all three

You're in complete denial. That's ok though because you have plenty of company around here.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ginzburgh » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:46 pm

Hey I cant speak for the rest of the liberals but "do what you want as long as it makes you happy" is my personal motto.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:48 pm

Narrock wrote:
Snero wrote:ok, now i know, it's a heavy mix of all three

You're in complete denial. That's ok though because you have plenty of company around here.

yes, everyone else other than you
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:51 pm

It's good to be unique.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:52 pm

Narrock wrote:
Snero wrote:i would never suggest any politician isn't a liar, I think the ones you mentioned are and I also think most of the republicans are liars too, but thats not what I was refering too.

So, you have a problem with admitting it eh? Don't worry... you're not alone. There's a lot of people in your boat with the same mindset. Liberals have always been at the forefront of the fight for: do-whatever-you-want-as-long-as-it-makes-you-happy.

since we're generalizing, Reblicans have always been at the forefront of the fight for: do-whatever-you-want-as-long-as-it-makes-you-money
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:55 pm

If that's the case, Mindia is a poor excuse for a republican.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:17 pm

I dont see a problem with doing whatever you want long as it makes you happy and you dont harm anyone else really.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Narrock » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:33 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:If that's the case, Mindia is a poor excuse for a republican.

I'm not a Republican, and I make good money. :wink:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:33 pm

Tikker wrote:
Narrock wrote:

since we're generalizing, Reblicans have always been at the forefront of the fight for: do-whatever-you-want-as-long-as-it-makes-you-money

I don't like that either
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:34 pm

spazz wrote:I dont see a problem with doing whatever you want long as it makes you happy and you dont harm anyone else really.

That's because you're very short-sighted and never look at the big picture.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Holy ... Discussion