Post-Rapture Post

General location for all religious discussion. Loosely moderated for now, we will see how things go.

Moderators: Ganzo, Dictators in Training

Postby vonkaar » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:09 pm

Narrock wrote:
Zanchief wrote:If the rapture's coming a lot of people are going to be in for a rude awakening.

I can pretty much guarantee that you will be left behind (unless privately you believe that Jesus is your personal savior, and that you're enormous assholism here on the NT is just a bizarre facade).

Narrock wrote:Yeah, because I flaunt my Christianity and ram it down everybody's throat here, almost with every post too!

:dunno:
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:13 pm

vonkaar wrote:
Narrock wrote:
Zanchief wrote:If the rapture's coming a lot of people are going to be in for a rude awakening.

I can pretty much guarantee that you will be left behind (unless privately you believe that Jesus is your personal savior, and that you're enormous assholism here on the NT is just a bizarre facade).

Narrock wrote:Yeah, because I flaunt my Christianity and ram it down everybody's throat here, almost with every post too!

:dunno:

Well at least you saw my sarcasm, Vonk. You know I hardly ever talk about Christianity that much anymore... at least not in comparison to the past.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby vonkaar » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:17 pm

:angel:
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Arlos » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:19 pm

I've mentioned this before, but it's amuing enough that I'll mention it again.

There are actually lawyers and insurance companies that are making money RIGHT NOW off "The Rapture".

How, you ask?

Well, the lawyers will, for a hefty fee, help you write your will with a Rapture clause inserted. The Insurance companies will sell you Life Insurance with a similar Rapture clause.

The reason being, if you're bodily assumed up into heaven, technically you're not "dead". So, normal laws for wills & life insurance wouldn't apply. So, if you're convinced you're one of The Chosen, best get those rapture riders, if you want to provide for all of your godless relatives who aren't being raptured with you!

:lol:

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:26 pm

Some people think 2012 will be a very important, and possibly catastrophic, year for mankind.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:47 pm

I laugh at people who proclaim apocalyptic dates.

For reference, see; The Millerites and what was known as "The Great Disappointment".

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:03 pm

Narrock wrote:Your English skills suck.

This does not make any sense:

and agreed to a contracted bet where to collect, you have to die

If you don't see it then you're either just playing retarded, or you are retarded.

quick, use your l33t charter oak sk33lz and correct it, providing the exact English grammar rules that have been broken
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:06 pm

Tikker wrote:
Narrock wrote:Your English skills suck.

This does not make any sense:

and agreed to a contracted bet where to collect, you have to die

If you don't see it then you're either just playing retarded, or you are retarded.

quick, use your l33t charter oak sk33lz and correct it, providing the exact English grammar rules that have been broken

I don't even know where to begin to fix it... it's so bizarre of a "sentence."

Here's yours in its entirety:

yet you're the one who thinks the invisible man will save his soul, and agreed to a contracted bet where to collect, you have to die~

Here it is done correctly:

Yet you're the one who thinks the invisible man will save his soul, and agreed to a contracted bet (where to collect) you have to die.

Or this would work too:

Yet you're the one who thinks the invisible man will save his soul, and agreed to a contracted bet, where to collect, you have to die.

Or even this:

Yet you're the one who thinks the invisible man will save his soul, and agreed to a contracted bet, where to collect... you have to die.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:36 pm

So in summation, the sentence was completely incoherent to you, because it was lacking a comma?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:57 pm

Tikker wrote:So in summation, the sentence was completely incoherent to you, because it was lacking a comma?

At first glance, yes. But after reading it 3 or 4 times out loud I finally got what you were trying to say. Here's a Christmas idea for you. Maybe you should treat yourself to it:

http://www.englishgrammar101.com/Default.aspx

Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby dammuzis » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:20 pm

alot of christians are going to be pissed of when they go to heaven and discover that their god is a jew
dammuzis
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Phlegm » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:41 pm

dammuzis wrote:alot of christians are going to be pissed of when they go to heaven and discover that their god is a jew

No, their savior is a Jew while their God is an atheist.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Granh » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:22 am

Get ready for the rapture and hone your sinner-smiting skills at the same time:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/left-behind-et ... 684p1.html

"Violence has consequences -- even justified violence,"

What is justified violence?

Thou shall not kill... Unless they're a Jew.
Kitty Litter for the Mind
Granh
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Evermore » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:38 am

i love how a religious discussion got turned into an english lession and a pissing contest at the same time.
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:42 am

Evermore wrote:i love how a religious discussion got turned into an english lession and a pissing contest at the same time.

it was never really a religious discussion, as much as a backhanded way for athiests to take money from people who believe in invisible men
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:20 pm

Tikker wrote:
Narrock wrote:
The Kizzy wrote:Yes because it matters.

I know it's silly. Tikker really is a retard sometimes.

Yeah, I'm the retard in this situation

yet you're the one who thinks the invisible man will save his soul, and agreed to a contracted bet where to collect, you have to die~

Yet you're arrogant enough to think you know everything as well, and know without any doubt there is no "invisible man".

I sense some ignorance from both sides of this fence and you both smell like shit.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:02 pm

feel free to offer proof of said invisible man, until then it's laughable
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:32 pm

Feel free to offer proof of the nonexistence of said invisible man?

Because until then, you're a fucking arrogant moron.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:36 pm

Proof is the burden of the believer.
Jay

Postby Mop » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:39 pm

Jay wrote:Proof is the burden of the believer.

both statements still apply, Tikker's belief in no invisible man and others belief in said invisible man. Both still have to prove one side or the other.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Jay » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:42 pm

It's like due process. Proof is in the burden of the prosecution while the defendant only has to debunk what the prosecution says as opposed to "proving" their innocence. Innocent until proven guilty. God is fake until proven real. My proof is that no man on earth can give an accurate and consistent account that they have encountered god.
Jay

Postby Harrison » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:47 pm

No, that's the point, neither side has to "do" anything.

Tikker thinks he's better than someone for believing x.

Mindia thinks he's better than someone for believing y.

x and y are beliefs and it is impossible for either of you to "prove" otherwise.

I am just slightly more amused by Tikker because he thinks he knows everything that is and was about our existence and flaunts it like a badge.

Mindia isn't a prick about it.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:49 pm

Jay wrote:It's like due process. Proof is in the burden of the prosecution while the defendant only has to debunk what the prosecution says as opposed to "proving" their innocence. Innocent until proven guilty. God is fake until proven real. My proof is that no man on earth can give an accurate and consistent account that they have encountered god.

Far too basic of an application to something so complex.

You believe there is no higher power simply because dumbass human beings can't "prove" it to you?
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Mop » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:51 pm

So in your world, faith is the defendant, having to prove their innocence while in others lives, the belief in no god is the defendant, I really dont think either need to prove anything - if you find that a belief in god or a lack of belief in god makes you a better person to others around you then great ( world could use more of that ) , no real reason to be a prick about it.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tikker » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:14 pm

Harrison wrote:
Tikker thinks he's better than someone for believing x.

what I believe or don't believe(or what you believe) has nothing to do with why I think I'm better than you~
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Holy ... Discussion