tom cruise is the new jesus (mindia will love this)

General location for all religious discussion. Loosely moderated for now, we will see how things go.

Moderators: Ganzo, Dictators in Training

tom cruise is the new jesus (mindia will love this)

Postby araby » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:32 am

where to post this new thread? entertainment tonight??? or...holy discussion??! this is just as appropriate as either of those, but feel free to move this topic.

Tom Cruise has been named the
new "Christ" of Scientology, according to the leaders of the religion.

The Mission: Impossible star has reportedly been told that he has been chosen to spread the word of his faith throughout the world.

Leader David Miscavige believes that in the future Cruise will be revered like Jesus for his work in propagating the religion.

A source told The Sun, "Tom has been told he is Scientology's Christ-like figure. Like Christ, he's been criticised for his views. But future generations will realise he was right."

Cruise joined the Church of Scientology in the 1980s and has recently risen to one of the Church's top levels.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:33 am

many people have been enlightened, mentally and spiritually. the buddhists know what I'm talking about, or anyone else for that matter, who has experience mental and spiritual awakening, and once the mind has been opened it can only go in one direction from there, it will continue to open if it's allowed.

the buddhists believe in a state of happiness that is achieved through inner peace and compassion, through insight and higher levels of intelligence sought mentally. some of the teachings are intangible-because the human conscious is something that cannot necessarily be transcribed or translated-thus having the same abilities cannot be taught or read about-only experienced. basically, you either get it, or you don't. because if you try to understand without experiencing it, then you were never meant to understand it at all.

it is my theory, that scientology has figured out, among many ways, how to achieve this same enlightenment, however I also feel that they have used this knowledge of the power of the mind for their own gain. You have to pay for this information, which is why you see the cult targeting the rich.

because they offer enlightenment, a person who is interested in scientology will receive enlightenment, but it is not without payment, and for this reason like all of the other organizations who've claimed to have the answers, this will fail because it's ultimate goal is to have personal gain and it is impossible to achieve inner peace if the intentions are not genuinely selfless.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Thon » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:26 am

it's a scam to get your money, like every other religion. scientology is just more direct.
Lyion wrote:Unfortunately, Arabs are notorious cowards and these are people who are easily knuckled under.
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby kaharthemad » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:47 am

i find it funny that these nutjobs are following a religion that was invented as a fucking bet between Hubbard and Heinlien. Or atleast that is the speculation.

If only they would hurry up and beam back to the mothership life would be so much easier.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Evermore » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:49 am

someone needs to point terrorists to the correct targets.
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby kaharthemad » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:52 am

thinking the same thing.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:55 am

Please explain the difference between Scientology and Christianity?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Xaiveir » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:10 am

Zanchief wrote:Please explain the difference between Scientology and Christianity?

One believes and has faith in Jesus....one believes and has faith in Tom Cruise. Only difference. :dunno:
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby kaharthemad » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:11 am

there are a few actually if you run it on doctrine yeah there is quite alot. it would be like saying that the Jehovah's Witness are christian. they have some principles the same but not many
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:18 am

My implication is that who cares what they believe in. You believe in a dude who walked on water and wine out of water.

It's all silliness if you don't believe in it.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby kaharthemad » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:28 am

there are a few actually if you run it on doctrine yeah there is quite alot. it would be like saying that the Jehovah's Witness are christian. they have some principles the same but not many
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lionking » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:52 am

Zanchief wrote:Please explain the difference between Scientology and Christianity?

Following Scientology will lead to Hell. Following Christianity will lead to Heaven. Pretty simple, really. :angel:
Lionking
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Phlegm » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:03 pm

The Scientologists have been sending people in pairs around my neighborhood recently, knocking on doors and passing out pamphlets.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:04 pm

Phlegm wrote:The Scientologists have been sending people in pairs around my neighborhood recently, knocking on doors and passing out pamphlets.

Never seen any Christians do that.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby kinghooter00 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:28 pm

LOL, Tom Cruise, Jesus.... Wow, he really has lost his mind. Have you seen him on oprah??? If that was jesus then we are in some serious trouble. :bowdown: :bowdown: :crucified:
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby Thon » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:03 pm

walking around saying you're the son of God doesn't strike me as normal either though
Lyion wrote:Unfortunately, Arabs are notorious cowards and these are people who are easily knuckled under.
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:36 pm

Christians want to convert you to their religion. Scientologists want you to come to their centers and pay them several hundred dollars a session to hook you up to a lobotomized polygraph machine to work on your past "echoes" of possibly pre-birth trauma. That's why Scientologists are so anti-psychiatrists: it's a competing business. Everyone who sees a shrink for their mental issues is 1 less person they can get to go to the scientology center for "treatment".

Scientology is a huge money-making machine. Every "Stage" you go through (and there are lots) costs hundreds of dollars at first, then up into the 10s of thousands of dollars. As a result, there are several governments that refuse to give Scientology official tax-free church status; Germany, for example at least didn't use to. (dunno about now)

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:33 pm

If he is their Jesus, I personally elect myself the one responsible to crucify him.

I will take every precaution to enjoy it fully and videotape.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Narrock » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:29 pm

haha this is the funniest shit I've read in a long time
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby araby » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:59 pm

Narrock wrote:haha this is the funniest shit I've read in a long time

I've been waiting for you to post all day!!!! :rofl:
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: tom cruise is the new jesus (mindia will love this)

Postby Trielelvan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:35 pm

araby wrote:Tom Cruise has been named the
new "Christ" of Scientology, according to the leaders of the religion.

So, this is hell... and Tom Cruise is the mayor. Joy.
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jay » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:54 pm

Xaiveir wrote:

One believes and has faith in Jesus....one believes and has faith in Tom Cruise. Only difference. :dunno:

The real difference is Tom Cruise is tangible. I have a few of his DVD's. Anyone have DVD's of Jesus? I think not.
Jay

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:03 pm

Harrison wrote:If he is their Jesus, I personally elect myself the one responsible to crucify him.

I will take every precaution to enjoy it fully and videotape.

I'll help.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:07 pm

Paramount Presents: The Passion of the Operating Thetan 8 starring Tom Cruise and Harrison + a lot of CGI as "The Jews".
Jay

Postby Trielelvan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:14 pm

:lol:
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Next

Return to Holy ... Discussion