tom cruise is the new jesus (mindia will love this)

General location for all religious discussion. Loosely moderated for now, we will see how things go.

Moderators: Ganzo, Dictators in Training

Postby Tossica » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:22 pm

I agree with Araby.

There are many paths to enlightenment. I don't think it's so much the content of the "belief system" (most of them are silly to a non believer) but the focus and energy put in to faith or the pursuit of happiness. It doesn't matter what you believe or who your god is, the power in religion lies in the focus on trying to better your life and hopefully become a better human being in the process. If you put forth effort, focus and believe you are following a path to a better thing, you will feel much more powerful and in my opinion, most likely make a more positive impression on the people around you.

I am not a man of faith but I do believe in "karma" in a sense. Not in a mystical way but that if you remain positive, take pride in your self for something or somehow feel you have something to offer the world, surround yourself with positive people and not be a dick to other people except Finawin, your chances for opportunity or something "good" to happen to you become greater.

Religion relies heavily on this outlook to maintain control over the masses by trying to take credit for individual hard work, community effort, willpower and sometimes even freak accidents or natural causes.

The end result is the same wether humans came together and made something good happen or "god did it", something positive happened but the wrong party gets credited imho and someone got rich along the way.

Imagine if everyone listened to what you said and wanted to hear more and were willing to pay you to tell them things. It would be hard to not take their money. Some people need answers and are willing to pay for them. As long as they feel that they are offering a worthwhile service and demand outweighs supply, someone is going to cash in. There are probably even sincere Scientologists out there but with that much money being thrown around, the wrong kind of people are bound to start taking notice.

Cliff notes:

Enlightenment exists. People that find it are lucky. People that take advantage of poor and desperate people looking for hope or answers are assholes. What comes around, goes around.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:16 pm

Narrock wrote:haha this is the funniest shit I've read in a long time

The Bible is a chucklefest too
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby araby » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:22 pm

Tossica wrote:if you remain positive, take pride in your self for something or somehow feel you have something to offer the world, surround yourself with positive people and not be a dick to other people except Finawin

:rofl:
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:23 pm

poor finawin never catches a break :angel:
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:12 pm

I do, it's just usually part of my body that breaks :wink:

I seriously stopped believing in any form of karma, even in its most simple explanation. The world proves it wrong on a daily basis hardcore.

I have my own personal reasons as well.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:04 am

Harrison wrote:I do, it's just usually part of my body that breaks :wink:

I seriously stopped believing in any form of karma, even in its most simple explanation. The world proves it wrong on a daily basis hardcore.

I think it might be that you just don't understand karma. You are a horrible person, so bad things happen to you. If you weren't such a queeftard the world wouldn't hate you.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gaazy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:23 am

God or no God, I just try to live a good life, do good and keep to myself. If thats not up to par with what gets me into heaven, so be it.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Xaiveir » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:03 am

Gaazy wrote:God or no God, I just try to live a good life, do good and keep to myself. If thats not up to par with what gets me into heaven, so be it.

Bravo sir, my sentiments exactly.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Markarado » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:17 am

I'll join your cause Harrison.
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:38 am

Zanchief wrote:

I think it might be that you just don't understand karma. You are a horrible person, so bad things happen to you. If you weren't such a queeftard the world wouldn't hate you.

I would be willing to bet that more people hate you than Harrison... not just on the NT but with people that know you personally in your communities.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Xaiveir » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:00 am

Narrock wrote:
Zanchief wrote:

I would be willing to bet that more people hate you than Harrison... not just on the NT but with people that know you personally in your communities.

OMG OMG i should make a poll..................
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:08 am

:lol:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:19 pm

Narrock wrote:
Zanchief wrote:

1) Lol @ queeftard
2) Karma is a double edged sword and sometimes it doesn't affect a bad person rather than a lazy or ill motivated one.
3) Personally I don't hate Harrison. I'll go on record saying that I think he's a decent person. Maybe arrogant and dumb at times but overall decent.
Jay

Postby Darcler » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:22 pm

I heart Harri :dunno:
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Phlegm » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Xaiveir wrote:
Narrock wrote:
Zanchief wrote:

What are you going to do? Going to their neighborhoods and knocking on doors?
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:32 pm

Phlegm wrote:
Xaiveir wrote:
Narrock wrote:
Zanchief wrote:

What are you going to do? Going to their neighborhoods and knocking on doors?

If you do... you might as well make it worth your while and kick Zan's ass while you're there. lolz
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Xaiveir » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:39 pm

Is there a Kmart where Zan is?
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:45 pm

Probably not, but there's a royal canadian trailer trash outlet where he is. The Ottawa Super Discount Center where you can buy spam, get your tires changed, and get a haircut all at the same location.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:48 pm

Like Sam's.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Narrock » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:50 pm

You can get your hair cut at Sam's? Not at the one by me. What's the deal with hair salons and barber shops nowadays anyway? Haircuts should be 5 bucks.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:52 pm

Gid got his hair cut at Super Cuts (or whatever it was) before our wedding for like 6 bucks. If I need a trim I go there for under $9. I dont trust them, however, with anything over a trim. Coloring, highlights and a new cut are far beyond them.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:56 pm

WTF I don't live in a trailer. I don't think we even have trailer parks, it's too damn cold in the winter.

Feel free to come knocking on my door to kick my ass, Mindia. I'll get the webcam ready and make you the star of YouTube for the day.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:01 pm

Zanchief wrote:WTF I don't live in a trailer. I don't think we even have trailer parks, it's too damn cold in the winter.

Feel free to come knocking on my door to kick my ass, Mindia. I'll get the webcam ready and make you the star of YouTube for the day.

I don't like you *most* of the time, but I wouldn't kick your ass anyway... I'm a pacifist by nature.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:02 pm

Pussy.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Tuggan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:02 pm

Darcler wrote:Pussy.
Tuggan