tom cruise is the new jesus (mindia will love this)

General location for all religious discussion. Loosely moderated for now, we will see how things go.

Moderators: Ganzo, Dictators in Training

Postby Xaiveir » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:55 pm

Harrison wrote:
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I used to honestly, 100%, believe that God hated me.

I kind of, sort of, stopped believing there is a God in the typical sense of the word. I have a few other beliefs about God, that he's abandoned existence for the most part, doesn't give a shit about humans like we try to think, etc.

Kinda arrogant of you to think you have all the answers about God, isn't it?

I don't have all of the answers, and I am hardly closed to any possibility otherwise.

These are my personal beliefs that have no bearing on absolution.

Harrison, ever read the poem foot steps, or maybe its called footsteps in the sand?
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:12 pm

Harrison wrote:
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I used to honestly, 100%, believe that God hated me.

I kind of, sort of, stopped believing there is a God in the typical sense of the word. I have a few other beliefs about God, that he's abandoned existence for the most part, doesn't give a shit about humans like we try to think, etc.

Kinda arrogant of you to think you have all the answers about God, isn't it?

I don't have all of the answers, and I am hardly closed to any possibility otherwise.

These are my personal beliefs that have no bearing on absolution.

Remember these words next time you go red-Harrison on someone for saying they don't believe in God.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Harrison » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:39 pm

There is a major difference between believing that there is no God, over trying to tell people that their belief in God is stupid and that He is imaginary.

I think there IS a God, and that he has abandoned existence.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:42 pm

Harrison wrote:There is a major difference between believing that there is no God, over trying to tell people that their belief in God is stupid and that He is imaginary.

I think there IS a God, and that he has abandoned existence.

It doesn't matter what your belief is. It just matters that you have one and you think it's true.

Also, it matters that you're a douchebag.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby araby » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:51 pm

Tikker wrote:
araby wrote:
Tikker wrote:
araby wrote:darcler has a point in a way, though I am sure that a selfless act is possible, I am not sure it's possible in many of our conscious minds. a mother breastfeeding her baby is an example. in physical reality, if the baby does not eat it will suffer. to avoid suffering for the baby, the mother gives her breast to him and without anything in return. she does it for the reason that she does not want the baby to suffer.

that's a really bad example

why is this a bad example?

being a good mother(of even adequate) has nothing to do with being selfless

hmm, perhaps to you as a man, this is your perception of being a good mother. in my post, I didn't say anything about good mothers, either. I was talking about reasons behind an act. a woman is a good mother because she breastfeeds. If she doesn't breastfeed does this make her the opposite, a bad mother? No, it makes her someone who didn't breastfeed. if we needed know why, we'd have to ask or she'd have to tell us.

i am a woman, and a mother and my reason for breastfeeding my son may be different than yours, as a man who is childless, or unable to breastfeed. I don't think we can say each other are wrong based on our reasons for what we do.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to Holy ... Discussion