Scientologist - Tom Cruise, at your service.

General location for all religious discussion. Loosely moderated for now, we will see how things go.

Moderators: Ganzo, Dictators in Training

Re: Scientologist - Tom Cruise, at your service.

Postby Arlos » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:14 pm

No, they admitted to those two Operations I mentioned. Furthermore, Hubbard's wife and several church leaders were convicted of Tax Fraud, and L. Ron only wasn't because he lived the last years of his life on a yacht in international waters. The Cult Awareness Network bit is a well-known example as well.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Arlos wrote:
Odd spiritual beliefs are one thing, (hell, my own would be considered odd by a large portion of the populace), but shady and criminal temporal activities including fraud, theft and extortion are an entirely separate kettle of fish.

you just described pretty much all organized religions there

it's not limited to scientology
they're just the current crew of new whackjobs

go back a 2000ish years and you probably have a bunch of romans complaining about the new weirdos on the block who are worshiping their creator made flesh
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:36 pm

Arlos wrote:No, they admitted to those two Operations I mentioned. Furthermore, Hubbard's wife and several church leaders were convicted of Tax Fraud, and L. Ron only wasn't because he lived the last years of his life on a yacht in international waters. The Cult Awareness Network bit is a well-known example as well.

Give me some links and I'll read all about it, but I very much doubt Hubbard spent the last years of his life living on a boat in international waters.

Also, I wonder how quickly the Cult Awareness Network would have folded up if they ever put Catholicism on their list.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Previous

Return to Holy ... Discussion