Lexi praying...

General location for all religious discussion. Loosely moderated for now, we will see how things go.

Moderators: Ganzo, Dictators in Training

Re: Lexi praying...

Postby Zanchief » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:18 am

Narrock wrote:
Zanchief wrote:Point is, if you didn't exist once, it stands to reason you wont exist again.

The possibilities are endless. I just mentioned one of them. There is an "unknown" in science... something unexplainable. That's part of why Einstein said "The more I study science, the more I believe in God." He knew there HAS to be a higher power, because some things that exist cannot be measured or calculated or explained. I'm not a scientist, but I feel that same concept.

Please don't misquote and misrepresent the opinions of others.

The unknowns in science aren’t explained my mysticism but by theory and proof. No matter the theory you come up with, it will be at best illogical, and at worse demonstrably false.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:57 am

Zanchief wrote:
Narrock wrote:
Zanchief wrote:Point is, if you didn't exist once, it stands to reason you wont exist again.

The possibilities are endless. I just mentioned one of them. There is an "unknown" in science... something unexplainable. That's part of why Einstein said "The more I study science, the more I believe in God." He knew there HAS to be a higher power, because some things that exist cannot be measured or calculated or explained. I'm not a scientist, but I feel that same concept.

Please don't misquote and misrepresent the opinions of others.

The unknowns in science aren’t explained my mysticism but by theory and proof. No matter the theory you come up with, it will be at best illogical, and at worse demonstrably false.

As much as you may personally wish that Einstein wouldn't have said that, he DID say it. Sorry, no misquote there. Reality a painful concept for you? Jesus walked on water, and turned water into wine, and resurrected people from the dead, with eyewitnesses present. Illogical? Maybe, but it's not illogical when you look at it in a theological light. Historical fact-based FAITH. Checkmate. Meeting adjourned. :)
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:32 am

So you must also believe all faith based history, like Greek Gods, Mayan prophecies, Pagan Witchcraft and any other. They all had very reliable eye witnesses as well.

There's context to your quote. Einstein believed in uncertainty, but his faith was very specific and would have very little in common with your beliefs.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:48 am

:rolleyes: You lost. Hang it up, holmes.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:56 am

Oh, I see.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:31 pm

mindia must've missed the other quotes: "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly."

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Watch it, Drem. You're in danger of losing.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Zanchief wrote:Watch it, Drem. You're in danger of losing.

I'm sorry... you were saying...? http://cradlerocker624.blogspot.com/200 ... ve-in.html
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:02 pm

I was saying this...

If one purges the Judaism of the Prophets and Christianity as Jesus Christ taught it of all subsequent additions, especially those of the priests, one is left with a teaching which is capable of curing all the social ills of humanity. It is the duty of every man of good will to strive steadfastly in his own little world to make this teaching of pure humanity a living force, so far as he can.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:12 pm

That doesn't mean he didn't believe in God, dufus. Furthermore... How many more Einstein/God references/quotes are u gonna need before it sinks in? Oh, never mind.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:22 pm

the fuck are you even trying to prove here? einstein was raised a jew and even had some christian schooling. it says that in the blog you posted that you obviously haven't even read besides the first two quotes

of course he believed in some sort of god or at least pondered it constantly. not your god, though. and not in the way you worship. not even close. quit tryin to act like he was a mainstream modern day christian

not gonna argue with a simp about something that's been explained very clearly and is even in the text that YOU fuckin posted. get a clue, stop picking and choosing bits to fit what you want
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:27 pm

more importantly, why do you even talk about this? did i miss the part where someone said einstein was an atheist? do you assume all scientists are, by default, atheists?

what makes people take quotes out of context, put them in their online message board signatures, make a goofy picture of him their avatar, and go on and on about how uninformed they are and about how "but but but, he believes in God!!!!!" when the man himself stated "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly."

of course you completely ignore my post about it (because it's right) and you still sit here and try to say that he's a christian or something. and post more quotes, half of which go against your argument if you can understand the writing, that just perpetuate the problem that Einstein himself identified? you're basically, at this point, lying. and being a tool. also a dick. stfu
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:57 pm

I didn't say Einstein was a Christian, dickhead, I said he believed in GOD, which he DID so go eat a bag of dicks. kthxbai
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Faith in god has no intellectual bearing so whether or not Einstein believed in God is no more relevant from whether or not Snooki believes in God. Whether or not you determine what Einstein's belief really was is totally irrelevant since to accept God is to have faith in his existence without proof or evidence (a particular specialty of scientists), or eyewitness accounts or the endorsement of notable persons anyways. Its personal.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:35 pm

I just think it's cool that the "top scientists in the world" believe in God. Even Stephen Hawking did, but then he flip-flopped earlier this year and said "there is no heaven.". lol. He's a tool anyway, and a couple of his theories have been proven wrong.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby vonkaar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Narrock wrote:I didn't say Einstein was a Christian, dickhead, I said he believed in GOD, which he DID so go eat a bag of dicks. kthxbai

Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:26 am

Tikker wrote:eh, believing in god has nothing to do with heaven, you fucking retard

You're missing the point (big surprise). The point is... I've heard many atheists rudely and ignorantly proclaim that you're STUPID if you believe in God... Yet, some of the most brilliant minds and highest IQ's on the planet (including Mathematicians and Astro-Physicists and other scientists) believe in God.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:39 am

His belief in God is not the same as yours though, and even though I would disagree with him, he has thought things through for himself. He has a very specific set of spiritual beliefs based on his own view of the world.

His views on the subject are more based in existential philosophy then Religion.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:46 am

Narrock wrote:some things that exist cannot be measured or calculated or explained.

Yet.

I put my "faith" in science.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:48 am

Zanchief wrote:His belief in God is not the same as yours though, and even though I would disagree with him, he has thought things through for himself. He has a very specific set of spiritual beliefs based on his own view of the world.

His views on the subject are more based in existential philosophy then Religion.

How do you know how I define God?
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby vonkaar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:54 am

You're acting as if you're championing anyone who believes in a higher-being instead of being the Christian-douchebag we've all known for years. What if Einstein was a devout Muslim? What point would you be making here? You are still an intolerant dickhead and we all know it. If I suddenly profess my admiration and love for Zeus and Poseidon, do I gain any points in your book for believing? Or will you revert to the same old Mindia from the past decade? It's not enough to simply believe in your god Jehovah, I also have to subscribe exactly to whatever dogma swill you're currently reading. Mormons can claim to believe in the same Jehovah, but they're heathens in your eyes.

But wait, here you are getting all excited over a single quote that Einstein said about a personal god. So which is it? Any god is good enough for Mindia - or just Mindia's version of Jehovah? Because you've certainly created a 10-year case for the latter.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Tikker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:57 am

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:04 am

Narrock wrote:His views on the subject are more based in existential philosophy then Religion.

How do you know how I define God?[/quote]

15 years of posting history?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:15 am

The way I define "God" is that God is the creator of the universe, and the driving force behind science, and is the only logical reason and explanation for the incalculable gaps in science. I'm pretty sure Einstein thought of it that way too. I never said Einstein was a bible-thumper or an Orthodox Jew. And furthermore, Vonkaar, I DON'T think that Mormons are heathens. I don't agree with "The Book of Mormon" but I'm also not castigating them for believing in it. And I also don't have a problem with Muslims, just radical Islamists who take a twisted spin on the religion, ALTHOUGH Muhammad was pretty clear with some of his statements which were anything BUT peaceful.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Holy ... Discussion