A sensitive matter

General location for all religious discussion. Loosely moderated for now, we will see how things go.

Moderators: Ganzo, Dictators in Training

A sensitive matter

Postby Narrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 am

Ganzo, because of the sensitive and emotional nature surrounding the Holocaust, it is out of respect that I ask you if you're open to a discussion about it. If not, I certainly understand, and I will just research my questions online. And I furthermore vow to remain respectful throughout this entire discussion.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: A sensitive matter

Postby Ganzo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:17 am

There are no banned topics but do bare in mind that 3/4 of my family was killed my Nazi's
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Rfe: A sensitive matter

Postby Narrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:33 pm

I gave you my word and I'm holding to it. First off, my deepest heartfelt condolences to you and your family. I can't even imagine how horrific that is...

Perusing the internet about the Holocaust, I did find something quite contrary to what I've always been told about it, and that is the number of Jews killed during that time period. I stumbled across this site and wanted to ask you what your opinion is, and possibly clear up some things.

I've always known the number to be 6 million Jews killed by the nazis in the concentration camps. This website mentions 4 million... a number I've never even heard, and now its down to 700,000-800,000? As a Jew who was directly affected by the Holocaust, what is the real number? I know that even ONE Jew murdered is too many, but I'm baffled by this new claim of 700,000.

Here's the site: http://www.ihr.org/leaflets/auschwitz.shtml
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ganzo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Do you really need my help here?
ihr.png
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Narrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:16 pm

I can't read that... its all blurry
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:24 pm

All I see is "Warning this website has a poor reputation... ". But the numbers I read are on other sources too. But I guess I take your answer as that it was about 6 million Jews that were murdered. Again I'm not refuting or arguing that number... just came across some contradictory numbers.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ganzo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:46 pm

Your contradictory numbers come from a website that is listed as a "Hate and Discriminatory" website. You are using it as a source of information on the Holocaust when one of the primary attacks on Jews by Neo-Nazis have now been the denial of the Holocaust. How much more obvious can this get?
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Narrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

First off, I had no idea this particular website was listed as "hate and discriminatory". All I did was Google "facts and myths about the Holocaust" and that one was just one out
of many that also say that 6 million number was inaccurate and way to high, which is why I asked you about it for my own edification. Don't be mad at me for this.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ganzo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Not mad, but what did you expect googling "Myth about Holocaust"?
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Narrock » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:03 pm

I have a thirst for knowledge, that's all. You should see our bookshelf... I'll post some titles/authors when I get home from work. Right now my wife is reading a book about Kaballah called "God is a verb.". I'm gonna read it when she's done. Zechariah Sitchin is very interesting, and we have a lot of books from him. We have another book about the Mossad, that Benny gave us. I forgot his name but he spilled the beans on a lot of who the Mossad are, and where they are (pretty much every country on earth), and so on. Books on WWII, different versions of the Bible, and on and on. When I asked you about this Holocaust number, please believe that it was out of this same thirst for knowledge and truth. Don't automatically assume that I'm being a bad guy or trying to trick you or anything like that. These past couple of days have actually been pleasant chatting with you.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:49 pm

one inherent danger of the internet is biased agenda masquerading as legitimate research

the reverse is also true - anyone so inclined can smear legitimate research as biased agenda

as in anything, it is important to determine who is making claims, what they base their claims on, and to what end

for example, that's why i don't read daily kos or the blaze, they're both horrendously biased (albeit in opposite directions)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Return to Holy ... Discussion