EQ PWNS WoW

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Captain Insano » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:05 pm

Yah lets go to the palace! Show em how the players do it.. Jirig are you at least bi or just totally into young boys?
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Donnel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:12 am

lyion wrote:
OuchyFish wrote:No. it is because these lifer motherfuckers can sit and play 20 hours a day with their guild butt-buddies and consider themselves an elite force in a virtual world. WoW does not afford them that luxury (at least to the extremes EQ did) so they hate it.

When something is made fun/obtainable to all, these folks like Taxx that jerk off to their magelos lose their magnificent virtual aura.

But...Taxx is a WOW guy, and EQ hater through and through... And tell me how obtainable PVP rewards are, please?

I've played a lot of WOW, but the community and simplicity of it that makes it so fun, also seems to appeal to the B.net crowd and antisocial kiddies. It has a lot of content but for me it was boring after a few months.

I'm not sure if EQ will be any better, but it has some neat gadgets right now and is fun. Grouping in EQ is fun again, and there's a lot of stuff to do.

Anyways, WOW is a different generational game. EQ is 6+ years old. It's better to compare it to EQ2, which is a somewhat new game, like WOW.

WOW is essentially the real EQ 2, since it was copied completely from EQ with some addendums and Warcraft Lore and streamlining. Saying WOW sucks or EQ sucks is a bit comical, because WOW is essentially EQ, simplified and with a lot of early things fixed that we hated, but many of us now look back and see were necessarily for keeping the world from becoming an Emo zone, like many WOW servers are.

The design document from WOW is 3/5 EQ, 1/5 DAOC and a dash of Diablo. It's nice, but trying to say its revolutionary or anything, like EQ, is a misnomer.

Unless one owns stock in Vivendi or Sony, I fail to grasp what's the big fucking deal with game dick waving. I don't, so I'll play whatever tickles my fancy for that day, be it WOW, EQ2, EQ, or Vanguard.

QFT
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Ouchyfish » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:19 pm

Tacks wrote:If you're going to talk shit about Game B then make sure it's the truth and not just some random shit slinging that Bobby Jo's cousin Rick told you while you were getting your mullet cut down at the barbershop.

hahahahaha..good shit right there..

:rofl:

To clarify, as if it matters, I have now begun to advance into the 40's and as I get closer to the 50's WoW is becoming a lot more interesting. I can say in my opinion WoW is much better than EQ because at least I can play WoW and advance in the game without having to be in a guild or sit and wait for shitty dippin PUGs.

Sure, EQ was soloable if you were worth a damn, which I apparently wasn't. WoW doesn't force me to play that way. EQ did.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Captain Insano » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:38 pm

I think WoW's a fantastic semi online RPG. It's like grouping in Diablo II. I wouldn't call it a full on MMOG by any stretch.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ouchyfish » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:18 pm

For the most part it feels like a console game with a chat ability. I think I have grouped maybe 3 times since I bought the game. I am sure this will change as I gain levels but I am really enjoying the fact that I am not FORCED to group (and/or depend on retarded fuckin pot smoking faggot assed teenagers) in order to progress in the game so far.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Kramer » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:43 pm

essentially just like Diablo 2....

I should know because I recently destroyed Baal, have I mentioned this.....

I am slayer Glenstorm MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:17 pm

boybutter wrote:essentially just like Diablo 2....

I should know because I recently destroyed Baal, have I mentioned this.....

I am slayer Glenstorm MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

compost the rich
    brinstar
    Cat Crew
    Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:24 pm

OuchyFish wrote:
    Tacks wrote:If you're going to talk shit about Game B then make sure it's the truth and not just some random shit slinging that Bobby Jo's cousin Rick told you while you were getting your mullet cut down at the barbershop.

hahahahaha..good shit right there..

:rofl:

To clarify, as if it matters, I have now begun to advance into the 40's and as I get closer to the 50's WoW is becoming a lot more interesting. I can say in my opinion WoW is much better than EQ because at least I can play WoW and advance in the game without having to be in a guild or sit and wait for shitty dippin PUGs.

Sure, EQ was soloable if you were worth a damn, which I apparently wasn't. WoW doesn't force me to play that way. EQ did.

So WoW is better because you sucked dick at EQ and can solo in WoW and not EQ? :rofl:
    Harrison
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Captain Insano » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:43 pm

I dunno maybe it's just me but the only thing that keeps me playing these games is the people... good, bad and interesting. I mean if it weren't for that I would just go buy the best RPG with the flashiest graphics. The people playing WoW are teenage bnet tards and taxx. Hell you can't even tell a PG 13 joke in general chat without getting your fucking account banned.

All I know is I had more fun in the last few days grouping with all the oldschool people here than in six months of off and on WoW.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Donnel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:23 pm

Fun is after all what all this is about.
    <a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
    Donnel
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby xKALECx » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:11 am

I have 2 60's in WoW, and a couple of more mid/higher lvl alts. I log in nowadays and just stare at my screen. What the fuck can I do tonight.....nothing. I'm equipped to the gills, pvp is a joke using "pug's", and who knows who the fuck is online since everyone has 76789 alt's. There just no damn community in WoW such as there was in EQ.

The thing is, I really want WoW to succeed. I love the lore and I think that for the most part it's a great product. But when a person completely new to the MMO scene can lvl to max lvl in a few weeks, and equip out in a few more, it's just too damn easy. That easiness will hurt WoW in the longrun UNLESS they can start rolling out a steady stream of high end content.
    Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
    xKALECx
    NT Disciple
    NT Disciple

Postby kaharthemad » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:54 am

captain_insano wrote: Hell you can't even tell a PG 13 joke in general chat without getting your fucking account banned.

Aint that the truth. I got a 1 week suspension because I told some kif that was begging he was a waste of sperm and he should take his wand stick it in his mouth and pull the trigger.

5 minutes later Daddy logs on and says I made him cry IRL. I offered to buy him 2 bottles of sleeping pills to help fix Jr's problem. I was banned the next day "For Offensive Abuse of a another player" Whatever that means.
    kaharthemad
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:22 am

I have to admit, I'm getting the itch to play EQ again

WoW I could walk away from, and never think about again

In terms of graphics, user interface, and how nicely it played on my system, WoW was a huge winner

But EQ was interesting, WoW was not
    Tikker
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Goose_Man » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:03 am

Log on man we'd be happy to have ya
    Goose_Man
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:52 am

A bunch of us are playing again
    How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
    Harrison
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:55 am

Yea, like, EQ is where the cool kids play.
    Zanchief
    Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo

Postby LostCause » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:02 pm

EQ is just to good of a game to ignore once you already played it imo
    LostCause
    NT Disciple
    NT Disciple

Postby Sorina S » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:22 pm

OS > all of WoW. I went to WoW expecting great things. The gameplay is more interesting, but the world you play in is pure shit. Blizz really missed the mark of whats interesting in EQ. But I don't think they really had the mature gamer in mind when they put it out.

Can't really blame them though. Over the years SoE made EQ so easy any monkey could play it. So the common wisdom became 'easy is good'...any real EQ player knows easy is boring. As much as we liked to complain about unbeatable encounters we went and beat em anyway. WoW is just so damn easy. It makes me sleepy just writing about it.
    God made man! But a monkey supplied the glue...
    Sorina S
    NT Disciple
    NT Disciple

Postby Captain Insano » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:17 pm

I would somewhat agree with you Sorina...

I think EQ has some paths that are WAY too easy like MM's. They are a joke.

But what EQ does still have is many extremely difficult encounters. The skies the limit on ultra difficult mobs to take down that still require highly skilled, large raid forces.

Wow was like: "oh look someone cleared MC.../fap /fap /fap uuuunnnngggh /squirt" Big deal.

EQ is a highly challenging game to this day with a ton of content. I agree some of the easy paths to level 70 should be eliminated, namely the monster missions.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Sorina S » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:30 pm

Absolutely!!! EQ1 owns WoW. Second worst mistake I ever made in my life was giving up EQ1 for WoW. First mistake was playing EQ. heh, nah you know I luv the drug~EQ1 was a hell of alot of fun, WoW just paled in comparison.

SS~
    God made man! But a monkey supplied the glue...
    Sorina S
    NT Disciple
    NT Disciple

Postby Ouchyfish » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:55 pm

Playing EQ1 is like riding a horse and buggy to work instead of driving your car. It is no longer a novelty and there are much better alternatives out there. It was the best mode of transportation and people raved about it until something better came along. (See also: VHS movies and music on cassette tapes)

It had it's time and was awesome but it's dead now and the only reason it still exists is that the coroner hasn't shown up yet to make it official.

Ouchyfish
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:48 pm

I find it amusing that the people comparing WOW endgame to EQ endgame never actually got to WOW's endgame, and certainly didn't have long experience at EQ's endgame...

Speaking as someone who has BOTH, I prefer WOW's endgame, by far.

-Arlos
    Arlos
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Arlos, you were at EQ's endgame when it wasn't worth a shit.

Get over yourself
    How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
    Harrison
    NT Legend
    NT Legend

Postby Sithos » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:55 am

Harrison, You didn't make it to endgame in either so your opinion isn't worth a shit.

Get over yourself
    Sithos
    NT Oldtimer
    NT Oldtimer

Postby Arlos » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:26 am

Lets see, I was at EQs endgame pre-expansions, for Kunark, Velious, Luclin and POP. For most of that, LOS was one of the top guilds in the entire game, including our own set of serverwide firsts. How many serverwide, or even server-specific firsts were you part of in that period? How many have you been part of from GoD and after?

ONE of us has experienced the high end raiding game in both MMOs as part of cutting edge guilds. One of us has never experienced any of that. Gee, I don't think it's too hard to tell which is which, eh?

Again, I repeat, having experienced BOTH games, WOW beats EQ, hands down.

Yes, leveling up in WOW is easier and lower risk than EQ. Post-max level encounter design, WOW beats EQ like a rented mule.

-Arlos
    Arlos
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

PreviousNext

Return to Rants and Flames