EQ PWNS WoW

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby brinstar » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:24 am

Sithos wrote:Harrison, You didn't make it to endgame in either so your opinion isn't worth a shit.

people have told him that dozens of times already but it has yet to sink in
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:23 pm

brinstar wrote:
Sithos wrote:Harrison, You didn't make it to endgame in either so your opinion isn't worth a shit.

I was in endgame EQ at several different points on several different characters, dickcheese.

I didn't start EQ until 2 months before Kunark. I went through PoP with Euphoria, and I was going through Velious RIGHT before Luclin came out as well. I hated luclin with a passion and quit shortly during the beginning of this expansion. This is when I made Finawin. Finawin was always in a guild one expansion behind the newest. I didn't have enough time to play like I did when I was living at home.

WoW...I was ahead of the game and quit it before the shitstorm got any worse. I need not comment on a game designed for children. I got to 56 or some shit and decided the torture of monotony doesn't need to continue.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:33 pm

brinstar wrote:

And where were you? Oh yeah, nowhere...ever.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tae-Bo » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:13 pm

ahead of the game rofl
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:31 pm

Finawin wrote:I was in endgame EQ at several different points on several different characters, dickcheese.

Lets tear this down point by point, shall we?

Finawin wrote:I didn't start EQ until 2 months before Kunark. I was going through Velious RIGHT before Luclin came out as well. I hated luclin with a passion and quit shortly during the beginning of this expansion.

OK, so you admit here to not being in the endgame pre-kunark, nor during Kunark either. If you were going through the endgame of Velious right before Luclin, you sure as hell weren't on the cutting edge, as Velious was complete farm status for the cutting edge guilds before Luclin hit. Oddly enough, the only guild that DID have Velious on farm status before SOL was us in LOS, with Remedy in 2nd, and I don't recall you being in either guild. Then, you said you quit when SOL hit. So, you weren't in EQ's endgame for pre-kunark, Kunark, Velious OR SOL. OK, then. Lets continue, shall we?

Finawin wrote:I went through PoP with Euphoria

Euphoria was *NEVER* cutting edge in POP. They were easily months behind the competant guilds.

Finawin wrote:Finawin was always in a guild one expansion behind the newest

OK, so, like, if you were always in a guild that was an expansion behind the newest, WHEN Exactly were you taking part in the cutting edge of EQ raiding? That's right, never.

Now, as for WOW...
Finawin wrote:I got to 56 or some shit

OK, so, since you only made it to 56 you never actually experienced ANY of WOW's raiding, ever, correct?

Now, I think we have taken this point by point. By you OWN admission, you have *NEVER* been part of a cutting edge EQ raiding guild, ever. Your knowledge of EQ raiding has always come on old crap where strats are already known, and you're doing it at best months, at worst expansions behind the real cutting edge guilds. As for WOW, you've never done ANY raiding, ever.

So, what the *FUCK* gives you ANY basis of competancy to proclaim EITHER game to have better raiding than the other, hmmmm? You know NOTHING about WOW raiding, you know ALMOST nothing about EQ raiding, and yet you're trying to come across as an expert? Sure, an expert at talking out your ass, maybe, but that comes as no surprise to anyone who reads NT.

Speaking as someone who *HAS* experienced cutting edge raids in BOTH games, I can categorically state that WOW has better encounter design than any I experienced in EQ.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:51 pm

What is your obsession with this"cutting edge"? Who in the flying fuck cares if you were in the "cutting edge" guild through the content? No one. Endgame is not defined by being in "the first guild to do X" buddy, sorry to tell you.

When I went through said content is generally irrelevent, unless we were all equipped with the next expansion's gear, which was generally not the case up until I slowed down my play-time and I stopped playing those other characters and went with Finawin solely.

The "cutting edge" guilds you so emphatically suck the e-peen of typically define those with entirely way too much free time on their hands and no lives (I.E. Mudcrush and pretty much all of Legacy up through PoP)

WoW is utter and complete crap, the sooner you learn this, the sooner you can get that sand out of your pre-teen vagina and drop the WoW cock from the lips.

Your e-peen is not that massive chief. Again, get over yourself. Anything you "accomplished" in WoW is paled in comparison to the fact that the game is one designed for those challenged by feats mere children might find impressive.

"I BEAT SESAME STREET FOR NES" would impress me more than anything you've EVER done in WoW, or ever will.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:23 pm

What is your obsession with this"cutting edge"? Who in the flying fuck cares if you were in the "cutting edge" guild through the content? No one. Endgame is not defined by being in "the first guild to do X" buddy, sorry to tell you.

That right there is a massive example of epeen envy if I ever did see it.

Quite the opposite Fin. Being in a "cutting edge" guild means you get to play less, but you have to play during a certain timeslot. I never had to level or farm gear or cash, so I never played, cept for the 3-4 hour raid time window at night. I played and put more time into EQ leveling up and farming loot pre raid guild than I ever did while raiding with CT.

The thing about people in "cutting edge" guilds, it's not that they have more time on their hands than you do, I mean, considering you were busy banging chicks and driving your cool car around...oh wait.., it's simply that they're better at EQ than you are. Simple as that. Not that that means anything, but that's just how it is. Using your posts as an example on this board though, most people here are better at RL than you are too. The cool thing about you is that, you may clown me, prove me wrong, make me look dumb, but I'll always win because all I have to do is remember that the person on the other end of your posts is a licenseless virgin who drives a forklift and that I sit behind a desk.
Jay

Postby numatu » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:57 pm

The "cutting edge" guilds you so emphatically suck the e-peen of typically define those with entirely way too much free time on their hands and no lives (I.E. Mudcrush and pretty much all of Legacy up through PoP)

Most people think that because the volume of content blown through would take 10 hours a week for the rest of the server.

Clearing NToV in 4 hours during Velious, and clearing everything else in Kunark, Velious in one sitting and not logging in until it spawned 4 days later was a common occurance. Meanwhile, many 'casual' people played 4 hours a day, every day, dying in Karnor's trains and still setting up camp at the zone line and wondering why they keep dying.
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby numatu » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:58 pm

double post - I meant "would take 10 hours a day for a week for the rest of the server."
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:43 pm

LOL Harrison is hilarious. This is like a critic reviewing a movie by saying "Yes, d00dz the new Star Trek movie tottaly pwns and blows away Star Wars in every way conceivable although I've never actually watched Star Wars but only heard what my third cousin's babysitter told me about it while I was stacking some blueberries on my Forklift".
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tuggan » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:52 pm

whats really funny is 110 posts of a buncha idiots arguing about which shitty online game is better.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gypsiyee » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:56 pm

Tacks wrote:LOL Harrison is hilarious. This is like a critic reviewing a movie by saying "Yes, d00dz the new Star Trek movie tottaly pwns and blows away Star Wars in every way conceivable although I've never actually watched Star Wars but only heard what my third cousin's babysitter told me about it while I was stacking some blueberries on my Forklift".

cranberries, not blueberries !

and I disagree on the better at EQ thing primarily because of.. well I won't mention names, but a vast majority of clerics who have raided high-end were not good, they just happened to be clerics who could (kinda) count to 10.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:06 am

Tacks wrote:LOL Harrison is hilarious. This is like a critic reviewing a movie by saying "Yes, d00dz the new Star Trek movie tottaly pwns and blows away Star Wars in every way conceivable although I've never actually watched Star Wars but only heard what my third cousin's babysitter told me about it while I was stacking some blueberries on my Forklift".

YEAH LOLZ YOU GOT ME

Shouldn't you be busy trolling Yahoo chat rooms for your next girlfriend?
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:49 am

Oh burn because I've never heard that one before my feelings are crushed.

I also love how out of all the posts here this was like my first one and you decided to totally ignore what Arlos had to say because you know it's true.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:58 am

Harrison wrote:
brinstar wrote:

And where were you? Oh yeah, nowhere...ever.

you're right. i don't have time to do MMORPG endgaming. but you also don't see me coming on here trashing something i know very little about. what's your excuse?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:20 am

hahaha. honestly i'd way rather be on the 'cutting edge' ... the closest i got was velious w/ crimson tempest b/c i think we were at least in the top five but i don't really remember b/c it was six years ago almost. we didn't get any firsts or anything, but it was fun killing stuff that other ppl were just hearing about for the first time, you know?

i wouldn't say it garners bragging rights because they're pretty stupid rights, but it's still fun.
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Aatrex » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:22 am

So wait Harrison doesn't have a license?
Aatrex
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Harrison » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:03 am

Tacks wrote:Oh burn because I've never heard that one before my feelings are crushed.

I also love how out of all the posts here this was like my first one and you decided to totally ignore what Arlos had to say because you know it's true.

Ignore? Like that post I have directly below his?

Holy fuck, you are stupid.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Insanityfair » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:18 am

Actually Taxx's mistake in saying you didn't post to Arlos was mine, and I'm sure that will teach him to just take my word for it when it's late and I've been drinking. Cause right, drinking gives me all the rights in the world to spew bs and make shit up.....right?! I mean we've all seen Finawin do it...so it must be okay!
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Adivina » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:45 am

OMG WE WERE FIRST GUILD TO KILL HAKKAR 2.0 HORDE SIDE (I dunno about alliance, I don't care about them)

Oh wait... Hakkar sucks and we did it just so we could say we did it first. I guess that kinda screws the point.

In reality I just wanted to post here and I had nothing to say....
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:58 pm

Insanityfair wrote:Actually Taxx's mistake in saying you didn't post to Arlos was mine, and I'm sure that will teach him to just take my word for it when it's late and I've been drinking. Cause right, drinking gives me all the rights in the world to spew bs and make shit up.....right?! I mean we've all seen Finawin do it...so it must be okay!

No, you're fine, that just makes Taxx twice the dumbass he already is.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:21 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:

cranberries, not blueberries !

and I disagree on the better at EQ thing primarily because of.. well I won't mention names, but a vast majority of clerics who have raided high-end were not good, they just happened to be clerics who could (kinda) count to 10.

That was me.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Harrison » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:26 pm

You're exempt, you're cool...
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:46 pm

AdivinaDarkfyre wrote:OMG WE WERE FIRST GUILD TO KILL HAKKAR 2.0 HORDE SIDE

btw, no
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Adivina » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:26 am

I was speaking of on Whisperwind (realized I didn't put it in, anyway I don't monitor other servers so I don't care or know anything about them) and yes we were thanks.

Don't fuck with me Mr. Taxx We most definetly were, come show me some proof of a horde guild on whisperwind killing him before us
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Rants and Flames