Let me be the first to say...

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Susvain » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:56 pm

Not to mention almost everytime you hear an artist talk about, yeah I worked with etc etc on the album, Kanyes name always shows up.
Susvain
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Eldred » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:12 pm

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's a shitty fucking rapper.
Eldred
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Ouchyfish » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:38 pm

They did the same fuckin thing with 50 cent. made the guy out to be some modern day Shakespeare or somethin.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Vincenti » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:40 pm

Eldred wrote:a shitty fucking rapper.
redundant statement. Shitty and Rapper should be (if they arent already) synonomous (sp?)
The object of life is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to come screaching in to the grave sidelong in a beatup wreck of a body, loudly proclaiming "WOW What a ride!"
Vincenti
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby mofish » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:15 pm

Oh well, me against the horde I guess. I like Kanye :dunno:
You were right Tikker. We suck.
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tadpole » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:16 pm

Kanye is alright. He doesn't even come close in my top ten best rappers category though.
Tadpole
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tuggan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:30 pm

lyion wrote:Word filter owns you. I've had enough kiddie racism, so deal with it.

Im typically not one for "censorship"... but its about time, thank you Lyion. It was getting fuckin ridiculous.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby mofish » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:31 pm

Tuggan wrote:
lyion wrote:Word filter owns you. I've had enough kiddie racism, so deal with it.

Im typically not one for "censorship"... but its about time, thank you Lyion. It was getting fuckin ridiculous.

Agree there too, good job.
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Let me be the first to say...

Postby brinstar » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:51 pm

Goose_Man wrote:You're a fucking clueless idiot if you think these guys didn't have talent, and talent in large quantity.

Im not saying you have to like their music (I don't) but I give them credit where credit is due.

But I forgot your band has made it big and you are a music guru.

thanks for jumping in, lieutenant cockdollar

i was mostly just giving ralf shit, obviously they have talent or they wouldn't be such huge stars. however, i do think there are more talented rappers out there than tupac and jay-z.

and besides, if "being in a band that makes it big" is a prerequisite for having opinions on music then none of us motherfuckers could say a single word. luckily, it's not.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby araby » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:53 pm

arlos wrote:Ralf, you should get a Sirius Satellite Radio system. > 100 channels of completely uncut music/news/talk/comedy. They've got a channel for just about every kind of music, pretty much. I got one of those systems for xmas, and I haven't listened to normal radio since.

-Arlos
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ouchyfish » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:16 pm

mofish wrote:
Tuggan wrote:

Hope the new board has a place where people can express themselves in non politically correct ways without humitarians of the year playing martyr.

Close it to visitors and sensitive humanitarians if ya have to.

:dunno:
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Phlegm » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:57 pm

brinstar wrote: obviously they have talent or they wouldn't be such huge stars.

Talent is not a prequisite to be a huge star.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Kramer » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:00 pm

true dat.

I think that Diggable Planets were some great lyricists.... people with half a brain
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby mofish » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:09 pm

Ouchyfish wrote:
    mofish wrote:
    Tuggan wrote:

Hope the new board has a place where people can express themselves in non politically correct ways without humitarians of the year playing martyr.

Or maybe you can realize not everyone is amused by the racist right-wing drivel that seems to overtake this message board from time to time.

Oh noes! I cant use the most racist offensive words I can think of all the time at will. My rights are being violated! :ugh:
    mofish
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby mofish » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:12 pm

Close the board off to visitors and people that disagree with you? Not the NT. But I think this url is available if you want to start your own 'community'

http://www.rightwingracists.org
    You were right Tikker. We suck.
    mofish
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Ouchyfish » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:29 pm

No jackass the forum not the whole board..

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
    Ouchyfish
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby Ouchyfish » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:30 pm

Like they did with the whorehouse, etc.

Ouchyfish
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby Ouchyfish » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:33 pm

mofish wrote:
    Ouchyfish wrote:
    mofish wrote:
    Tuggan wrote:

Or maybe you can realize not everyone is amused by the racist right-wing drivel that seems to overtake this message board from time to time.

Oh noes! I cant use the most racist offensive words I can think of all the time at will. My rights are being violated! :ugh:

I thought I had made it more than clear that my use of the word had nothing to do with race and everything to do with lifestyle. I can't speak for everyone but since you are targetting me you need to work on your motherfucking reading comprehension.
    Ouchyfish
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:35 pm

I'm against censorship, but at the same time when the moderated forums get to a point I feel its necessary to clean it up, I do.

If me deciding I want to filter a racial epithet makes you feel I'm being a board nazi, that's cool. You certainly won't be the first or last to say that, and I'm sure there's some truth to it. I don't try to make everyone happy, but keep the board fair and mostly habitable for everyone.
    What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
    C. S. Lewis
    Lyion
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ouchyfish » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:37 pm

Hey I'm over that, all i'm saying is don't label me a racist if I believe any race can be a n-word.

Ouchyfish
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby Ouchyfish » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:41 pm

I just find it funny that you can use every word in the English language except that one without the morality police going batshit though...but hey-your barbecue.

:ugh:

Ouchyfish
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby Goose_Man » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:34 pm

brinstar wrote:
    Goose_Man wrote:You're a fucking clueless idiot if you think these guys didn't have talent, and talent in large quantity.

Im not saying you have to like their music (I don't) but I give them credit where credit is due.

But I forgot your band has made it big and you are a music guru.

thanks for jumping in, lieutenant cockdollar

i was mostly just giving ralf shit, obviously they have talent or they wouldn't be such huge stars. however, i do think there are more talented rappers out there than tupac and jay-z.

and besides, if "being in a band that makes it big" is a prerequisite for having opinions on music then none of us motherfuckers could say a single word. luckily, it's not.

Pardon me sir but you do come across as Mr. Music Snob (with your pinky in the air) quite often so please forgive me if I jumped to conclusions.
    Goose_Man
    NT Patron
    NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:44 pm

yeah i'm aware that i come across that way sometimes, it's a character flaw i'm trying to work on ;\
    compost the rich
    brinstar
    Cat Crew
    Cat Crew

Postby araby » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:48 am

brinstar wrote:yeah i'm aware that i come across that way sometimes, it's a character flaw i'm trying to work on ;\

aw, this made me clap and go "yay!" (lolz)
    araby
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Croniz » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:16 pm

Regarding Kanye, I respect him as a producer. He tracks are very well produced and I believe he should credited accordingly.

The problem is - he is going outside of his realm of being a successful producer and trying to become an ARTIST.

Anyone with half a fucking brain knows he is horrible as an artist, he needs to stick to production, that which he does well.

Moreso, if you look at the bigger picture, it really is evidence that pop culture has brainwashed those that were previously dumb into now being fucking retarded.

Anyone who likes Kanye (as an artist), 50 Cent, that stupid fucking Laffy Taffy song, etc (I could go on and on) obviously has NO FUCKING CLUE ABOUT MUSIC.

I'm all for people having different preferences in music, and I welcome other peoples or DJs thoughts on music that I may not necessarily like or agree with. This all makes me a better DJ in the long run - the act of being able to appreciate other forms of music that I may not necessarily like, but I understand why people do and I respect that.

However, the fact of the matter is, with such shallow bullshit as artists like 50, Kanye, etc are putting out, I can confidently say that there should be absolutely NO reason that people should enjoy this bastardization of music. Anyone who actually likes these artists and their respective songs obviously has no fucking clue, has been brainwashed by pop culture, and/or is basing their opinions on what gets played on the radio every 5 minutes and what stupid drunken whores are dancing to at the trendy clubs.

This really makes me sick. It shows how shallow and warped people can become by exposure to this pop culture bullshit. I really hope people wise-up and realize just because MTV is feeding you this bullshit on a day-to-day basis, it doesn't mean you should accept it for what it is.
    Croniz
    NT Bixie
    NT Bixie

PreviousNext

Return to Rants and Flames