Damnit!

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Damnit!

Postby Markarado » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:03 am

Was nice and sunny out so I went down to the pool to tan. It fucking started raining... Fucking shit damnit fuck....
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:07 am

Tanning is for chicks and fags.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Markarado » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:51 am

If you say so. I look better with a tan... so why not tan?
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:01 am

Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Markarado » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:04 am

Oh poop~
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:15 am

SPF 45 cockblocks skin cancer cells.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:18 am

God hates people who tan.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Agrajag » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:23 am

Zanchief wrote:God hates people who tan.

What about people who inadvertantly get tan?
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:30 am

If they don't make an effort, he hates them too.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Darcler » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:47 am

My cousin just got skin cancer dug out of her back. She goes back in a couple weeks to get the ones from her stomach and chest.
She wore sunblock.

Have fun getting skin cancer!
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Narrock » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:34 am

I've been sunburned about 50 times in my life. When I was a kid growing up, we used to go camping/boating/skiing a lot. My mom always put "suntan lotion" on me, but I'd still end up getting burned a lot. I don't have skin cancer and probably never will get it. Skin cancer doesn't run in the family (which is a contributing factor). Just because you get sunburned doesn't mean it's going to turn into cancer. I would advise anybody though, to always put on sunblock if they're going to be out in the sun for any length of time.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:42 am

While different kinds of cancers run rampant in my family, skin cancer is a rare one. I think she might even be the first.
I just never have seen laying out a good idea, it's purposely putting yourself at risk, even with sunscreen.
I realize that anything can give you cancer these days (at least it seems) but laying out under the sun for hours is a real threat.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Darcler » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:44 am

Oh, and
Tossica wrote:Tanning is for chicks and fags.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Narrock » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:03 pm

I look better with a tan on my face because I'm so light complected, thanks to German parents.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:06 pm

I look better tanned as well. But because I have so much yellow in my skin, when I am pale (winter) I look sick.

I wish I had pink undertones instead of yellow.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Xaiveir » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:14 pm

Tanning without burning is the way to go! Its only proven that burning is what causes skin cancer, there is no research to prove that just tanning the skin causes skin cancer. Tanning can(and this is something that they dont tell you) can help PREVENT 23 other types of cancer! Including breast cancer, but they dont tell you that............
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Agrajag » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:16 pm

Any proof to that? I am too lazy to find the info myself.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Xaiveir » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:37 pm

I dont have time to dig up websites, but its from the Vitamin D that is produced from UV rays. Thats the short of it, when i get home ill post some articles on it. Articles that are not refuted at all, they just dont tell you the benefits of it. They are trying to save face, for years they have been saying to stay out of the sunlight, stay out of the sunlight. Now more and more benefits are coming out of it.

Im not saying you just sit outside everyday, moderation is key.

Also if you tan indoors you are 85% LESS likely to get a sunburn.........and sunburns cause skin cancer. So in a way tanning can help prevent skin cancer in a round about way.

Also people living at the equator (hotter sun, less shade options) have the lowest occurance of skin cancer FYI. Why? Because their skin has built up a tolerance from being in the sun all the time. Just some food for thought.
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gidan » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:46 pm

I wish I could tan. I have a very pale white with a tint of olive to my skin. If I go in the sun, I go bright red.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby 10sun » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:06 pm

I don't burn unless I do something crazy stupid like drive with my arm out the window for 12+ hours.

I don't wear sunscreen either. I usually have a nice farmer's tan going by the middle of the summer.

My aunt's husband on the otherhand had skin cancer on his nose and they had to remove it. He looked creepy for a while @@
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Snero » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:13 pm

http://www.skincancer.org/artificial/index.php

pretty good info about skin cancer
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Darcler » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:15 pm

gidan wrote:I wish I could tan. I have a very pale white with a tint of olive to my skin. If I go in the sun, I go bright red.

Hey X, tell Gid how to go out in the sun so he will go to the pool with us. Double plus bonus if you can get him out of his shirt. He's so hot without it and farmer's tans are ugly.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Xaiveir » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:43 pm

Snero wrote:http://www.skincancer.org/artificial/index.php

pretty good info about skin cancer

Its an interesting article for sure. However if you read it carefully there is alot of "Maybes" in it and no real proof. Unfortuanatly we may never know for sure one way or the other.

In that article it says that the indoor tanning salons claim that it is harmless, this is SOOOOOO far from the truth. The industry certainly does not claim this, they used to back in ooooooh 1998? Now the industry has turned to helping edjucate people on a choice for themselves. And there are health reasons that are beneficial from tanning.

In fact more and more dermatologits (sp?) are proscribing UV exposure to help with psoriasis among other skin problems. And there are afew "rogue" dermatologists that are saying that UV exposure is healthy in small doses, and are being shunned by other dermatologists.

Its hard to find the truth in all the propaganda that is spewed out. So here are acouple of facts.....FACT people that tan indoors are less likely to burn (the PROVEN way to get skin cancer). FACT tanning(UV exposure) produces Vitamin D that the human body does not get enough of on a daily basis. FACT the cancer societies have no definative proof or even anything close to proof that tanning causes skin cancer. FACT UV exposure helps stimulate the thyroid gland and can aid in weight reduction. FACT the indoor tanning association makes NO claim that tanning is not detrimental to the skin in some ways. In fact the detrimental aspect of it is mainly the aging and wrinkles that CAN be caused by UV rays. However indoor tanning lotion is very very advanced now that include skin firming and anti aging in most lotions.
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Xaiveir » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:48 pm

Darcler wrote:
gidan wrote:I wish I could tan. I have a very pale white with a tint of olive to my skin. If I go in the sun, I go bright red.

Hey X, tell Gid how to go out in the sun so he will go to the pool with us. Double plus bonus if you can get him out of his shirt. He's so hot without it and farmer's tans are ugly.

If he is very fair skinned go to a tanning salon, use the low intensity beds Gid. More and more Males are doing it now. Start at a low time maybe 4-5 minutes on a 20 minute bed. You may not feel like you recieved any results but rest assured you are. Tan slow so you dont burn thus reducing the possibility of that skin cancer. It may take you afew weeks of 3 times a week to achieve a decent tan, but chicks dig it man.
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Xaiveir » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:49 pm

Oh yeah and Gid get out in the fucking sun and go to the pool with Darc. And dont wear a shirt.....i want double points god damn it.
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Next

Return to Rants and Flames