Fuck the VA

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Fuck the VA

Postby Diekan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:11 am

What do you get when you dedicate several years of your life to the Divided States of Embrasement? - reduced benefits and a fucked up agency run by a bunch of dickless half wits to fucking stupid and incompetent to find a real.

I hate the VA... worthless bunch of halfwits. I hope they all die in fire car crashes.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

My dad is 63 and has been 100% disabled since the early 80's. He just got a letter in mail telling him that his benefits have been cut and that he needs to get a job to supplement his VA benefits. He has had 4 heart attacks in the last 6 years, has epilepsy and has about 40% movement in his right arm from having it blown off at the shoulder and reattached in Vietnam... Yeah... he's gonna find a great job, I'm sure.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:08 pm

And at the same time VA benefits are cut, the Republicans are making a huge push to repeal the estate tax, which only hits rich dead people passing on large sums to their offspring. Funny, I think supporting veterans, especially disabled veterans, should be rather higher on the priority scale than making sure that Spaulding Smails gets a bigger piece of daddy's pie.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby araby » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:12 pm

You'd think right? It's pretty sad to think of how many vets are schizoid/homeless freaks now also.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Markarado » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:43 pm

How the hell can they take away his benefits when they know his condition?
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby 10sun » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:11 pm

They don't care.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Donnel » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:43 am

The estate tax is wrong whether have alot to pass on or a little. Why is my dad taxed all through his life and then taxed again on the same money when he wants to pass it on to his kids when he dies?
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Insanityfair » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:01 am

araby wrote:You'd think right? It's pretty sad to think of how many vets are schizoid/homeless freaks now also.

Once down the street from my parents I picked up a hitchhiker (my own fault I know, but it was a nice quiet place at the time, we were all kind neighbors) who was out of gas and needed a ride to the gas station. I went to take him to the one a few miles away and he started yelling at me to drive him someplace else and the guy, I realized was either drunk or crazy because he had no idea where he was going. Was wearing army fatigues and everything, to this day no clue if he had a gun on him. Scariest experience ever and I'll never do it again. I did manage to get him home though, no physical harm done.
Turned out he was the next door neighbor to a college friend of mine growing up, the guy was schitzo and suffering shell shock (I think that's the right term) and had once shot her dog. I'm sure that guy is going to be working a great job as well... :ugh:
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:21 am

Donnel wrote:The estate tax is wrong whether have alot to pass on or a little. Why is my dad taxed all through his life and then taxed again on the same money when he wants to pass it on to his kids when he dies?

When someone who isn't you gives you money, it's earnings. Earnings are taxed, regardless of the payee and payor.

Generally, as long as your estate is under one million, you don't have to pay taxes on it.

Seems fair to me.

The VA is a crap organization, like everything the government runs. It does however receive ludicrous cash and has high overhead, like everything the government does.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Sentro » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:39 am

VA is a pretty worthless thing, every year your out of the military your medical inssurance goes up, to the point were it is worthless to have. the military itself is not bad but afterwords the way they treat injured soldiers these days is just sad
Sentro 65monk
Begum 62sham
Euphoria
Sentro
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Return to Rants and Flames