New H3 trailer

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby kaharthemad » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:43 pm

well before you start bitching at him for age...I did like the trailer I think it was well done..kinda a cool. Not real impressed with the halo series in general but the trailer was cool
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Naethyn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:47 pm

Halo is a fun game. I was a pc fanboi until I actually played through the game. It doesnt have near the accuracy/speed of PC FPS. The weapons are diverse and well tailored to the slow response times of a joystick. Over all, it is a very fun game and the storyline is great.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby DESX » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:56 pm

Tikker wrote:
DESX wrote:Eh owell doesn't matter who plays it really. Only FPS I find harder to be then halo atm and need a more skill is GOW.

halo's only hard because you have to use a joystick you fag

Jesus thank you guys for finaly doing what this thread was meant to do. Comment on the trailer and post your own opinions about it or other halo games. To bad tikker had to come here and shit it up.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Burgy99 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:00 pm

Yea Naethyn. I too was a PC fanboi at the time Halo 1 released. ( early Counter Strike days ) Regardless, I played the game and thought it was amazing. I had to force my CS buddies to play it, and they thought it was amazing as well. Alot of them being Cal-I players, so they definately don't suck at PC FPS.

For those of you that are just writing it off as bad because it's on a console, try it out. It takes alot of skill if you can get to the competitive ranking, and LAN's are a blast.
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Naethyn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:01 pm

DESX wrote:
Tikker wrote:
DESX wrote:Eh owell doesn't matter who plays it really. Only FPS I find harder to be then halo atm and need a more skill is GOW.

halo's only hard because you have to use a joystick you fag

Jesus thank you guys for finaly doing what this thread was meant to do. Comment on the trailer and post your own opinions about it or other halo games. To bad tikker had to come here and shit it up.

You sound surprised.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:04 pm

95% of the time, i prefer console gaming to PC gaming
but for FPS and MMO's console's just don't really compete

ps, I have played thru most of Halo1, and probably half way thru halo2 before I lost interest

I just really can't go from mouse/keyboard to a joystick for a FPS
(metroid for DS was much more intuitive as a shooter compared to halo)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:58 pm

I have been a FPS fan since the beginning and I rank Halo in the top 5 shooters ever. I loved it. In fact, it's one of the only FPS that I still pick up and play. The console learning curve is too steep for most PC gamers but once you get used to it, it's a blast and the game is almost perfectly tuned with the sluggish controls in mind.

Doom
Half Life
Halo
Quake
Duke Nukem

in that order.

Sequels don't count because they are generally more of the same.

Gears of War may work it's way in to the top 5 but it's too soon to tell.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:11 pm

There isn't a single Halo player as talented as Heaton.
Jay

Postby DESX » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:19 pm

Jay wrote:There isn't a single Halo player as talented as Heaton.

I saw some youtube video's of some kick ass halo 2 players. Fucker got perfect head shots while jumping from ledge to ledge and ALWAYS stuck their plasma grenades on someone. Doesn't matter if they would be jumping sideways falling down.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby DESX » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:24 pm

P.S. If anyone has GOW and wants to hit it up on X-box live pm me sometime.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Previous

Return to Rants and Flames