WoW Rant

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

WoW Rant

Postby Diekan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:26 pm

Hey why doesn't Blizzard just go ahead and change the name of the game to World of Huntercraft.

I realize many of the developers are former EQ players. My question is.... did those dipshits learn NOTHING from EQ in the area of class BALANCE? Fucking morons.

Druids.... nerfed.
Warriors... aren't needed for tanking anymore...
Preists.... do I really need to elaborate?

Ohh.. but Hunters?? Why nerf them? I mean being the most over powered class in the game to the point each server is practically dominated by them? Naw.... balancing the classes would make too much sense!!

My warrior is 45... dualing a couple of Stalvan's Reapers with haste enchanted gaunts... good plate around otherwise. Went with Fury build for the most part.

So I'm in Feathmoon solo'ing snakes... able to kill one MAYBE two at a time. Two warrior snakes requires I use retaliation... otherwise I get owned. See this level 43 Hunter come in and is able to solo THREE FUCKING SNAKES at the same time.

It's bullshit. The ONE thing those ex-EQ'ing moron developers SHOULD have gotten right... which was one the biggest gripes of EQ'ers throughout the game's hisotry - they completely fuck up.

What's the fucking point in investing time and effort into a class that is ultimately worthless?

Fucking Blizzard.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tacks » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:29 pm

You must not play the game very much.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Snero » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:32 pm

you also really don't want to just a class' worth based on the ability to solo level 43 mobs. (hunter damage also just got nerfed last patch)
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Lyion » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:03 pm

Prot warriors are the kings of raiding endgame, Diek.

Druids got slammed pretty hard with the nerfbat. We needed a minor adjustment, but I'm not sure why they bejesus pwned us. Your warrior gets a near monopoly on tanking after the next patch, unfortuantely due to Druids having crap threat generation.

We were decent in PVP, but not spectacular. We did tank easily, but based on my testing on PTR, we'll have a helluva time tanking after the patch.

I wish there was more class balancing going on and less ad hoc nerfs without any real idea what to expect.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:11 pm

You're overreacting. The druid nerf isn't really a big deal at all. I've talked a great deal with Dandelion (creater of DamageMeters) and he's not really worried about the patch after playing on PTR.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:14 pm

I'm really only concerned about holding aggro as a Feral tank. I'm not worried about PVP, since a druid healing, rooting, and cycloning is 100 times more effective.

However, my server is really short of tanks, and if I don't tank, I don't get groups.. and we haven't even touched Heroics yet.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:16 pm

I'm not talking about pvp either.

But really, if you wanted to tank why did you roll a healer class:P
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: WoW Rant

Postby Tikker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:21 pm

Diekan wrote:Hey why doesn't Blizzard just go ahead and change the name of the game to World of Huntercraft.

I realize many of the developers are former EQ players. My question is.... did those dipshits learn NOTHING from EQ in the area of class BALANCE? Fucking morons.

Druids.... nerfed.

Ohh.. but Hunters?? Why nerf them? I mean being the most over powered class in the game to the point each server is practically dominated by them? Naw.... balancing the classes would make too much sense!!

My warrior is 45... dualing a couple of Stalvan's Reapers with haste enchanted gaunts... good plate around otherwise. Went with Fury build for the most part.

So I'm in Feathmoon solo'ing snakes... able to kill one MAYBE two at a time. Two warrior snakes requires I use retaliation... otherwise I get owned. See this level 43 Hunter come in and is able to solo THREE FUCKING SNAKES at the same time.

It's bullshit. The ONE thing those ex-EQ'ing moron developers SHOULD have gotten right... which was one the biggest gripes of EQ'ers throughout the game's hisotry - they completely fuck up.

What's the fucking point in investing time and effort into a class that is ultimately worthless?

Fucking Blizzard.

n00b
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:54 pm

Hunters sucked hard while I was playing. Only thing they had on the up and up where one on one duels...

Glad to hear they arent totally useless/suck.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Arlos » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:38 pm

When you discuss tanking, don't forget that Paladins can actually tank now. I've tanked entire heroics, I've tanked Karazan, including bosses, etc. My tanking ability isn't getting touched in the patch either, except for the fact that I happen to have a Thunderfury, and will probably need to replace it. (OH NOEZ!)

There's really only a few cases where a warrior would be required over a paladin to tank something:

1) If Shield Wall is required. You're not tanking, say, Deathwalker without Shield Wall for the end, period. Thus, no pally is tanking that fight, no matter what.

2) Chain-silencing or mana-draining mobs. Since our aggro is so spell-dependent, if we're silenced or have no mana, we're not going to be able to hold aggro worth a damn.

Beyond those 2 cases, there's not much difference, to be honest. Plus, should we be up against a boss like Shade of Aran, where you dont' even need to tank him much, per ce, I can throw on my healing suit and be an extra healer in the group. I am by no means so foolish as to think Pallies are a DPS class, but we can tank just fine.

As for Diekan, he obviously hasn't been doing instances much yet. I'd love to see a hunter pet tank even something as simple as Stratholme, if done by a level-appropriate group. Sure, hunters are better at soloing outdoor mobs, but who in hell cares?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:52 pm

arlos wrote:When you discuss tanking, don't forget that Paladins can actually tank now.

For 99% of the people who read this board...no.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:54 pm

I wonder what Harrison's opinion on this is.
Jay

Postby Burgy99 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:24 pm

hunters at 60 2.0 were overpowered as shit, hunters at 70 are completely average.
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Harrison » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:46 am

I have no opinion on hunters. Well, besides I hate most of them because most are idiots. This I blame on the players however and not the class. If I am primarily healing and still out damaging you as a hunter, quit life.

For some reason I believe I got lucky on Maiev, it seems to be filled with power gamers who don't suck overall.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:01 am

Tacks wrote:I'm not talking about pvp either.

But really, if you wanted to tank why did you roll a healer class:P

I wanted versatility. If all Druids can do really well now is heal, why do we even have Bear, Cat, etc? It's just really bad balancing by Blizzard IMO.

We can still tank if Blizzard figures out how to fix our threat generation which is ass on PTR. I'm not holding out hope on that happening.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Alphonso » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:03 am

Two bad things about being a hunter, one is that the class is so over populated that you never get groups because there are so many tards, and the other is that your pets dps doesnt show up on anyone elses dps meter. I am always #1 in instances but im always 4th on peoples meters.
Alphonso
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Burgy99 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:03 am

Alphonso wrote:Two bad things about being a hunter, one is that the class is so over populated that you never get groups because there are so many tards, and the other is that your pets dps doesnt show up on anyone elses dps meter. I am always #1 in instances but im always 4th on peoples meters.

SW stats.
Burgy99
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Diekan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:59 am

Ok so my rant was a little over the top...

But you can't deny the class balancing of WoW is far worse than it ever was in EQ.

I refuse to group with hunters. As a lot of you have already mentioned - most of them are retards (and for the vast majority of them... WoW is the FIRST MMORPG they've ever played). Ok, so you add a first time experience with a multiplayer game with the fact that the hunter IS over powered as shit - and what you get is a mass of morons with zero understanding of the group concept.

The last straw for me was grouping with a hunter who refused to accept that he/she/it wasn't supposed to be puller / tank / dps... "but I can solo these!" Was the excuse the retard kept using. After 3 or 4 group deaths - I booted his ass and sinse have banned grouping with any hunter.

You want to curve the hunter overpopulation problem? Nerf them. Nerf them hard and I bet you see a massive reduction in hunter numbers.

I hate hunters.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tacks » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:59 am

Alphonso wrote:Two bad things about being a hunter, one is that the class is so over populated that you never get groups because there are so many tards, and the other is that your pets dps doesnt show up on anyone elses dps meter. I am always #1 in instances but im always 4th on peoples meters.

If you're getting "#1 in instances" as a hunter then you either 1) outgear the people you play with or 2) the people you play with really suck

Lyion:

You can still tank before the patch, you can also tank after the patch your threat generation is no worse than warriors are currently.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Alphonso » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:37 am

Ok, so you add a first time experience with a multiplayer game with the fact that the hunter IS over powered as shit

OP? 4th best pve raid dps at best, last choice for a class in 5mans. All they can do is solo and farm low instances..

I hate to see the post you make when you see a shadow priest killing 4-6 mobs at a time just by casting shadow word: pain, vampiric embrace and fear. ;p
Alphonso
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:09 am

Diekan wrote:Ok so my rant was a little over the top...

But you can't deny the class balancing of WoW is far worse than it ever was in EQ.

I refuse to group with hunters. As a lot of you have already mentioned - most of them are retards (and for the vast majority of them... WoW is the FIRST MMORPG they've ever played). Ok, so you add a first time experience with a multiplayer game with the fact that the hunter IS over powered as shit - and what you get is a mass of morons with zero understanding of the group concept.

The last straw for me was grouping with a hunter who refused to accept that he/she/it wasn't supposed to be puller / tank / dps... "but I can solo these!" Was the excuse the retard kept using. After 3 or 4 group deaths - I booted his ass and sinse have banned grouping with any hunter.

You want to curve the hunter overpopulation problem? Nerf them. Nerf them hard and I bet you see a massive reduction in hunter numbers.

I hate hunters.

You're asking for class balance on what you wrongfully perceive as class imbalance...how's that make sense?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:47 am

Alphonso wrote:I hate to see the post you make when you see a shadow priest killing 4-6 mobs at a time just by casting shadow word: pain, vampiric embrace and fear. ;p

^_^
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Soulslicer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:21 pm

I guess a 62 hunter solo'ing 4 61s with 2 extra adds during the fight doesn't tickle your fancy, either.
Soulslicer
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Arlos » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:01 pm

Hell, I could do that as a Paladin, easy. It'd be a cakewalk, honestly. Right now, at 70, I can go to the Path of Conquest in SMV, do a triple-pull of blood elves, get an immediate greater dimetrodon add, then during the fight get 2 more blood elf adds (including 1 being one of those chicken riders, so you really get 2 adds from 1 mob) AND one of those 69 elite Child of whoever rock giant adds. Does it take a bit of work and in-fight strategizing to do, sure, but it's still doable. So, don't think Hunters have some unique ability to do multiple mob fights.

Oh, and this quote:

Is just laughable. The class balance in WOW is infinitely superior to the class-balancing in EQ, and a lot of it has to do with the fact that there are far fewer classes, and so it's much easier to give each class its own "role." Take Monks in EQ, for a long time during Kunark and halfway through velious, we sucked ass for combat, period. Then, we got pretty good for a while into luclin, then came the nerf bat in POP. Combine the nerfs we took with the pulling enhancements given other classes, and suddenly there was no need whatsoever for having a single monk in a guild. Every role they could possibly perform could be done by other classes, and better.

Think about the roller coaster Necros went on: from godlike early on, to glorified mana rods who did nothing but pump mana to useful classes. Hell, think about how useless rogues were at first, before they got updated. Oh no, EQ was no paradigm of class balancing. They never once got it right for even the majority of classes, ever.

The thing you're missing with classes in WOW is that different classes are good at different things. Yes, Hunters are much better than warriors at soloing things outdoors. Even groups of things. Yay, whoopee. However, you show me one instance group that takes a hunter along to maintank for them. Go on, I'm waiting... Hell, hunters often times have hard times even getting in instance groups to begin with. Their pets can't tank for more than a few seconds in the harder instances, their DPS isn't as good as a mage or warlock, they don't provide any useful lasting buffs, etc. So, people take other classes. As a tanking warrior, your usefulness to a instance group is 100% assured, always. A group will ALWAYS need a tank, and there's only 2, maybe 3 classes that can do it, and 2 of those 3 need to be hardcore specced that way to do it right.

So, you don't see hunters bitching about warriors being better tanks, do you? So, quit bitching about stuff they're better at than you are.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:26 pm

Hey why doesn't Blizzard just go ahead and change the name of the game to World of Huntercraft.

Druids.... nerfed.

My warrior is 45

That's where I stopped reading.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Next

Return to Rants and Flames