WoW Rant

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Harrison » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:31 pm

I don't believe in the term "balance" as far as classes go and really never have for MMORPGs.

Anarchy Online was utterly destroyed by pvp bitching and complaining for "balance".

OMG WHY DID THAT SOLDIER OWN ME?!

Because you're a fucking doctor, not a ninja you imbecile!
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:19 pm

arlos wrote:Hell, I could do that as a Paladin, easy.

Once again Arlos, you're out of touch when it comes to the average player. I know what you and I can do and people in our guilds can do but that is not something 99% of the playing population can do.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:50 pm

Tacks wrote:If you're getting "#1 in instances" as a hunter then you either 1) outgear the people you play with or 2) the people you play with really suck

Lyion:

You can still tank before the patch, you can also tank after the patch your threat generation is no worse than warriors are currently.

Maybe, but my 5 man tests on PTR with friends have shown a heavy loss in threat. I can't speak for Warriors, as most seem to spec Arms/Fury, but with lacerate currently not working on 1/2 the mobs out there, swipe not generating aggro, and mangle getting a pretty hefty nerf, I'm not sure how we'll keep aggro in the tougher instances, and certainly not in Heroic.

Also, didn't warriors get their threat gen upgraded because it sucked?

I think Blizzard overnerfed Druids with this patch, in regards to our roles. Oomkin is weak. Feral now tanks mediocrely. The only thing we really excel at is healing, and that's not really acceptable to me.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:09 pm

lyion wrote:
I think Blizzard overnerfed Druids with this patch, in regards to our roles. Oomkin is weak. Feral now tanks mediocrely. The only thing we really excel at is healing, and that's not really acceptable to me.

I'm still having a hard time feeling bad for you. What other class does more than 1 thing that they "excel" at? Depending on your spec, you're good at 1 thing. At least druids, warriors and pallies can DECENTLY do 2 at the same time. Are you asking that you should be able to be top 2 dps and tanking at the same time? What other class can do that? Is that fair?

Rogue-dps
Shaman-dps or heal
Pally- heal or tank
Priest- dps or heal
Warlock- dps
Mage- dps
Warrior- tank or dps
Hunter- dps
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Eldred » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:39 am

Tacks wrote:
lyion wrote:

I'm still having a hard time feeling bad for you. What other class does more than 1 thing that they "excel" at? Depending on your spec, you're good at 1 thing. At least druids, warriors and pallies can DECENTLY do 2 at the same time. Are you asking that you should be able to be top 2 dps and tanking at the same time? What other class can do that? Is that fair?

Rogue-dps
Shaman-dps or heal
Pally- heal or tank
Priest- dps or heal
Warlock- dps
Mage- dps
Warrior- tank or dps
Hunter- dps

That's exactly right, I don't know why druids think they should be the best at everything your a hybrid plain and simple. Really your only losing like 12% armor and with how much you have it's about a 3% drop in damage mitigation. You all ready out heal priests in some cases, Bears still hit hard while prot warriors hit like bitches. And if your not tanking you can go cat and do very good dps. Your a hybrid class your supposed to be "decent" as a back up for a warrior / healer / damage. Now you are, if you wanna tank work harder.
Eldred
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Project DARC » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:31 am

The druid nerf was definitely not that bad. We use a druid in our tanking rotation with two prot warriors and it works out very well. His effective life is enormous compared to the two main prots and his threat generation is gains ground better, especially on short fights where snap aggro is important. While warriors may be a strong player in end game tanking, druids have their place and since they can fit into so many roles very well, your nerfs are marginalized at best. Wars got thunderclap in defensive stance and a bit more rage generation but it still doesnt compare to your threat / rage generation and to boot our aggro still doesnt scale for shit unless you are relying on massive +block to up shield slam and use that as your one snap aggro tool within a plethora of abilities.

The warrior buff really helped off tanks and dps wars for threat generation more than maintanks.

For continuity's sake here are the armories for those three players:

vate = http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#char ... jin&n=Vate
sehkmet = http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#char ... &n=Sehkmet
heffer = http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#char ... n&n=Heffer

ps. i forgot this board existed!
Project DARC
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Hylissa » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:29 am

Get off this board and back in ur cage ~!!
Hylissa
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:34 am

who's ur?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Project DARC » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:53 am

Hylissa wrote:Get off this board and back in ur cage ~!!

you're just mad because i like your icon.
Project DARC
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Hylissa » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:56 am

:lol:
Hylissa
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Bloodberri » Sun May 20, 2007 10:34 am

/Stalk Hylissa

Hey tacks wanna go camp Ragefire?
Bloodberri
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Jay » Mon May 21, 2007 12:13 pm

Funny how you net stalk a chick then you hit up Tacks to go hang out.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Mon May 21, 2007 4:58 pm

lyion wrote:
Tacks wrote:I'm not talking about pvp either.

But really, if you wanted to tank why did you roll a healer class:P

I wanted versatility. If all Druids can do really well now is heal, why do we even have Bear, Cat, etc? It's just really bad balancing by Blizzard IMO.

We can still tank if Blizzard figures out how to fix our threat generation which is ass on PTR. I'm not holding out hope on that happening.

blizzard hasn't been able to balance classes since diablo 2. you guys act surprised. they try to put multiple facets into one class so that when you're playing SINGLE PLAYER, almost anything will work granted you got the gear and lvls (like a summoning necromancer), but in multiplayer there's about one build per class that's actually useful (wind for druid, cold for sorc, etc.). you can take the other routes but at the end of the day at lvl 99 nothing's really that balanced and most skill trees for classes are useless because they plateau at lvl 30-50
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Mon May 21, 2007 5:38 pm

yeah i don't give a shit about druids
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Hylissa » Mon May 21, 2007 10:33 pm

Bloodberri wrote:/Stalk Hylissa

Hey BB! where you guys hanging out now? I can neva keep track of you and Aiyko >< Log on ZJ and say hi once in a while!
Hylissa
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Bloodberri » Tue May 22, 2007 1:24 am

Jay wrote:Funny how you net stalk a chick then you hit up Tacks to go hang out.

Are you serious? Tacks has a hawt female rogue!

Hylissa I don't play WoW anymore. Last server I was on was Horde Maiev.
Bloodberri
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Previous

Return to Rants and Flames