Back to the exp Grind!

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Back to the exp Grind!

Postby Diekan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:54 pm

Well, just put in an order for a new system (the parts that is): 4 gigs RAM, AMD 6400 (3gig Dual Core), 8800 GTX, 750 gig Seagate HD (7500 rpm)... so on. Should be getting the *box*in a couple of days now.

Been playing a ton of EQ II as of late and I've notice what seems to be a surge in the servers populations?

People finally getting sick of World of Retardcraft and coming back to a real game?

I tried the WoW thing, but I couldn't deal with it. After running into my 10th 9 year old level 70 (an exageration of course) I decided to call it quits and tell Blizzard where to shove it.

During a BG someone asked me about EQ (to compare the two games). I told them simply put... WoW was the bubble gum pop music of the gaming industry that is designed for ease of play. While EQ on the other hand is more like the Stone Temple Pilots of the industry. Not a huge huge following, but a solid, quality, good product you want to *use* over and over nonetheless.

I can't believe I actually played that game-of-gimps for as long as I did. The quests were a joke, leveling was retardedly easy, the so called "end game" is about as challenging as playing tic-tac-toe against yourself, the people are very defintion of "moron" - most of which armed with the personality of a mud pubble, classes are about as unbalanced as you can possilby imagine. You can literally point/click/attact/go afk/get up/go make a ham sandwich/come back - and do it all over again. The ONLY... I mean ONLY redeeming quality of World of Gimpcraft are the BG's - and even then you're forced to deal with shitheads and morons who haven't the first clue of what "team-work" is. And why? Because the game is so rediculously easy a nine year old can level to 70 - with no grouping required - I think you get the point. Worst of all - I all my years of gaming I have never, ever seen such stupid graphics for items in a game. Not just cartoony - but out right stupid.

I tried to believe that the game was simply different from the rest. That it was what it was. Intentionally easy. But, I couldn't.

Anyway - fuck Blizzard. Fuck WoW fanbois. Fuck World of Shitheadcraft.

EQ II is where it's at - at least for now.

I gave Vanguard a go, but without 40 terabyte of video memory it just wouldnt run right.

AoC looks pretty good though.

So, tell me - is there a small boom in the EQ II population?

By the way - weren't there a couple of LoS people who worked for Blizzard... wtf... how'd they allow such a shitastic product out on the public? Especially after having played EQ long enough to *know better?* LOL. - Don't answer that - I already know they probably little if any "final say."
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Re: Back to the exp Grind!

Postby Tikker » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:42 pm

you really are clueless about a lot of things~

I'm not a blizz fanboi, but with 7+ million subscribers they're obviously doing something right

I didn't like some of the stuff they did, but some things were brilliant

ps, the project lead was Ariel

Tigole and Daelomin were hugely responsible for MC and a bunch of the other instances

I stopped caring about when BWL came out, so no clue what they've done since then
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:46 pm

I can tell you what they've done since then. Rope in more noobs.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:56 pm

What server you on? :)
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Diekan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:09 am

OMG...

Tikker - let me ask you something, seriously. Do you even read the posts or do you just skim them and jump to conclusions? Do you do your best to find something in a post to flame with, and what do you do if you can't find anything? Make something up?

WWHHEERREE in my post did I say ANYTHING about not understanding WHY WoW is as popular as it is? Did you even read the post? If not they why reply? I said absolutely nothing on *why* World of Tikkercraft (that's not a compliment) is as popular as it is.

However, since you brought it up, sure I can talk about it. 7 million subscribers? Yeah, hey... Britney Spears sold a few million alblums too, but that doesn't mean her music didn't suck, now does it?

The popularity of World of Shitcraft has NOTHING to do with quality and everything to do with marketing and product placement.

It's a popular game because they sink a lot of money into advertising it. Whether it's some 30 year old virgin screaming, "There's no trucks in World of Warcraft!" ala the Toyota commercial, or Captain Kirk talking about the Shaman he most certainly doesn't play is irrelevent. The point is - mass marking of a product will lead to high volume of sales. Quality not necessarly a major factor.

IF Sony advertised EQ II via international TV - don't you think the servers would be full too? Of course they would. Why Sony wont ad? I don't know... I'm sure they have their reasons... But then again the company that is Sony hasn't made the best of choices in certain realms in the past either.

As for your boy Tigole... wow... did he has his head rammed completely up his own ass the whole time he played EQ? Lead developer and *that* was the best he could do? He was privvy to all the end game content of EQ and he obviously didn't learn anything. But, to give the man the benefit of a doubt, he may have had great ideas but was shut down by the MBAs above him... so whatever.

Learn to read dude and if all you want to do is try to find things to flame about - just don't post.

Yes, WoW IS a popular game - but that doesn't mean it's not a game for 9 year olds.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:55 am

I had a nice post all ready to go then I realized it's just Diekan whining
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Diekan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:31 am

THAT is the best you (NT's favorite troll) can come back with?

Couldn't you have at least just made SOMETHING up to flame about (you know, like you did in your first reply)?

I'm adding you to my NT /ignore moron list.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:12 am

awesome

feel free to stfu and leave like you promised long ago
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Diekan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:21 am

Hook, line and sinker.

Now run along and go play WoW with your little friends!

Ok - so now you go on /ignore.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:22 am

I do find it amusing to see grown men fight like children though.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Sithos » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:51 am

Harrison wrote:I do find it amusing to see grown men fight like children though.

Hello pot, meet kettle...
Sithos
NT Oldtimer
NT Oldtimer

Postby Diekan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:01 am

So anyway...

Back to the original question.

Am I mistaken in noticing what I see as a surge in the EQ 2 population?
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Tax refund time. People buy new computers and test out games they couldn't play before.

Answer my question now.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:45 am

whine whine whine

i play eq1. i dislike WoW for similar reasons as you. guess what? for every reason you hate the game, there's a ten million people that play it. different strokes for different folks. different strokes for different folks

play the game you like, enjoy it, and shut the fuck up
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:48 am

just wanted to add that if all the people you met were annoying jackasses it probably had something to do with you being an annoying jackass

there are plenty of talented, honest, hardworking players on WoW, but they don't like grouping with douchebags so you probably never met them
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Diekan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:54 am

Oh look Emo and Napolen Dynamite come here to flame.

Drem being the angsty little emo bitch he is, I'd have figured he'd have committed suicide by now to "show the world." Figured brin would have died of AIDS...

Still alive! Cong!
Last edited by Diekan on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby brinstar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:40 pm

thanks for proving my point, son
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:26 am

can't believe you don't realise i'm basically taking your side minus all the gay ranting. why am i emo, anyway? and why is he napoleon dynamite? what the fuck are you? varsity blues?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:24 am

uhh drem i believe he called me "neopolitan" dynamite

what a moron
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:39 pm

HAHAHA then he edited it like nobody can see when people edit things

nice
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:27 pm

and still managed to misspell it...
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:12 pm

unless he really MEANT neopolitan

although the only way he'd know i have three distinct flavors is by asking his mom
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Kramer » Mon May 05, 2008 1:03 pm

diekan is a noisy ranting child...... kind of like napoleon... without all the victory.
Mindia is seriously the greatest troll that has ever lived.
    Kramer
    NT Traveller
    NT Traveller

Postby Jay » Wed May 07, 2008 10:49 am

I think WoW is a great game with a less than desireable customer base. There's good players in WoW like Brin said, but yeah, they hide or just stick to their own usual groups. WoW is like Journey. Great music, but most of their fans are beer swilling retards.

One major beef I have with the WoW playerbase is that no one is willing to rush in and try the new content without some sort of strategy guide or crazy mods that tell you what to do. Basically, it can't be done before Nihilum does it.
    leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
    Jay
    Nappy Headed Ho
    Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Wed May 07, 2008 11:06 am

You had the same thing in EQ though. People just didn't really try the content without strat guides, etc. So, yeah, certainly not until FOH/AL/LOS had done it. Plus, just look at the rancid hell Karnors was back in Kunark, cause you had a fuckton of clueless high level people who'd never set foot in a dungeon before. Easily as bad or worse than the situation with WOW players at L70, cause at least WOW players likely have done dungeons before, cause of questlines that had sent them there.

I will agree though about the good players sticking to regular groups. I know I don't look for PUGs for just about anything, really. Generally, I do fine in PUGs, but there's enough times where you have just those couple flaming retards that the group gets nowhere, that you're definitely influenced to stick to known quantities for anything difficult.

-Arlos
    Arlos
    Admin Abuse Squad
    Admin Abuse Squad

Next

Return to Rants and Flames