Nagi's fanbois thread

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Naginataka » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:49 pm

Ugzugz wrote:wtf... I guess I misread the website... I thought that this:

Horde and Alliance players are unable to group/party with each other, trade, create guilds, or even talk to each other unless both players have learned a common language.

meant that you couldn't do any of those things unless you had a common language. Damn dangling participles...

So, if this is the case, an Alliance character will NEVER group with, or guild with, a shaman character? How does this work for raiding? Two guilds working together?

It means you are screwed and everyone has to be the same faction.
VOTE FOR ME AS WORST PLAYER EVER!

http://www.worstofeq.com

The better the slander the better!!! Make fun of me for saying slander instead of libel!!!
Naginataka
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Langston » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:57 pm

I'm not "screwed" - it just means we have to plan ahead. Go back to your Fanboi Forum unless you're able to provide answers here.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:21 pm

Yeah instead we should let people group together who are bitter enemies and prance through meadows and daisies and tiger-lillies right?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Langston » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:17 pm

The idea of a storyline and factions must be foreign to Naginnashutup
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naginataka » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:21 pm

And I am in the fanboi forum,

See? I was right!

The better the slander the better!!! Make fun of me for saying slander instead of libel!!!
Naginataka
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Langston » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:26 pm

No, you're not right... but you *have* become the most fucking annoying person on this board. Why don't you just chill the fuck out already... go back to your game forums and stop trying to cause more stupid flame wars.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naginataka » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:27 pm

Ugzugz wrote:The idea of a storyline and factions must be foreign to Naginnashutup

The idea of poor game mechanics must be foriegn to WOW fanboys.

Naginataka
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Naginataka » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:29 pm

["I am a stoopid EQ2 fanboi. I am teh wins!"

Naginataka
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Langston » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:30 pm

Yeah, actually it is foreign to WoW players... because, you see, we're not experiencing them in WoW. We don't have the experience with it unlike what some are dealing with in the other games out there.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naginataka » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:34 pm

Ugzugz wrote:Yeah, actually it is foreign to WoW players... because, you see, we're not experiencing them in WoW. We don't have the experience with it unlike what some are dealing with in the other games out there.

From your post earlier

I'm not currently playing WoW

Well, speaking as a WOW player, you are wrong. Maybe when you become a wow player you can comment.

Why do you try to turn every critical post about flaws in WOW into a flamewar against other games? I know you want that sweet sweet WOW juice.

Naginataka
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tacks » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:35 pm

Actually, I just think he's jealous that his POS game is already flopping before release and WoW is getting so much attention.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:43 pm

Split. Keep on topic, please.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Langston » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:03 pm

I did play WoW... if only for 10 days. So drop to your knees and blow me, boy.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naginataka » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:10 pm

You seem pretty clueless about it.

Naginataka
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby chanteez » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:40 pm

horde and alliance can trade using the auction system in gaz....

Why would alliance need to group or talk with horde, if you want to talk to friend who isnt same faction, just make a character... defending your town and attacking other without understanding what other person is saying is a good thing, hard to have a flame fest when you dont talk same language...

Raiding... why would we in alliance need a shaman? or why would horde need a pally? 2 alliance guilds can raid np togeather. There are plenty of guilds in your faction to do so. that is the only diff between the two....

We raid quite simple without a shaman.

Communication.... my brothers, sister, and their friends are all going to play the same faction etc as myself, this is prearranged. If we want to play both, np, just make character add friends to friend list... you are told whenever friends pop on, for that faction. you can always mail your friend your new horde characters name as well so they know.
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Langston » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:27 pm

When I played, I played a Tauren Shaman. I did Tauren Shaman stuff. I didn't group - I played mostly solo (a few pickup groups) and did quests. I explored - but I never went to the Undead city. I crossed continents - but not there. I didn't try to hook up with anyone - I wanted to experience the game MY way to see whether *I* would like it - not if someone else could convince me to like it.

Did that make me "clueless" on a few issues such as grouping rules, guilding processes, and travel to places I never went? Sure it did - but it gave me a wealth of information about how the game would play FOR ME and my own determination into how well I would enjoy it.

You see? I think for myself.

You should try it some time.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Naginataka » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:55 pm

Well, if thinking for myself is going to make it so I am like you instead of like me, I will wait.

Seeing how everything I have said that you ahve ever challenged has resolved with me being 100% correct and you falling into a name calling fit, I think we can see that your thinking process is flawed.

Naginataka
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:26 pm

1st of all, these are all arguments of opinion, and as such you can't EVER be "right"

2nd of all, incompatibility between horde and alliance is one of the aspects i really LIKE about this game.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby vonkaar » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:42 pm

Ugzugz, you should have an especially acute sense of message-board trolls by now...

Thomas Jefferson wrote, "Don't feed the trolls."
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby The Kizzy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:43 pm

I thought that was Leroy Jefferson
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby numatu » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:51 pm

In EQ2, fractioning the player base into two camps that can't interact would eventually fail, since subscriptions fall out over time as players become accustomed to SoE faggishness. If WoW doesn't do this, it won't be an issue.
numatu
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby 10sun » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:49 am

I actually like the constant tension with the factions, coming across someone who is PvP flagged is a lot of fun.

Think of the Arena in EQ. You can chill out and do that anywhere pretty much. Luring people into The Fray. You don't lose any exp from it, corpse runs are generally short because of the way that graveyards/binds are handled...

Really its like playing against TW people in the arena because neither of you can really speak one another's language and you can only crudely communicate through the preset emotes.

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Arlos » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:09 am

I find it amusing that Naginasoefanboy is here claiming the horde/alliance split is some awful game mechanic, while at the same time maintaining that EQ2 is flawless. While I don't much like the fact that I can't at least talk to friends who are playing horde, it does make sense within the context of their game world and game lore that sets the backdrop for the game.

Meanwhile, how many different retarded design decisions have people here called EQ2 on? Yes, even people who've played it extensively?

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Rants and Flames