Rant about the LoS recruting thread here

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Tikker » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:08 pm

primal insect isnt too fun really either

we jabowned it tonight
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Of course we did

Postby Mudcrush Durtfeet » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:11 pm

It's nerfed so badly now.
A founding member of Legacy of Steel
Mudcrush Durtfeet
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Metranon » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:59 am

theres stuff to raid yeah but i dunno uqua and yxxta raid content, and ikkinz raids arent fun like they should be...the rush of winning antechamber of destruction raid is like, "yay, another weaker-than-elemental boss down after solving a bunch of lame boring puzzles and some slightly better than time quality loot"

not exactly the same thrill i felt the first time i killed other expansion mobs

there is plenty of challenging content in GoD too, like uqua, but somehow i find myself logging off after a lot of raids with a bad taste in my mouth
Metranon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tikker » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:02 am

GoD is a bit odd

I like that it's hard/challenging, but at the same time, i miss being able to just load up my shaman, and tool around and kill some stuff
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Derrict » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:44 am

Dethvegi wrote:
Metranon wrote:primal insect isnt too fun really either

Primal Insect even when it had it's broken ae was doable. The ae is fixed now to what it was supposed to be like however.

It never was difficult but forcing anyone but the MT to be in AE range blows unless you're a wizard or ranger. This was the first encounter I could honestly say I had to use a range fight; everything else is doable at max melee or timing the AEs. Yay for gimped fights, more +5hp regen / +5 ds augs for everyone.
Derrict
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Derrict » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:46 am

Metranon wrote:there is plenty of challenging content in GoD too, like uqua, but somehow i find myself logging off after a lot of raids with a bad taste in my mouth

Just to top it off, you spend hours of death in that piece of shit zone Uqua and first mob you kill that drop loots drops a fcking paladin weapon or a shitty INT prim/sec weapon even your dog wouldn't piss on.
Derrict
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Metranon » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:09 am

just not enough shit to do in GoD that isnt a pain in the ass
Metranon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Riddek » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:49 am

I like uqua, it offers challenge.

The only other real challenging mob we have seen so far they nerfed to shit, whether that was their origionaly design or not the primal are kind of all a joke now.
Riddek
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Epsonaga » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:59 pm

Many top guild losing people right now because this game is no longer fun. The Kod'Taz flags and collect items idea is VT key + PoP flag. The stupid design of Uqua and the loot from the mobs are complete sucked. ALSO, the Customer Service of SoE are controlled by 2 eight years old kids made many people sick about it( Where are the GMs?). Myself will also retire after the game card is end. I am heading WoW for my another warrior's life. :lol: ...
Epsonaga
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Jirig » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:02 pm

I like Uqua. It's hard and that's what makes it fun.

I also really like the Mindrider encounter in Yxtta.

Thus far, I haven't been disappointed in GoD. It's a fun expansion... it can be monotonous what with all the trials... but it's worth the effort. :)

BTW, I never knew who Ceno was until I checked out Tikker's link. :\
Jirig
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Derrict » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:07 pm

Riddek wrote:I like uqua, it offers challenge.

The only other real challenging mob we have seen so far they nerfed to shit, whether that was their origionaly design or not the primal are kind of all a joke now.

Ikkinz 3/4 were finally tuned to what they should be, though the time spent in there is weak for the loot you get in return, considering the first few drops you've already seen about 24 times. How many fcking rangers do the developers think the guild has to warrant such a high drop rate. On top of the ranger weapons, at least the shield and mantle is decent but twinks will start to get them quick.
Derrict
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Trojaneyez » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:56 pm

Drink a cup of water lay down try not to let the room spin and pass out .. keep 2 beers from the nite before, and just get up drink those 2 and you feel like a million bucks, or just drink so long you feel sober and it's noon the next day. That's how i get through 40 hours of solid EQ just keep a continous supply of beer next to you
Life is a game you'll eventually die

65 Cleric of <A HREF="http://www.euphoriaguild.com">Euphoria</A>
Trojaneyez
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Riddek » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:57 pm

F rangers and rogues, wth is the warrior only leet weapons.... I would love to have a 1 hander with their kind of ratio.
Riddek
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Re: Legacy Of Steel will never die.

Postby DangerPaul » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:26 pm

Gargamellow wrote:Foolish mortals.
I would suspect it has a little to do with people trying the WoW beta PLUS the fact that GoD is fuckin' hard as fuck and there is strength in numbers. It isn't like they are in PoK shouting "Legacy of Steel now recruiting any fuckin' moron who needs a guild! plz send tell!!!" And if they were, I would soooooooooo jump right on that. Too bad both my characters have such shitty AA! (Sandiani has 34 and Sandirella has 33...ya I am lazy, so lick me already)
God I am so hungover. I drank a fuckload of Jack Daniels last night and reminded myself why I don't like to drink. Now I am sitting here with a bottle of water and a bucket. I haven't spewed yet, but if I must spew...I will spew in there.

SAY NO TO :boozer:

Take a whole bottle of Tylenol, followed by a quart of Everclear, then cleanse your head with a shiny new bullet.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Vascon » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:05 am

This is one of the lamest rants......
Vascon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Jirig » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:28 am

Riddek wrote:F rangers and rogues, wth is the warrior only leet weapons.... I would love to have a 1 hander with their kind of ratio.

Riddek's prayers answered... http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=66177

I know, Riddek. It might not be exactly the same ratio as say, the Darkglint... BUT... look at that proc, man. Total OWN... and word on the street is... it looks pimp! Like, the blade is surrounded by some weird red glow or something. :twisted:
Jirig
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Aatrex » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:30 am

Like warrior epic glow?
Aatrex
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Jirig » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:18 am

TOTALLY! :)
Jirig
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Riddek » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:45 pm

The force is strong, but not that strong.
Riddek
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Bloxr Fatso » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:22 pm

Menlaan wrote:
Ugzugz wrote:Ceno (FoH) was probably the best known shaman (all servers). He recently retired however.

Ceno retired in an awesome way too... check out this thread with a screenshot of his final camp: http://forums.interealms.com/shaman/sho ... adid=20453

Menlaan

Love the fact he found a reasonable surname before calling it :)
Elder Bloxr Fatso
Euphoria
"Killing for Peace is like Screwing for Virginity"
Bloxr Fatso
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Simollardes » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:56 pm

Metranon wrote: winning antechamber of destruction raid is like, "yay, another weaker-than-elemental boss down after solving a bunch of lame boring puzzles and some slightly better than time quality loot"

\

as opposed to yay we just killed grummus with worse then VT loot that my fucking twink wouldnt loot

the fact that theres decent filler loot out already in GoD is nice... but like ... ya its pretty fucking boring that we are what? like 3 months into the expansion and have been in the same spot for like 2 1/2 months of it.

We tried uqua before any of the ikkniz raid trials, and until its patched its not alllll that much different, if people didn't have other shit to be doing they would have been at that spot in uqua first month.... its like, hi can we move on with this motherfucking expansion
Simollardes
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tuggan » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:05 pm

gasp! the horror. cant blow through an expansion in 2 weeks after release... FUCK THAT SHIT MAN, I QUIT.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:52 pm

It has nothing to do with blowing through an expansion at all. It's being at a standstill and not getting anywhere for almost 2 months. The ikkinz trials are trivial now with no sign of progression coming from them at all. If it's going to be a progressive type expansion like PoP was, where you actually have to do xx to get to xx, actually moving somewhere as a result of finishing a step would be nice.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Previous

Return to Rants and Flames