Miffled - my take on eq2 and question.

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Miffled - my take on eq2 and question.

Postby Sirens » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:05 pm

All in all eq2 is still fun and dandy....but...

I kinda dislike the many tanks that think they are tanks and tank anything they spot....guess the kid is having fun....is "fun" to see them take immidiate offense if i ask them to not play god and let the real tank in group tank.

I very much dislike the kinda behavior i see in PU groups...lots of people are not going to commit more than whatever it takes to kill x number of their quets mob and they are gone...jerks.

What i miss so far..even though im just a lowly poor equipped cleric on Mistmore are the commited xp groups....but i guess ill have yet to see.

Question:
Being a cleric and planning on that way..i need to know...does all "tanks" have ability to take / gather agro.

but all in all eq2 > eq1.

btw if youre not into tradeskills...youre gonna go nuts if you join a tradeskilling focused guild...sigh
Sirensoft Namelessong
66 Cleric 70 Bard 600 AAA all in all
A Resident of The Nameless since dec. 1999

"If all Zips are Zoodles, and all Zoodles are Zonkers, then all Zips are definitely Zonkers."
Sirens
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Donnel » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:57 pm

All tanks should have the ability to tank/gather aggro.

Fighter, Warrior, Brawler, Crusader, Guardian, Berserker, Monk, Bruiser, Paladin, Shadowknight

There has been some debate as to brawlers tankability, but from the brawlers (and monks) I've been around it's split 50/50
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Sirens » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:08 pm

Thank you Donnel
Sirensoft Namelessong

"If all Zips are Zoodles, and all Zoodles are Zonkers, then all Zips are definitely Zonkers."
Sirens
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Sirens » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:21 am

forgot to add..

With a ATI9800 XT and kid next door overclocking "it"...I run fullscreen with any and all option at highest setting.. though im only running in 1280x768 "widescreen".

Absolutely an amazing experience graphicswise....simply stunning...to say the least. I dont experience anything but very very minor lag and thats only in primetime i get a spike once or twice and only in cities... But since i tend to avoid those and usually camp out at the choosen exp place i dont have troubles .. may see later in midgame endgame from 4 group ( or was it 3 group raiding ).

To see the lightbeam from the lighthouse near Antonica / SouthQeynos gate....wow

Alot of people from everywhere..generally nice and easygoing ... ive meet people from Lineage, CoH , Eq1 and some more obscure worlds.

Btw ...got our butts handed on a plate in Blackburrow at lvl 10....now im going back for revenge soon :P

Is a pleasure to see a HO complete and a well behaved tank take the agro. Got my first Reactive Heal...makes clericing at my low level mmuch more bearable now.

Anyone know the difference on its reactive heals from adept I -> adept II and up ?...Percentage or levelbased ?
Sirensoft Namelessong

Sirens
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Donnel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:31 am

All skills have con levels just like mobs (and tradeskill recipes) on your hotkey bar, when you hold your mouse over it, it will highlight a color. What that seems to indicate is that the skill will continue to get better as you level. Sometimes getting an Apprentice III or Adept I or III will boost that con color up a notch to where it will start improving again as you level.

Most spell increases aren't statistically noticeable level by level, but my wife (also a cleric) says that her reactive heal at 20 is much better then it was at 12 by a very good margin.
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:29 am

I like that, as a crusader, I can be fighting a mob and cast my ward and have it go thru the mob onto the person with aggro without having to switch targets. I hope Lay Hands does the same when I get it.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tanatus » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:16 pm

Sk and Paldin can tank in EQ2???? thats a news to me at lvl 26 at least....
Zerks rocks as tank, guardians doing ok, dridge and troubadurs can step in for tanking if shit hit fan but SK? you gota be kidding me. Paladins requie have 2 healer in group plus enchanter. I mean they ok as a secondary tanks but as MT ... they take nap from any mobs that barely 5-6 lvl above them (which mean lvl 28 zerk can tank lvl 34 mob with single healer and lvl 28 paladin cannt)
Tanatus
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Donnel » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:32 pm

Dirge and Troubadour are scouts

Scout != tank

The SK's and Paladins I hang out with tank just fine.

THE "premier" tank in EQ2 is doing... ok?

You sir are looking in the wrong places or grouped with the wrong people.
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby runamonk » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:54 pm

Donnel wrote:All tanks should have the ability to tank/gather aggro.

Fighter, Warrior, Brawler, Crusader, Guardian, Berserker, Monk, Bruiser, Paladin, Shadowknight

There has been some debate as to brawlers tankability, but from the brawlers (and monks) I've been around it's split 50/50

Currently the Brawlers/bruisers have a problem tanking some of the bigger stuff because deflection is broken for us (confirmed by Moorgard from SoE). This should be fixed pretty soon. After this fix it will help a great deal.
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Donnel » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:09 pm

That's good to hear. Since my origonal post stating 50/50, most of the good 50's I know have switched :(
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Coates » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:37 pm

I was only healer on the "Zek key boat" and a 26 Pally was the only tank.
We actually did fine.....so ya Pally's can tank.
Coates
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby runamonk » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:15 pm

Tanatus wrote:Sk and Paldin can tank in EQ2???? thats a news to me at lvl 26 at least....
Zerks rocks as tank, guardians doing ok, dridge and troubadurs can step in for tanking if shit hit fan but SK? you gota be kidding me. Paladins requie have 2 healer in group plus enchanter. I mean they ok as a secondary tanks but as MT ... they take nap from any mobs that barely 5-6 lvl above them (which mean lvl 28 zerk can tank lvl 34 mob with single healer and lvl 28 paladin cannt)

We had a 25 sk MT'ing the other night all night in Nek forest pulling all kinds of stuff. Perhaps it's time to upgrade your gear or start grouping with good healers hehe. :)
-
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby runamonk » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:18 pm

Donnel wrote:That's good to hear. Since my origonal post stating 50/50, most of the good 50's I know have switched :(

Yeah alot of folks actually thought we were going to be serious tanks. I expected what I got when I started my Bruiser. I excepted to be inbetween a tank and scout which is basically where we are at this point so I'm fairly happy with my toon right now.

It really matters who you're grouped with, wards + monks = awesome. Also matters how the healer plays, if the healer is just trying to do straight heals you're pretty much fucked. It's good to have a healer who likes to use the reactive heals there work awesome on the brawler/monk classes.

The only thing I wish I had (stupid) is another form to change into, would love a little illusion as my fun spell instead of the stupid kata. bleh
-
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Donnel » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:19 pm

I get to make women swoon.

Yippe.
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Return to Rants and Flames