EverQuest 2 package for WoW package...

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Tacks » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:37 pm

WoW was just too easy once you got the hang of it.

When did you ever get the hang of it? =P

Of course it was easy for you to kill the tough bosses. I ran you through dungeons that I was 20 levels too high for. Perhaps I ruined the game for you.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby chanteez » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:40 pm

Hmmm did you play the level 60 end of it?
Did you do the instances, try onyxia

have you tried any of the instances/raid stuff that was implimented after the fact?

What is your high end experience? in order to judge ease?

no big deal either way... just curious how you came to conclusion..
i know i found first 40 levels super easy in eq.
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Martrae » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:19 am

Preliminary account numbers for WoW and SoE are out.

Current reports are that EQII has between 150,000 and 200,000 subscribers.

Current reports are that WoW has between 200,000 and 250,000 subscribers.

http://www.mmogchart.com/
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:35 am

Don't think that's accurate at all. WoW supposedly sold 250,000 in 2 days. I know a lot of other people started after Black Friday also...probably the same for EQ2 as well.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:15 am

If I had to guess, I'd say EQ2 will sell about 200-300k, and WOW will sell close to 350-400k games in their first two months.

Sayonara DAOC, AC, and Horizons.....
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naginataka » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:15 am

Martrae wrote:Preliminary account numbers for WoW and SoE are out.

Current reports are that EQII has between 150,000 and 200,000 subscribers.

Current reports are that WoW has between 200,000 and 250,000 subscribers.

http://www.mmogchart.com/

The problem is that guy has been making up the data for a long long time. He used to admit on the site that his nubers were "guesses based on ads".

for example, SWG says "Hundreds of thousands of players" in an ad, he assigns 2-300k and calls it right.

Most of those games don't release numbers or have not released numbers in years.
VOTE FOR ME AS WORST PLAYER EVER!

http://www.worstofeq.com

The better the slander the better!!! Make fun of me for saying slander instead of libel!!!
Naginataka
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Martrae » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:39 am

SOURCES AND METHODS

Many people have asked about the sources of my data points, as they are not documented. I have considered doing so, but it is difficult to completely verify every data point on my chart. In fact, they sometimes change from version to version.

Most of the data comes from press releases from the companies themselves. Verant/Sony (EQ), Origin/EA (UO), and Mythic (DAoC) have been particularly good at doing this on a regular basis. Much of the rest of the data comes from news articles in a variety of industry magazines and web sites. I have tried to be careful to only select those reports that contain “official” numbers given in response to a reporter’s request for information, but in some cases they are estimates at best. Still other numbers have come from “off the record” numbers given to me by trusted insiders, or in less public forums like the MUD-Dev Mailing List. In a few cases where numbers seemed to conflict, I have picked the one that seemed the most reliable and which seemed to fit with the other data. The upshot of all this is that these numbers should not be taken as gospel. They represent the best research to date.

Despite all this, some people continue to question some of the numbers and so I’ve designed a simple, easy to understand ratings system for each MMOG I put on the chart. This rating gives the reader an idea of just how reliable the numbers shown on the graph are, and how much weight one should give them. The ratings are:

A – This indicates that the vast majority of the data points shown come from either official announcements by the companies involved or reliable inside sources. The numbers can be considered reliable, although a few of the data points may be incorrect.

B – This indicates that while some of the data points shown may be official, a substantial number come from press articles, unproven inside sources, or other indirect means. The numbers may not be exact for the MMOG in question, but are certainly in the ballpark.

C – This indicates that most or all of the data points provided are merely industry “best guesses” or are otherwise questionable. Usually, I will not chart MMOGs that rate C or lower. Their numbers should be taken with a large grain of salt.

D – This indicates that no data is available for this game at this time, but I expect to get something chart-worthy on it in the future.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:43 am

The only thing that matters is that your game is losing Naginataka...OHNOZ!
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Goose_Man » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:00 am

Hmmm did you play the level 60 end of it?
Did you do the instances, try onyxia

have you tried any of the instances/raid stuff that was implimented after the fact?

What is your high end experience? in order to judge ease?

no big deal either way... just curious how you came to conclusion..
i know i found first 40 levels super easy in eq.

Hey chill out.
Goose_Man
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby chanteez » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:10 pm

not angry or uptight at all, just curious :P

just wanted to know what you base your experience on.
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Naginataka » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:51 pm

Taxx wrote:The only thing that matters is that your game is losing Naginataka...OHNOZ!

Losing what? The Bnet easy gameplay market? I will play a game that loses in that race for quality any day.

The point is, the chart and that website have been wrong since it was made.
VOTE FOR ME AS WORST PLAYER EVER!

http://www.worstofeq.com

The better the slander the better!!! Make fun of me for saying slander instead of libel!!!
Naginataka
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby mofish » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:00 pm

Yeah, I love it when people point to sales figures to prove their product's superiority.

Guess how many records Britney Spears has sold? She must be one of the greatest artists in the history of mankind.
You were right Tikker. We suck.
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby chanteez » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:46 pm

Britney is very good at promoting herself, probably one of the best in music.. how else could someone with so little talent, do so well. Hell even when she isnt doing anything.. she is still in the news.
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Pike » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:47 pm

Yes, she's definately great at promoting her ass.
Fallen Crusader
Pike
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Harrison » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:52 pm

chanteez wrote:Britney is very good at promoting herself, probably one of the best in music.. how else could someone with so little talent, do so well. Hell even when she isnt doing anything.. she is still in the news.

...wow, just wow...
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby runamonk » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:04 pm

Diekan wrote:
EQ2 is for fucking nerds

I perfer my cartoons on TV... not in my video games.

bwahaha
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Previous

Return to Rants and Flames