Fucking servers are down AGAIN

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Fucking servers are down AGAIN

Postby Diekan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:04 pm

Does anyone else have that feeling of DV... from about 4 years ago when EQ 1 servers went down on a daily basis?

You'd think after FOUR fucking years they'd learn how to manager their piece of shit server system....

Either that or we're all just paying 15 bucks a month for access to a never ending beta. Fucking Sony
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby mofish » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:07 pm

Again? I have never once not been able to log into the game when Ive wanted to play. And I play almost daily. So, I guess I better not try to log in right now eh :)
You were right Tikker. We suck.
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Diekan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:16 pm

Fucking retards... I sware... nothing was "broken" they just found a few issues with some spells, skills, and a couple of other thing. It's not something that required them to shut the damn servers down on a FRIDAY night.

The same morons running a new game... nothing has changed.

Rather than just waiting till the end of the weekend, they decide to pull the plug at the beginning of the weekend... Sony logic hard at work.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby mofish » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:20 pm

Just read the downtime message. It looks pretty severe. They are going to do a rollback apparently to the 7am PST save. Glad I didnt play today hehe.
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lyion » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:21 pm

Really, I haven't had almost any missed playing time before today.

This is contrary to WOW, which crashes quite often.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Diekan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:42 pm

The servers go down on a daily basis at around 10am EST and stay down for an hour or more.

Now - we're starting to see the same shit we had to put up with in EQ 1 (remember the days of the TN being down for hours at a time?).

EQ or not - If this shit keeps up I am not going to continue paying for it. My X-box needs more attention anyway.

Seriously, Verant released a product that wasn't complete - and Sony has just continued the tradition, as it were.

The only reason we have to put with up with daily patches and crashing servers is because the damn game wasn't finished upon release, period. They were so afriad of *losing* to Blizzard they rushed the production and released early. Now instead of losing customers to Blizzard due to time release, now they're going to lose customers due to incompetence.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:47 pm

They've been down all day. Major database corruption or some such.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Diekan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:48 pm

Like I said... Deja Vu ala 1999...
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:50 pm

/shrug Even the best computers can get errors.

At least they've offered to absolve all xp debt as recompense. :lol:
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Diekan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:54 pm

Martrae wrote:/shrug Even the best computers can get errors.

At least they've offered to absolve all xp debt as recompense. :lol:

The difference is that was then... this is 5 years later - you'd think they'd have learned how to do it right by now...

I'm telling ya - this is just the start of the same shit we had to put up with then....

I'm giving them till the end of the month then pulling my account if they dont get their shit together. I am NOT going to put up with this again. Not when I am PAYING 15 dollars a month.

Anyway, the exp repayment is lame - it's great if you HAD a debt lol, but what those of us who don't?

Secondly, they're talking about a roll back... nice - I finished two quests (one requiring time in Stormhold) and leveled up to 19.5... that's all I need is to log back on at 18.

Anyway - trust me... this isn't a good start.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:58 pm

When did you do those quest?
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Diekan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:05 pm

I work a swing shift in a chem lab... this week I was on nights... soooo my play time is during the day.

I did the quests this morning at around 9 am. Logged in finished one, leveled up to 10% into 19, went and finished my Ranger title quest.... then went to Stormhold... got a group and completed one of the relic quests. Gated out and logged 1 minute before the servers went down.

So, not only will I be losing all that exp - the quests - I am now going to have to hope I can get a group like the one I had in the first place.... we did Stormhold with Druid as our healer... it was quit exciting to say the least. Not much chance of running into those guys again... if you know what I mean.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:07 pm

So this was before the patch this morning?

If so you should be alright. They said rollback would be to the point they patched today.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Diekan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:24 pm

check out the sony's web page.... as if it weren't slower than shit to begin with - now you can't get into anything with taking 5 minutes for a page to load.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:13 pm

I know....this has gone beyond ridiculous right to incompentence.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby mofish » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:17 pm

Yep, its been a long, long time. It must be a major, huge ass bug. Im sure they could roll back and get the servers up, but I bet they are trying to locate the source of the corruption and get it fixed. It sucks, but eh, whatever.

Too bad. I wanted to get 15th level on my troll summoner. IM DA SMARTERESTS TROLL EAVARAR
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Kaeerwen » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:26 pm

I heard that on test server, anytime someone does an HO the zone resets... I'd say there are some pretty major bugs.
"Jared's off the diet?!" a California woman said incredulously. "It's suicide for me!"
Kaeerwen
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby mofish » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:29 pm

They had problems with the HO in beta. They took it out of the game for weeks. They should just disalbe the HO on live servers and get them up and worry about fixing the bug on test :(
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Martrae » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:35 pm

Yeah, I saw someone mention that. All SoE said about it was thanx for the info it's helping us fix it.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:40 pm

you guys remember that one weekend where nameless ate it real hard? went down on a saturday, got fixed sunday night and they had to roll it back to friday afternoon
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Martrae » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:46 pm

I'm sensing a repeat performance.....
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Kaeerwen » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:05 pm

Oh boy, xp debt wipe and free time! I should've known better than to trust SOE again...

If there was any reason to believe this would be a one-time thing, everything would be gravy... but...
"Jared's off the diet?!" a California woman said incredulously. "It's suicide for me!"
Kaeerwen
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby runamonk » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:59 pm

brinstar wrote:you guys remember that one weekend where nameless ate it real hard? went down on a saturday, got fixed sunday night and they had to roll it back to friday afternoon

Yup that was some crazy ass shit. Ah the good old days hehe.
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Diekan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:36 am

Ohh this isn't going to be a *one time* thing you can bank on that.

I say remove the HO as an option... It's really not worth it if you ask me. Sure, it gives you a few extra damage points now and then, but really... does it make that much of a difference? I've used it soloing and I've intentionally not used it during soloing - and guess what? Nothing different... takes the same amount of power and time to kill the mob. As for groups - I have yet to be in a group where someone didn't get out of sequence and ruin it. It's worthless and if it's causing problems should be removed.

I guess the Beta was so popular they decided to start charging for it! woohoo so how do you all like the EQ2 beta? Ohh wait this IS supposed to be the *real thing* /snicker.... ddeeeejjjjjaaaaa vvvvuuuuu
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:54 am

I'm hearing rumors now it was a disgruntled employee. They have a job opening for a Database Administrator posted Thursday.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Next

Return to Rants and Flames