Server Statistics in WoW

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Tacks » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:28 am

That's up to the reader.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:40 am

I do 6 census a day

3 horde, 3 alliance

one for each side at 7am

one for each side at 5pm

one for each side at midnight

Alliance:Horde ratios is always between 2:1 and 3:1

ALWAYS

A L W A Y S
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:47 am

Just as we have no proof that these numbers are 100% accurate, you have no proof they aren't. As long as the census are taken by both sides it is as accurate as you are going to get.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:56 am

Believe what you like.... it means nothing to me either way any more.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:11 am

I need an emoticon for...
fingers in ears ... > I'M NOT LISTENING! I'M NOT LISTENING! < fingers in ears
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:15 am

Is it me or does it seem that Ugzugz has some type of mental issue? or is he just 6 years old? or just trying to be an annoying devils advocate to grow his very small e-penis?

Ug you ever heard of statistics? I think people start learning stats in math class in grade 8 or 9..

If you actually take the chance to think about what the census provides, it gives an amazingly accurate picture of what is going on on a given server at a specific time. This accuracy is what's important. Who gives a shit about the people not playing, the census pulls data on who is playin at a given time and thats all that is important. If you argue that the stats are not valid because it's leaving out people not playing you are a moron sir, because in a game you only care about who is playing while you are on. If the census tells you there are 1000 horde and 3000 alliance then you have a 100% accurate count and ratio of 3:1 of who is playing NOW. If you contest that or "don't care anymore about it, then you sirs are MORONS. If the next day it's a ratio of 2:1 then so be it, that is the new stat for that day but the fact is that everyone is trying to show is that the allinace grossly outnumber people on a daily basis. We are on dynamic servers where the population changes every second. The stats will always change and no one can say that the stats they pulled yesterday are accurate nwo but one can say that the census they pulled yesterday at 9pm is 100% accurate for 9pm yesterday.

Freon
Last edited by Freon on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:16 am

ok Mindia
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:21 am

Freon wrote:Is it me or does it seem that Ugzugz has some type of mental issue? or is he just 6 years old? or just trying to be an annoying devils advocate to grow his very small e-penis?

Ug you ever heard of statistics? I think people start learning stats in math class in grade 8 or 9..

If you actually take the chance to think about what the census provides, it gives an amazingly accurate picture of what is going on on a given server at a specific time. This accuracy is what's important. Who gives a shit about the people not playing, the census pulls data on who is playin at a given time and thats all that is important. If you argue that the stats are not valid because it's leaving out people not playing you are a moron sir, because in a game you only care about who is playing while you are on. If the census tells you there are 1000 horde and 3000 alliance then you have a 100% accurate count and ratio of 3:1 of who is playing NOW. If you contest that or "don't care anymore about it, then you sirs are MORONS. If the next day it's a ratio of 2:1 then so be it, that is the new stat for that day but the fact is that everyone is trying to show is that the allinace grossly outnumber people on a daily basis. We are on dynamic servers where the population changes every second. The stats will always change and no on can say that the stats they pulled yesterday are accurate nwo but one can say that the census they pulled yesterday at 9pm is 100% accurate for 9pm yesterday.

Freon

Hey genius.... the census data we're talking about is that which is stored on the http://www.wowcensus.com website - not what you get in your window on your PC. Regardless the data is only correct on your PC for that instant in time... because tomorrow, someone who might have been eating dinner while you were doing your census on whatever little planet you and your tiny little brain occupy might be playing again... and low and behold! he's playing at the same time as you.... GOSH! Now that census you did yesterday isn't 100% accurate.

Get a fucking clue and keep to topics you understand... like how to throw money away and shovel shit out of your mouth.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:28 am

Funny part is that everyone thinks you are a incorrect on this and a flaming (pun is intended) moron Ug... So you insulting me is just flattering, since it's like a double negative.

First off Ug let me add extra spaces in between each word so you can read slower and it might get into your thick retarded dick sucking skull. Where does WoW census get it's stats from? Do they grow them on trees or do they get them the same way you and I get them by running server population scripts? That being said what they or you or I do with the stats will differ, if they compile that info well the stats will be even more statiscally accurate, if they don't the stats will only apply to a specific time and date. If you can't understand this sir then I hope to god you never work with numbers and if you do I feel damn sorry for the people that pay you.

Freon

PS.. I am sorry Ug but the extra spaces didn't work.. the board edited them out guess you will have to read at normal human speeds...
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Lyion » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:29 am

Hi Freon.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Langston » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:30 am

Did you even read the rest of this thread?

I swear you're a clueless fuck....
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:31 am

Hi Lyion!

How is EQ2?

WoW rocks!!
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Lyion » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:33 am

I'm 25 in WOW on Draenor, and 31 in EQ2.

My WOW group are all in the 50s and my EQ2 group is all stuck in the early 20s...I'm kinda fux0red and bored.

You playing a Paladin again man? How's Whisperwind? My mage there is level 6.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:34 am

Here are your quotes wise man Ug...

Just realize one thing... the data on WowCensus is only as accurate as the dedication of the people taking the counts and sending them in.

In other words - the data is bullshit.

Taxx... listen... please.

If you have a very accurate reporting on your server due to a large number of people taking a large number of census reports... great. Your server data might be more accurate - but it is still NOT accurate.

On my server, the data is DEFINITELY not accurate.

If you're quoting realms-wide data saying "horde is outnumbered 3 to 1 by Alliance".. that is not an accurate assertion because at least the data from my server, and likely many many others, is NOT correct and those numbers are rolled up into what you're quoting.

It's really not that difficult of a concept to comprehend....

Let me illustrate:

About a week ago someone in my guild was talking about how on our server Horde outnumbers Alliance. I told him he was wrong. He told me *I* was wrong - because WoWCensus said he was right.

I logged off, went to my Alliance character and ran a new census. I uploaded the results (1047 new characters)... then told the guy to check the site again.

He was now wrong because WoW Census said he was wrong. He didn't reply to me.

Fact of the matter is that I shouldn't be able to login at some arbitrary time, take a census of the Alliance and find 1047 new characters (which, btw, increased the total Alliance count on the website by 800 - so only 247 had ever been reported by anyone else... where are those 3 Alliance census takers? Slack bastards...).

The data is NOT accurate... stop pretending that it is. I'm not arguing that there aren't more Alliance people overall... I'm quite sure there is. But to quote WoWCensus as an authoritative resources is just plain fucking laughable.

Question is.. Do you read your own posts Ug... Or does the shit just spew out of you naturaly? Guess your body can't tell it's mouth from you ass...
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:35 am

Playing an Undead healer Lyion.. Am lvl 58 right now!
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Lyion » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:37 am

Cool, I'm playing a Warrior. You're almost 60. I havent gamed much the last few weeks due to family invasion, work, and misc personal stuff.

I'm a bit irked at my Warrior. He levels solo at about 1/2 the speed of my pre talent Paladin in beta. I'm debating shelving him...
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby DangerPaul » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:43 am

Lyion wrote:Cool, I'm playing a Warrior. You're almost 60. I havent gamed much the last few weeks due to family invasion, work, and misc personal stuff.

I'm a bit irked at my Warrior. He levels solo at about 1/2 the speed of my pre talent Paladin in beta. I'm debating shelving him...

fucking quitter

Warriors are the most overpowered class in the game if you know how to play him. Damn, that was a stretch. yeah, warriors are slower soloing, but man they are so much fun.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:44 am

WoW Ug what's wrong, is your crap machine you call your mouth out of poop? Or is it just taking time to read your own posts. I guess it is hard to understand yourself.

/sigh

Freon
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby DangerPaul » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:46 am

Hi Freon, powerlevel me tonight. thanks
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:50 am

I would danger but i am still powerleveling myself =) Once I am done I will definately help as many people as I can.
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Lyion » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:56 am

I have two choices, solo or group with less than stellar players. Thus, playing my Warrior has been slow, as I prefer soloing and ignoring the people going apeshit or fighting over drops in their 20s.

I love my Warrior Paul, but since can't level fast and I'm solo, it's sucky and sucky.

I don't plan on playing hardcore, so its tough to find a set group that doesnt want to live in WOWland.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:10 pm

Ugzugz if you were looking for some rocket science mathematical wizardry to come out of the Wowcensus then I'm sorry I didn't argue that point. For that, you are correct. It isn't exact down to the .0000000000001%. The ONLY FUCKING THING people care about is when they play what are the stats? Every night I play and take a census I get the same stats give or take a few percent. THAT is what we're talking about, THAT is what is accurate. It NEVER (never) NEVER EVER EVER goes completely wacko and shows 2000 Horde and 200 Alliance. PS: NEVER.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Langston » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:24 pm

Freon - you're not worth talking at (yes I meant "at") - that's why I stopped responding. You're a waste of my time.

Taxx - if all you're looking for is "who's on right now?"... then great. You've got it. I'm looking for a bigger picture of realm and realms-wide statistics... and WoWCensus is falling short in that regard. Far short.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:36 pm

Ugzugz wrote:
Taxx - if all you're looking for is "who's on right now?"... then great. You've got it. I'm looking for a bigger picture of realm and realms-wide statistics... and WoWCensus is falling short in that regard. Far short.

Why do you care about realm-wide statistics? At the end of the day one side has a lot more players than the other, period. I've heard of maybe 3 servers that have almost equal population and those are servers where huge Horde guilds went and are now dominating them.

So honestly, what do you want to know? If Alliance players make up 68% or 68.8% of the population?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:24 pm

Thanks for doing me a favor Ug... I appreciate it very much. BTW maybe one day you will wake up and realize how dumb your arguments are and that you should just save yourself some grief by keeping your useless and contradicting opinions to yourself. Funny part about your comment about not “talking at” me is that most of the nameless community probably feels that way about you. Very few people wasted their time to prove you wrong. I just thought I owed something to the nameless community since I am new here. One more shot never hurts.

grats

Freon
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

PreviousNext

Return to Rants and Flames