AH Deposits

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Freon » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:54 am

I don't think you get the point (which is not a surprise). No one knows or cares about this pathetic problem of yours because most of us are actually trying to XP, explore and have fun, not deal with petty irrelevant issues. Oh and I can deal with the lack of electrical currents because my neuro-chemicals are doing the job just fine Einstein.
Freon
60 undead priest
The Nameless
Whisperwind Server
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Langston » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:56 am

Freon wrote:*more yap yap yap*

1) it's not a problem... it's a curiousity. Ever remember wondering HOW something works rather than which button to press to make it work? Ever tried to UNDERSTAND something rather than just accept it? One word for you, Freon: Baaa.

2) Read up on what the "nuero-chemcials" do before you try to act educated.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Freon » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:25 pm

1)I wonder how many things work, I just don't pollute message boards with every dumb question that pops into my head to get my post count up.

2)I think my Bio-Chem Baccalaureate will do me fine in regards to understanding the functionings of a brain. Here’s a little info for you Einstein, some neuro-chemicals in the brain are called electrochemicals that do carry “electrochemical signals”, however this signal or charge is in no way considered to be an electrical current YOU FUCKING MORON. Some neuro-chemicals are charged molecules that cross the gates from one synapses to another to pass on signals, you can read below the basics on the Neuron Structure and be happy you learned something.

Neuron Structure
Your brain is made of approximately 100-billion nerve cells, called neurons. Neurons have the amazing ability to gather and transmit electrochemical signals -- they are something like the gates and wires in a computer. Neurons share the same characteristics and have the same parts as other cells, but the electrochemical aspect lets them transmit signals over long distances (up to several feet or a few meters) and pass messages to each other.

Haha I love it when dumb people act smart... It makes my day..[/quote]
Last edited by Freon on Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby lareau » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:19 pm

Freon wrote:I don't think you get the point (which is not a surprise). No one knows or cares about this pathetic problem of yours because most of us are actually trying to XP, explore and have fun, not deal with petty irrelevant issues. Oh and I can deal with the lack of electrical currents because my neuro-chemicals are doing the job just fine Einstein.

Actually i found the topic kinda interesting. Now you're being the troll
Prowl GleamEdge from Nameless - EQ
lareau
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Freon » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:34 pm

Hi Lareau!

I am not usualy a troll, but stupid people piss me off, and it makes my rage reflex kick in.

And as interesting as the topic may be no ones seems to know or care enough to answer, so maybe Ug should take his question somewhere else to actually get an answer. If anything I am trying to help him in a sick saddistic kind of way.
:wink:
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Langston » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:46 pm

At least he only trolls this forum... there's some consolation in knowing that we won't have to listen to his bullshit in the others as well.

Oh and Freon - try this:

1) Highlight the following: *yap yap yap*
2) Press Ctrl-C
3) Click on Reply for the thread you wish to post a response to
4) Press Ctrl-V
5) Click Submit

That 5 step process will make your life so much more simple and will save you the trouble of actually having to type out your *yapping*.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Freon » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:53 pm

WoW Ug,

Thanks for another post void of complete intelligence. You could have saved face there by saying, “Damn Freon you were right about all that brain stuff. I am sorry for trying to make you look stupid but I am a 14 year old fat kid who has no friends and gets bullied all the time. I try to take my frustration out on people I don’t know by making fun of them here but I even fail at that. I hope you can understand and become my first friend?”

But I guess the loser cycle you are stuck in will continue.
Freon
60 undead priest
The Nameless
Whisperwind Server
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Langston » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:01 pm

Dude.. it's only 5 steps... need me to quote it for you? I figured you could at least follow them - I made them very simple for you.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Freon » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:02 pm

Sorry my electrical currents aren't working right now!!!

ROFL

:lol:
Freon
60 undead priest
The Nameless
Whisperwind Server
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Langston » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:06 pm

*sigh*... ok... here we go. I'm going to try to capitalize and bold the important words this time for you:

1) HIGHLIGHT the following: *yap yap yap*
2) Press CTRL-C
3) CLICK ON REPLY for the thread you wish to post a response to
4) Press CTRL-V
5) Click SUBMIT

Hope that helps!
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Freon » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 pm

Are your electrical currents working? Your brain seems to be skipping and repeating itself. Maybe you should see an electrician?
Freon
60 undead priest
The Nameless
Whisperwind Server
Freon
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Langston » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:49 pm

God damnit. Maybe I wasn't as clear as I meant to be.

Here:

I've added some explanation to each step for you. PLEASE read it carefully - I'm sure you'll begin to catch on. If you have any questions regarding any of the steps, please let me know! I'm here to help.

1) HIGHLIGHT the following: *yap yap yap*
"highlight" means you highlight the text "*yap yap yap*" with your cursor by left clicking once, holding the button down, and dragging it accross the entire length of the text you want to highlight. You can even practice that step as many times as you like till you get it right.

2) Press CTRL-C
AT THE SAME TIME, you need to press the "Ctrl" key (there are two of them - you can use either one suits you best) and the "c" key. If you need an explanation on where to find them on your keyboard - let me know!

3) CLICK ON REPLY for the thread you wish to post a response to
This step might be tricky... "Reply" is actually a button on the web page - not on your keyboard. EVERY thread has one, so you need to make sure you're on the right one.

4) Press CTRL-V
If you still remember step 2, this is VERY similar. Instead of pressing the "c", though, you need to press the "v" key. It's right next to the "c", for your convenience.

5) Click SUBMIT
[i]On the SAME WEBPAGE as where you're performing Step 4, you need to do this step. Don't go to another page and click a different Submit button. Only the Submit button on the page you did Step 4 on will work. If you have trouble, you might want to go through the entire 5 steps again till you feel confident you're still on the same page

Does that help?
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:11 pm

I thought idiots stopped coming here anew...I was wrong.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby WoWShaman » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:10 am

Ugzug.
Does my theory have no weight at all or am I simply ignored
Thanks.

Im done.
:vonk:
To all my freaks out there,
Holla if you hear me !
Big Bad Booty Shaman in the house!
WoWShaman
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Langston » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:12 am

OK - here's the way it works... after crunching some numbers and doing a little research, this seems to be the formula:

IF the item sells, doesn't matter if the auction closes after the duration has passed or if it's bought out, the deposit is refunded IN FULL to you. HOWEVER, there is a 5% cut taken from the sale.

Example:

Item for sale: 1g list. 3g buyout.
Item deposit: 25s
Item sells at buyout price, the money that arrives in your mailbox is: (3g * .95) + 25s or, in other words: 3g 10s

The "fee" is taken out of ONLY the sale price - not the sale price + refunded deposit.

If the item does not sell, you forfeit your deposit. We knew this already, of course.

For those of you who cared - feel free to double check this math on your next auctions. I would like to see if it can be corroborated.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Simollardes » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:46 pm

deposit is some % of what it would sell to a vendor (not sure what)

if your auction sells, you get 100% of your deposit back.... but the auctioneer takes 5% of the selling price

ex.

6silver deposit for stack of thick leather

i sell a stack of thick leather for 1g

i get 1g 1s back (95s from the 95% of selling price, 6s deposit back)

also, at gadgetzan, i think that bastard beardo charges 10% commision
Simollardes
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Simollardes » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:52 pm

oh hey, i didnt realize there were 2 pages to this, i feel smart
Simollardes
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Previous

Return to Rants and Flames