Fabled no more?

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Fabled no more?

Postby Niechze » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:49 pm

Anyone able to confirm if the fabled have ceased?
Niechze
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Zanathar » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:56 pm

There are currently none up anywhere and the Skeleton armies are gone from BBM and EC as well as Toxx...

So, I assume that the fabled were removed with no warning.

WTG: Verant!
Zanathar
The Nuking Skeleton
WoW
I helped :ban: Mindia!!!! Too bad he is back...
Zanathar
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tadpole » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:58 pm

oh nos
Tadpole
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Thunndarr » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:00 pm

the warning came when the fabled items were put into the game by basically saying it was for a very limited time only.
Thunndarr
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanathar » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:16 am

Ahh, yes.

They were only supposed to go until the 15th, but were left in. They took them out on a Satruday Night.

While I will agree they were for a limited time, they did it with NO WARNING so that people were sitting in camps all of Sunday waiting for Fabled to Spawn.. that were never going to. You see, they stealth nerfed it. No warning. Hell, there were other things people could have been doing on a Sunday then to wait at a camp where a Fabled would never spawn.

The decent thing to do would have been to give a warning about making the change on a Saturday night.
Zanathar
The Nuking Skeleton
WoW
Zanathar
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Langston » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:24 am

nerfed it

How is something "nerfed" when it was pre-announced it was only going to be active for a short time?
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Donnel » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:29 am

Morgreth wrote:Hell, there were other things people could have been doing on a Sunday then to wait at a camp where a Fabled would never spawn.

There were much better things they could have done the whole dang month.
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lueyen » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:32 am

I for one am glad they are gone. The fact that they were limited time spawns, and that they were going to be removed brought out the worst in people. Couple that with the fact that some of the items were changed after folks got them, and friends had more difficulty doing some quests because of the demand for these mobs, the whole thing just left a bad impression with me.

I will say I'll miss the rampant skellies, I even considered doing the "worthless cleric aa" turn undead just for these guys.... but I had better things to do.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Martrae » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:48 am

I'm glad the skellies are gone...they were a nuisance. Nothing like being mobbed by greens to make your evening brighter.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jennay » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:57 am

I figured they'd be gone by now. It was fun for the first week, then got old. You have to admit that was a pretty cool 5th year anniversary. I for one got a new kickass haste belt, FSSOY, a cool fireworks toy, and made at least a few acquaintences while camping the damn stuff :P
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanathar » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:50 pm

My Level 5 berserker got pimped out like no ones business.
Zanathar
The Nuking Skeleton
WoW
Zanathar
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Ciladan » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:04 pm

Donnel fucking beat me to it :(
Ciladan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:13 pm

Morgreth wrote:Ahh, yes.

They were only supposed to go until the 15th, but were left in. They took them out on a Satruday Night.

While I will agree they were for a limited time, they did it with NO WARNING so that people were sitting in camps all of Sunday waiting for Fabled to Spawn.. that were never going to. You see, they stealth nerfed it. No warning. Hell, there were other things people could have been doing on a Sunday then to wait at a camp where a Fabled would never spawn.

The decent thing to do would have been to give a warning about making the change on a Saturday night.

that makes me lol

waiting for godot
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Metranon » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:57 pm

have you been playing the same EQ i have for the last few years? ninja nerfs behind schedule for stuff like this have always been the rule rather than the exception
Metranon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Rithoros » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:36 am

I'm glad the skellies are gone...they were a nuisance. Nothing like being mobbed by greens to make your evening brighter.

I logged on my level 3 dwarf in BBM for some reason.. poor guy couldn't make it from crossroads to the PoK book before he died. =/

Beyond that I hated how everytime I sat down in some of these zones I'd instantly get popped back up by some god damn skeleton. ><

Oh but don't you worry..

Rampage.. + skeleton army = $$$$$
Rithoros
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:40 am

On a side note: are chardok B and sol C still active? When they went live they came with the same disclaimer of "use them now before they're gone!"
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby 10sun » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:49 am

Dunno about SolC, but ChardokB still is active very much so.

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Jennay » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:14 am

The first weekend had like 25+ people on each list, were there people still camping this shit till the end? I would have thought noone would be there.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lueyen » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:37 pm

Rampage.. + skeleton army = $$$$$

>< I would have liked to have watched that.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Hordace Coldfire » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:33 pm

WTG: Verant!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :facial:

On a side note, it's Sony, not Verant, Verant has been gone close to 4 years now I believe?
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=138953" target= "My_Shit">Hordace Coldfire</a>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118557" target="My_Shit">Balthamel Mysticwolf</a>
<a href="http://b3.ezboard.com/bsuntzuguilds" target= "My_Shit">Sun Tzu Guardians</a>
The Nameless
Hordace Coldfire
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Zanathar » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:31 am

Technically, there was never a "Verant" it was a company that was pretty much solely owned by Sony. Verant was created because Sony thought there might be negative connotations with associating themselves with a role playing game. When Brad and Co. (who were working for Sony at the time) pitched their idea to the bosses at Sony that was when the side venture of Verant was created.

Sony simply did away with the Verant name after Everquest became a huge success and Sony realized that they were losing publicity, they finally dropped the Verant name some time after Velious was released I believe (but I recall that was 2 years or so ago). But to be honest I dont remember the exact date.

So, when I say Verant or Sony when in reference to EQ they really are one and the same and have been since Verant was the primary name on the Boxes of Everquest.
Zanathar
The Nuking Skeleton
WoW
Zanathar
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Bitonthus » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:26 am

i dont see why ppl fukin complain about some thing so lame??????
Bitonthus
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

retard

Postby Aurind » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:22 am

Because you're a fucking retard bit.. that's why we complain. No, seriously... the fabled mobs kicked ass and dropped some damn nice loot. All you guys that don't think so, I'm only guessing are too lazy to camp for shit. I got some damn good fabled gear, the main thing I'ma miss is the fabled jboots. Wish they'd been up for a few more months... would have loved to have had them on my last 2 chars. Got them for all the rest. I'ma laugh if I see some of you in game while I'm wizzing by you.. HARHAR!

Aurind
Aurind
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tossica » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:31 am

"All you guys that don't think so, I'm only guessing are too lazy to camp for shit."

Yeah, that's right, I am too lazy to sit glued to my PC for days waiting for some pixels to appear.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:32 am

i dont see why ppl fukin complain about some thing so lame??????

Please stay off of the internet until at least 18 years of age.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Next

Return to Rants and Flames