More downtime!

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby brinstar » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:41 pm

way to poke into an intelligent discussion between two knowledgeable people with whiny anti-fanboi tripe and an oh-so-clever comment about small rodents
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:28 pm

Coming from the man with his oh-so-trendy cat avatar?

stfu.

Lyion wrote:They probably aren't on the same disk, but the individual instances are probably on the same server cluster for each WOW server.

That was my point. Not the same HD. I don't make much sense today. I'm burned out from partying :angel:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby chanteez » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:28 pm

"Chanteez, some of us are making observations about how Blizzard is doing. Try not taking it personally and acting like a big people, k? If you feel they are doing stellar, then just say so. If you can't handle others opinions on your gaming hobbies the Internet is not for you"

Actually you might find it hard to believe but.... I dont feel they are doing steller, but i also dont think comparing technology of eq with wow the same.

Unlike yourself i really dont need to act or be a "big" person, I am quite happy being who i am, and not having to prove myself to anyone, because in reality on the net who cares :P . If you seriously think that i take it personally i find you extremely funny, I just get a few quiet moments where i like to come read some pages to amuse myself at work, tho i find consistant whining about a game annoying (same as i did in eq)

Do I see it becoming perfect anytime soon? nope... do i care.. no... I have things i do on down time, and i get credited for it anyway. I do agree with some things you say in thread and ug, but as taxx said somewhere along the line... just quit...

saves us listening to constant whining about it
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tikker » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:52 pm

You really need to take that stick out of your ass~
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Langston » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:22 pm

Finawin - really... stop talking about things you don't understand.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby chanteez » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:50 pm

Tikk you are that stick so get out of it, you whine about same thing on los boards as here.

Its bad enuf that you use the legacy of steel name for a small non hardcore guild. Let alone that you are leading it
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby brinstar » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:54 pm

Harrison wrote:Coming from the man with his oh-so-trendy cat avatar?

stfu.

Lyion wrote:They probably aren't on the same disk, but the individual instances are probably on the same server cluster for each WOW server.

That was my point. Not the same HD. I don't make much sense today. I'm burned out from partying :angel:

trendy? you're an idiot.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby DangerPaul » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:06 pm

chanteez wrote:Tikk you are that stick so get out of it, you whine about same thing on los boards as here.

Its bad enuf that you use the legacy of steel name for a small non hardcore guild. Let alone that you are leading it

I would assume his years in the guild would allow it, but thats just me.
:dunno:
Weren't you invited into LoS at the end when all the talent left the game?
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby chanteez » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:23 pm

nah i was still there when ven ariel gand etc were all still there, i applied not long after pop expansion came out, after leaving vg. When Bzul still lead guild.

tikker wasnt there at the time, he was supposed to be retired (thus why i agreed to apply)

i applied to los simply because of friends there and ones that were coming with me.

No i wasnt the most talented enchanter, but i had a reputation that appealed to them. And really they didnt have to take me there were plenty of enchanters playing at that time.
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby DangerPaul » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:27 pm

I will then shut up :)

I thought you started with them long after PoP, and to be honest, I never grouped with you, from what I recall, so I was just stirring the pot.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby chanteez » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:28 pm

No other LOS would use the name because of what it signified. We have galiaan as one of leaders of Honorbound but we still wouldnt even consider it.

Tilric has some los who have way more time than tikker, but wouldnt take it because they felt the name belonged to a hardcore guild that would live up to the name.

Even the hardcore guild wouldnt use the name. No matter how many years they had in Legacy.
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:45 am

I had something to say, then changed my mind, it's not worth the effort
Last edited by Tikker on Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:52 am

We've got at least 1 pre-kunark LOS, (depending if you count Tork who only shows up rarely or not), and at least 2-3 Kunark-era LOS (including me, from just after Kunark opened), and we never even remotely seriously considered using the LOS name. Closest we were gonna get is just the "Legacy" part. And yeah, it does kind of bug me, making a "Legacy of Steel" guild that isn't a hardcore raiding guild, and has nothing whatsoever to do with most anyone who ever had a hand in building up the name in the first place.

You two may not resume your regularly scheduled pissing match at each other.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:58 am

Originally, we had no intentions of ever taking LoS

we were going to go back to our UO guild of Black Company, or the EQ version of Black templars

But when we were choosing servers we saw some random gimps had already picked Legacy of Steel

so when we finally decided on doomhammer, for a lark we put in LoS to see if it had been snagged yet (some people were going around picking all the uber guild names from EQ, SB, DAoC, etc)

When it was available, we went with it, figuring we had more right to it, than some random gimp

in a nutshell, that's how we ended up with it

Just on doomhammer i've run into Sanctuary, Eye of the Ages, SoV, and a couple others
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:14 am

Being Legacy of Steel is from the Dragonlance worlds, I'd hardly call it anything original, and besides, who cares what name a guild uses. If you take a name from one of the most popular fantasy series ever I don't think you can claim it or feign for its unqiueness.

Besides, it's not like any of you is Draed, who actually started and ran the guild. I seriously doubt he'd care at all if someone used the name. If he doesn't, why would you?

Hmm, my UO guild was the Black Company, too. There you go on originality.

Awesome book series.. My name ingame EQ was almost Croaker.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:59 am

haha, so it's your fault Jambone couldn't use that

Croaker was his main name in UO originally too
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:04 am

I created Croaker hour one of The Nameless. I parked him after a few levels and made Lyion.

I was Gothmog in The Black Company in UO on Napa Valley. I didnt use Croaker there.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby runamonk » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:13 am

Can we get a big pissing match between the old Sanctuary, FoW and LoS crews going?
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:32 am

Sure, all 3 of us that were around back then that still troll these boards.

How about a hearty fuck you to those who jumped ship to a better guild, screwing your guildmates and those who equipped you, to travel the quick and easy path fwith guilds that had insider information!

Fucking loser cheater scumbag no talent hacks. You are dogs, and you have no teeth!
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby runamonk » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:40 am

Lyion wrote:Sure, all 3 of us that were around back then that still troll these boards.

How about a hearty fuck you to those who jumped ship to a better guild, screwing your guildmates and those who equipped you, to travel the quick and easy path fwith guilds that had insider information!

Fucking loser cheater scumbag no talent hacks. You are dogs, and you have no teeth!

Amen!

All those times stealing our mobs too! Dirty bastards! Don't make me get the super secret ninja strike force on your ass! ;-)
-
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:41 am

i agree

and fuck you ebayers
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby runamonk » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:59 am

ah Bliss...
-
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:04 pm

Watch it, or you might find Cargalia "roaming" over your asses again!

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:06 pm

it's almost fishing season again
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby runamonk » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:33 pm

Bass fishing?
-