I JUST FINISHED SCREAMING AT MY COMPUTER

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

I JUST FINISHED SCREAMING AT MY COMPUTER

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:33 pm

.... and baby jesus cried.

That tears it... After this patch and one fresh re-install this POS game still isn't working... four re-installs total now.

Deleted my what the fuck folder, WDB and interface folders, reinstalled my network card and still can't get anything to work right.

I can run around in the game for about 30 seconds and then the rest of the world freezes on me while I run around like an idiot unable to do anything.

Jeffrey and Furor have failed all of us. This game is more of a shit sandwitch than EQ on launch day six months in. I blame this game for Terry Shiavo's vegtative condition.

I would continue with this rant but I'm going to let the uninstall finish and go cancel this fucking catastrophe of a mmog.

See everyone in Vanguard.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:49 pm

hahah my final post on the wow forumz:

Well I had high high hopes that this game would be the savior of the MMOG industry...

Having endured years of torment playing on the Nameless server in Everquest and dealing with one blow after the next from SOE, WoW was heralded as the great equalizer in this genre of games.

I have been sorely disappointed.

You guys at blizzard have had six months not including beta to unscrew your servers and the rampant bugs and glarifying lack of high end content that plague this game, yet after the last patch I still see ZERO improvement.

I have reinstalled WoW for the 4th time tonight to only be able to log on for 30 seconds before the world around me freezes and my character runs around unable to interact with anything in the environment. I have read the fixes for this bug and none work.

Every other game to include EQII, HL2, Doom etc run flawlessly on my brand new AlienWare rig except for WoW.

It has come to the point that along with all my friends I have cancelled my subscription. I highly suggest you as a company get it in gear before your playerbase runs off to greener pastures. It is only a matter of time before the rest of these BNET idiots fresh out of Diablo II move beyond fanboi status and cancel and you guys are out of players and out of jobs.

Jeffrey and Furor... You have failed us all.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:51 pm

How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:03 pm

Nah, do All Access! Battle Robots and PVP in space~
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Langston » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:03 pm

People that feel the need to post on the WoW boards that they've canceled their subscriptions shouldn't expect anyone to care - you've already canceled your subscription... what else are you gonna do? Besides cry about it, I mean...
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:05 pm

Ugzugz wrote:Blah fucking blah blah I don't care...I mean besides this long-winded paragraph explaining how much I don't care....errr...I'm better than you!!!
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Langston » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:08 pm

You have issues, Lumpy... Did you bump your head when you passed out and fell down the stairs?
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:15 pm

Check the forum, genius. Ranting on a rant forum, who'd a fuckin thought?

What's next, Captain Obvious?
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Langston » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:18 pm

Lyion - I'm talking about posting on the WoW forums - not this one.

*sigh*

I guess I have to spell it out for all of you fuckers....
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:35 pm

Ugzugz wrote:People that feel the need to post on the WoW boards that they've canceled their subscriptions shouldn't expect anyone to care - you've already canceled your subscription... what else are you gonna do? Besides cry about it, I mean...

Ah, thought you were bitching about posting here. Sorry, I surfed through your post and thought you were raning about here.

Sorry, I had a brief case of Rust.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Martrae » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:08 am

You need oiled!
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Captain Insano » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:10 am

I figure that my lil post on the wow forums along with the hundreds and hopefully soon thousands of others might just get these dumbshit companies to get their acts together.

I may check out planetside and go keel shit with you fuckers...

Let me ask you something about planetside.... Can you just jump into it and own stuff or are the battleranks/levels critical to success?

I am done with mmogs and boring single player games for the near future.... I will stick to instant gratification online FPS from here on out.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:18 am

it baffles me to hear about people's tech problems with WoW

aside from an occasional server outage and one or two post-patch speedbumps i have not had one single problem with this game since open beta-- and my comp does not even meet the minimum requirements on the box
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:15 am

You can kill stuff in PS from day one. Battle Ranks just add certs which make you more well rounded.

The training will get you to BR3.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:35 am

brinstar wrote:it baffles me to hear about people's tech problems with WoW

aside from an occasional server outage and one or two post-patch speedbumps i have not had one single problem with this game since open beta-- and my comp does not even meet the minimum requirements on the box
Zanchief

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:56 am

To be honest I never had any technical problems with WOW, except some daytime sessions where the servers were complete ass.

I'm wondering if a lot of the issues come from people on dial up. Also, I'd hate to be patching via BT with Dial up. It'd make a shitty process even worse.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Langston » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:45 am

brinstar wrote:it baffles me to hear about people's tech problems with WoW

I played WoW on my laptop - with 256MB of memory and a piece of shit 16MB video chipset. Besides some graphics lag in Orgrimmar, it was fine.

I'm just as baffled.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Captain Insano » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:57 am

I have a high end machine on broadband... my problem stems supposedly from the fact that some of the most common network interface cards ever created don't play well with the WoW servers.... The bottom line is that I will have get a new card and reinstall the game if I were to continue playing. Fuck that. Every other online game on the planet works fine cept for WoW.

As far as the few of you who have not dealt with the server issues I think you are in the minority. I can't even count how many times I haven't been able to login or have been frozen, disconnected you fucking name it. Fuck this game, fuck it in its stupid ass.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Rants and Flames