The most annoying thing about the HIP HOP culture

Everyone's Favorite H8 Playground. For EQ, WOW, EQ2, and any other game you want to gripe about
(UNMODERATED - within reason)

Moderator: Dictators in Training

The most annoying thing about the HIP HOP culture

Postby Ironfang » Mon May 09, 2005 8:47 am

After reading Ralpmacchio's posts (and go figure what he says annoys me), it reminded me of the ONE thing that really pisses me off in the black influenced hip-hop inner city culture:

The gratuitous insults to women and calling them "bitches" and "ho's".

How the hell can any woman be willing to be part of a culture that insults them on a daily basis?

I cannot see where the comments are a running joke like many insults (racist or not) get turned into. Everything I read/hear about this is just plain juvenile and insulting.

Aside from being an old fart, what am I missing that let this part of the culture become so "accepted" :wtf:
Ironfang
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Jennay » Mon May 09, 2005 10:29 am

I laugh when the guys wear their saggy clothes and hat covering their eyes.. grabbing thair crotch and rocking back and forth mumbling. I just wanna scream shut the fuck up, just stop it.. you're from the suburbs just like me!
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: The most annoying thing about the HIP HOP culture

Postby Captain Insano » Mon May 09, 2005 10:30 am

Ironfang wrote:After reading Ralpmacchio's posts (and go figure what he says annoys me), it reminded me of the ONE thing that really pisses me off in the black influenced hip-hop inner city culture:

How the hell can any woman be willing to be part of a culture that insults them on a daily basis?

I cannot see where the comments are a running joke like many insults (racist or not) get turned into. Everything I read/hear about this is just plain juvenile and insulting.

Aside from being an old fart, what am I missing that let this part of the culture become so "accepted" :wtf:

you missed the point that your an obnoxious stupid faggot.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby labbats » Mon May 09, 2005 10:44 am

Chill, yo.
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby Stabfase » Mon May 09, 2005 11:01 am

you're

:love:
Stabfase
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Location: billywitchdoctor.com. One Convenient Locations. In Africa.

Postby Tikker » Mon May 09, 2005 11:47 am

I just don't understand why peopl even like hip hop

it all sounds like shit
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Captain Insano » Mon May 09, 2005 12:11 pm

I don't like much of it... but 50 cent is pretty good. I like the guys drive. I know thats about the equivalent of being a linkin park fan but oh well.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Mon May 09, 2005 1:35 pm

The baggy clothes and tryin to look "hard" makes them look so outrageously stupid it's laughable.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Mon May 09, 2005 1:42 pm

Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Evermore » Mon May 09, 2005 3:21 pm

Hip Hop sux but :vonk:
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Beelz » Mon May 09, 2005 3:34 pm

oh my god.... I remember that commercial, I about pissed myself laughing so hard.... then I rmemebered how many dumbasses out there who would actually purchase it. I still can't believe it.

and as far as the hip hop generation :nuts: I'm gonna laugh when how they dress, act, dance and sing is as cool as Vanilla Ice is now and they are sitting at home w/ their Hagen Daas talkin about how bad they were as their kids tell them to shut up.
~Beelz~
Beelz
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Captain Insano » Mon May 09, 2005 3:38 pm

Beelz wrote:oh my god.... I remember that commercial, I about pissed myself laughing so hard.... then I rmemebered how many dumbasses out there who would actually purchase it. I still can't believe it.

and as far as the hip hop generation :nuts: I'm gonna laugh when how they dress, act, dance and sing is as cool as Vanilla Ice is now and they are sitting at home w/ their Hagen Daas talkin about how bad they were as their kids tell them to shut up.

ok that wasn't ebonics, but it wasn't english either.? Sooo your saying that your going to laugh at rapping haagen daaz bars that dress up like vanilla ice?! Who ever heard of such foolishness.

Darcler:

Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Beelz » Mon May 09, 2005 3:55 pm

Sorry about that, add a comma between the word now and the word and, then the sentence should be gramatically correct to the best of my knowledge. English is my worst course so that probably isn't saying much. Let me rephrase.

I'm gonna laugh when how they dress, act, dance and sing is as cool as Vanilla Ice is now. These Hip-Hoppers will be sitting at home eating their Hagen Daas talkin about how bad they were ten years ago. Their kids will tell them to shut up and stay indoors to avoid further humiliation.

*P.S. Vanilla Ice is a joke*
~Beelz~
Beelz
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Almegest Victory » Mon May 09, 2005 4:04 pm

You can't teach an old dog new tricks and you can't make a narrow-minded person have a revelation that broadens their horizons, that would make them open their eyes, when it comes to accepting people for who they are and not how they dress/talk/act :)

In all honesty, I've never understood why people like to post or even talk about how much they hate rap/hip-hop/techno/rock/metal/oldies etc...The same people who are hard up for any of those categories all have the same perspective and make fun of the same things you guys do. It goes hand and hand, but it's all ignorance.

As far as hip-hop sounding like shit, that's something someone put their heart into. You can't deny them the credit they deserve for actually having the balls to put their life on front street(out there in the open). Most music tells a story, listen to the words, don't just hear the song.

I like it all...so you can add some country/classical/opera to that list up above.

just my 2cp
[90 Ashenhand] Almegest Victory<Valorguard>
[85 Juggernaut] Eviscerate<Valorguard>
[80 Arch Animist] Pneumatic Device
[75 Shadowblade] Hundular Rocsolid
[50 Shadow Knight] Yiumadzeni Frenzy
[49 Wizard] Superlative Auras
-----retired----
[56 Templar] Allanh Soultaker
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Evermore » Mon May 09, 2005 4:08 pm

leezurd~~~~
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Almegest Victory » Mon May 09, 2005 4:18 pm

sup sexy
-----retired----
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Jei » Mon May 09, 2005 4:20 pm

it's not appealing to the ears to me

i just plain don't like the sound of rap music

it's one thing if they tell a story, but it's another thing to tell that story while you have a giant blunt in one hand and a gun in the other hand, with your pants at your ankles

they don't speak right either, and that gets to me as well. at least pretend you're educated if you're going to be on TV and get your story told. lots of people would kill to have what fame most of the rappers have

i see rappers as just a waste of TV/CD space that could be utilized by other more talented and appreciative people :dunno:
Jei
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

okay

Postby Almegest Victory » Mon May 09, 2005 5:38 pm

Jei wrote:it's not appealing to the ears to me

i just plain don't like the sound of rap music

it's one thing if they tell a story, but it's another thing to tell that story while you have a giant blunt in one hand and a gun in the other hand, with your pants at your ankles

they don't speak right either, and that gets to me as well. at least pretend you're educated if you're going to be on TV and get your story told. lots of people would kill to have what fame most of the rappers have

i see rappers as just a waste of TV/CD space that could be utilized by other more talented and appreciative people :dunno:

That's understandable, what is speaking right? That's like telling Mike Tyson to stop speaking with a lisp. When I was in Atlanta for school, I met a few people from Chicago. After every sentence they used the word "jo" instead of sayin "yo" It's all about where you're from and how you were raised.

Also, you can't put a label on talent. If a person has raw talent, it shows. You can tell when someone when genuine versus someone who is fake. Someone who has lived what they rap and someone who just raps to make a buck.

I also understand what you're talking about when you say, someone is rapping with a blunt in one hand and a gun in the other. Think about this though. Where are you from? How did you make money? Did the way you made money flip flop and start making you? A gun and a blunt is metaphoric for saying they got so deep into what they were doing that it actually consumed them.

Please tell me who doesn't get high, because from what I've seen, it's more common in adults now-a-days as a stress reliever or a (I'm still cool, because I enjoy my quick bowls every now and then)

Lets recap:

You said. . .

1.it's one thing if they tell a story, but it's another thing to tell that story while you have a giant blunt in one hand and a gun in the other hand, with your pants at your ankles

2.they don't speak right either, and that gets to me as well.

3.at least pretend you're educated if you're going to be on TV and get your story told.

4.i see rappers as just a waste of TV/CD space that could be utilized by other more talented and appreciative people

I say...

1. You can't blame a person for the enviroment they grew up in. If
you need a gun to protect yourself, then you have one. If you have to sell drugs to pay bills, then that's what you do. Last, you get in where you fit in. You may not like the way some people wear their clothes, but it's "they're" style. It'd be like me saying "Hey those Penny Loafers are fuckin ridiculous"

2. When you say "they" don't speak right, who is they? People from real "ghetto's" and "slums" or African Americans...I think you mean ghetto's and slums, but I'm not Kenny Kingston so all I can tell you again that it's the enviroment. You don't have to use correct grammar with the superlative command of syntax to be sociably acceptable in this day and age and I think that offends people who worked their ass off, having to actually be the tight ass that they said they would never be.
[
b]3.[/b]Refer to number two of my explainations. Just because you talk with slang doesn't mean you're uneducated. It doesn't mean your ignorant either, it just means that you don't give a damn how people think/feel about your vocabulary. You may not like it, but it sells and there are people of all different races that talk that way.

4. That is the usual sterotypical "Hey, look I'm educated and you're not, because I'm on my high horse" comment that most people with tunnel vision think. However, that is your opinion and I'll respect it.

Everyone has a story to tell, no matter how crude or unacceptable it is, it's their life and experiences which by law have the right to be expressed freely even if they get bad responses from hopeless critiques. To be blunt, if you don't like it then don't listen to it. Otherwise, stop bitching.

just my 2cp
-----retired----
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Re: The most annoying thing about the HIP HOP culture

Postby Tossica » Mon May 09, 2005 5:47 pm

Ironfang wrote:After reading Ralpmacchio's posts (and go figure what he says annoys me), it reminded me of the ONE thing that really pisses me off in the black influenced hip-hop inner city culture:

I am not necessarily promoting the way the rappers treat women but I must say, for the most part I think they are speaking literally. The women that seek out the rich thugs and rappers are ho's and bitches. Hanging around with the few rollers that I do know has left me less than impressed with most of the women that gravitate to them so I can understand the skewed outlook. :wink:
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

k

Postby Jei » Mon May 09, 2005 8:26 pm

normally I wouldn't take the time to post a huge response, but since you did, and for the sake of argument, i'll kindly oblige.

let's see here, where to begin...

You said...

That's understandable, what is speaking right? That's like telling Mike Tyson to stop speaking with a lisp. When I was in Atlanta for school, I met a few people from Chicago. After every sentence they used the word "jo" instead of sayin "yo" It's all about where you're from and how you were raised.

I say...

I disagree. It's not about how you were raised. Speaking grammatically correct isn't about where you're from, as the words are universal around the world in the english language. I didn't mention anything about their lisp, but I guess I wasn't clear - I don't like the poor grammar they use when speaking, and the vulgarity extent they go to to get their point across. THAT IS MY OPINION.

You said...

Also, you can't put a label on talent. If a person has raw talent, it shows. You can tell when someone when genuine versus someone who is fake. Someone who has lived what they rap and someone who just raps to make a buck.

I say...

Please tell me what talent a rapper utilizes. They don't play instruments, and they don't even sing. They keep the same tone pretty much throughout the whole song. The only immediate talent that I see is the ability to talk fast and rhyme words. That's not exactly talent to me. Dictionary defines talent as :

Dictionary.com wrote:tal·ent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tlnt)
n.
A marked innate ability, as for artistic accomplishment. See Synonyms at ability.

Natural endowment or ability of a superior quality.

Now lets examine this for a second -- an artistic accomplishment. Not really much art in talking fast. No instrument is being played, it's just a constant beat over and over. Again, a little lacking in the artistic department.

A natural endowment for ability of superior quality.

I guess if you consider the ability to speak faster than normal people a "quality", then they could be talented. However, auctioneers would still have them beat in that category.

k, beat that one to death. Moving on...

You said...

I also understand what you're talking about when you say, someone is rapping with a blunt in one hand and a gun in the other. Think about this though. Where are you from? How did you make money? Did the way you made money flip flop and start making you? A gun and a blunt is metaphoric for saying they got so deep into what they were doing that it actually consumed them.

I say...

Not sure about you, but I could probably come up with some better metaphor's than a fat blunt or a gun to get my point across. Why not try to change the negative into something positive?

You say...

Please tell me who doesn't get high, because from what I've seen, it's more common in adults now-a-days as a stress reliever or a (I'm still cool, because I enjoy my quick bowls every now and then)

I say...

Who doesn't get high? Me. i'm 19 and been high probably twice in my life, and I was like 13 or something at the time. Apparently you didn't grow out of that by about 15 as well, but I guess there's always some late bloomers here and there. If you can't think of a better way to relieve some stress besides lighting up a bong, it is my belief that you deserve the cancer that follows. Myself, as well as lots and lots of others, don't need to 'smoke teh phat bluntz' to feel better about ourselves.

alright. halfway point. continuing on -

You say...

You can't blame a person for the enviroment they grew up in. If
you need a gun to protect yourself, then you have one. If you have to sell drugs to pay bills, then that's what you do. Last, you get in where you fit in. You may not like the way some people wear their clothes, but it's "they're" style. It'd be like me saying "Hey those Penny Loafers are fuckin ridiculous"

I say...

If you need a gun to protect yourself, that's probably a sign to get the hell out of there. If you have to sell drugs to pay bills, you failed at life, and don't deserve fame. You get in where you fit in - that's true I guess, but you can also choose who you hang out with. As for that last part about the loafers, eh, no comment really.

You say...

When you say "they" don't speak right, who is they? People from real "ghetto's" and "slums" or African Americans...I think you mean ghetto's and slums, but I'm not Kenny Kingston so all I can tell you again that it's the enviroment. You don't have to use correct grammar with the superlative command of syntax to be sociably acceptable in this day and age and I think that offends people who worked their ass off, having to actually be the tight ass that they said they would never be.

I say...

When I say "they", I mean rappers, obviously. That is what we're talking about here, right? I don't give a shit where they're from. And while it may not be socially acceptable with the people YOU associate with, I like to try my best to speak properly with my friends. I don't purposely go out of my way to say things such as :

50 cent wrote:You ain't no gangsta
You'se a busta, a customer, a sucker
You fake fraudulent motherfucker
You ain't a gangsta
I should cut ya, cock back and bust ya or stomp you out cause
We don't trust ya

It offends them because they "worked their asses off"? Doing what? Thinking of that? Come on now. What the hell does that even mean?

Conclusion

wow. that was longer than expected. anyway, I guess we're just 2 different people. Enjoy your music, and i'll enjoy mine.
Jei
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tadpole » Mon May 09, 2005 8:33 pm

Nice post Bofa...want them to run onto incoming traffic and get smahed by mack trucks? :cool6:

Btw, how did you like my private one on one concert free of charges just for you? :balloons:
Tadpole
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jei » Mon May 09, 2005 8:34 pm

uhh, what?
Jei
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tadpole » Mon May 09, 2005 9:12 pm

Free style rapping is a skill.
Tadpole
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Re: k

Postby Almegest Victory » Mon May 09, 2005 9:13 pm

haw, I deleted my shit like 3 times...anyways

50 cent wrote:You ain't no gangsta
You'se a busta, a customer, a sucker
You fake fraudulent motherfucker
You ain't a gangsta
I should cut ya, cock back and bust ya or stomp you out cause
We don't trust ya

I'll decipher what he's saying:

You'se a busta = (punk)
a customer = (you're not pushin lbs, you're usin)
a sucker = (you're stupid)
You fake fraudulent motherfucker = (He's saying you're pretending to be what you're not)
I should cut ya, cock back and bust ya or stomp you out = (Keep pretending and you'll get beat down, stabbed or shot)

Now why would 50 cent say these things? It's because Real Recognize Real. (Meaning, any real "gangsta" would put you out of the game(drug game) without any remorse and they'd do it with the quickness)

Jei wrote:I guess if you consider the ability to speak faster than normal people a "quality", then they could be talented. However, auctioneers would still have them beat in that category.

You've never heard of twista or drag-on from the ruff ryders. Listen to them sometime, good music. I seriously doubt that any auctioneer would beat these guys.

Jei wrote:Please tell me what talent a rapper utilizes. They don't play instruments, and they don't even sing. They keep the same tone pretty much throughout the whole song. The only immediate talent that I see is the ability to talk fast and rhyme words. That's not exactly talent to me

So you're saying the ability to put a rhyme with a beat isn't talent? As far as some of the songs, alot of rap songs have "Big Band Music" "Symphony Music" and some sample "Rock Music" as well. Take for example Lil'Jon and the Eastside Boys. The song is titled Throw it up. It has samples from the orchestra playing music from the movie Requiem for a Dream. That's not even touching the tip of the iceburg.

50 Cent wrote:If I ain't rap 'cause I flipped burgers at Burger King
would you be ashamed to tell your friends you feelin' me?
And in bed if I used to my tongue, would you like that?
If I wrote you a love letter would you write back?
Now we can have a lil' drink you know a nightcap
And we could go do what you like, I know you like that

So tell me something, you understand what he's saying in his song?21 Questions

You gotta really listen to the words to really heart the music, but like you said, we're two totally different people...

PS, I wouldn't have jumped around on shit, but people keep calling me :( You also need to play EQ again so we can make much fun.
-----retired----
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok